08-31-10, 04:04 PM   #1
donelol
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Hp Bar Above My Head [Like in Dota or Ctrl+V in WoW]

hey guiz sumtimes i fail keeping track of my hp bcuz i dont watch the top left corner

so i wonder if theres a addon wat shows u a life bar above ur head

like in dota or like when u ctrl+v in wow to see it for enemys or allys

peace

08-31-10, 04:37 PM   #2
pHishr
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This has been brought up several times and this is the first time the question has been so clear too me.

Sadly, there is no such AddOn Sorry

08-31-10, 04:40 PM   #3
Phanx
Cat.

However, your character's head is always at the center of the screen, so you could achieve the same effect by using pretty much any unit frame addon to put a health bar for yourself in the center of the screen.

08-31-10, 04:44 PM   #4
sacrife
An Onyxian Warder

Alternatively you can use an addon that reports to you if you have low health, like emergency.

08-31-10, 05:17 PM   #5
donelol
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
i tought of dat with the UI one but i rly like the blizz ui and i also change my zoom sumtimes

and i also wud like it rly rly simple

for the emergency tip

doesnt work for me aswell since i wudnt pay attention to it

i rly need to see it like in dota it wud increase my arena performence 150%

heres also a screenshot how i mean it in case sum ppl dont get it

http://img594.imageshack.us/f/wowscr...510054849.png/

08-31-10, 05:19 PM   #6
sacrife
An Onyxian Warder

How can you not notice the edges of your entire ui going red and also an alarm going off?

Also, if you only do arena, download moveanything or something similar and move the blizz default unitframes closer to the middle.
A lot of pro rogue players in the US have them to the left on your character.

08-31-10, 05:29 PM   #7
donelol
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
ye but its still not like i want it

back in s4 ive been using xpearl and put my ui thing in the middle of the screen i still didnt watch it bcuz its too bad

if it wud be like in dota jus a little thing above my head it wud be way easier to watch

because i have to concentrate wats goin on in the arena and dont have time to watch my friggin UI all the time

if sum1 knows how to make such an addon im also willing to pay u abit for ur efforts

08-31-10, 10:37 PM   #8
Phanx
Cat.

1. This is a community forum, not craigslist. Posting that you'll pay someone to help you is neither necessary nor wanted.

2. You'd probably get a better response, both here and everywhere else on the internet (and probably in real life), if you put a little effort into making your posts not look like your only prior experience with the English language was an AOL chat room populated by 12-year-olds from the Jersey Shore.

3. As I said before, any custom unit frame addon can place your player frame in the center of the screen. If the addon you're currently using doesn't allow you to do this, or doesn't allow you to customize the frame to look the way you want, there are plenty of other unit frame addons you could use. Shadowed Unit Frames, STUF, and PitBull4 are just a few of the most well-known. See:

Unit Frames category on WoWInterface:
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/cat21.html

Unit Frames category on Curse:
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...it-frames.aspx

08-31-10, 10:56 PM   #9
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
1. This is a community forum, not craigslist. Posting that you'll pay someone to help you is neither necessary nor wanted.

2. You'd probably get a better response, both here and everywhere else on the internet (and probably in real life), if you put a little effort into making your posts not look like your only prior experience with the English language was an AOL chat room populated by 12-year-olds from the Jersey Shore.
spit... sputter....

BWAAHHAAHHAAAAHHAAAAA!!!!

Oh, my GOD! That felt GOOD!

Phanx, thanks for saying exactly what I was thinking.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

09-01-10, 12:45 AM   #10
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Using a unit frame addon is the most direct solution to your issue. I can't think of one that will automatically scale/change position when you zoom to get the feel of a name plate. I'm not entirely sure its even possible to have it adjust like that.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

09-01-10, 01:54 AM   #11
Phanx
Cat.

It's not, at least while you're in combat. But, since your character's head is always in the center of the screen, it's not really necessary to move the frame, and since nameplates are always the same size regardless of your camera zoom or their owner's distance, it's not really necessary to scale it either.

09-01-10, 04:33 AM   #12
donelol
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
[quote=Phanx;204464]1. This is a community forum, not craigslist. Posting that you'll pay someone to help you is neither necessary nor wanted.

3. As I said before, any custom unit frame addon can place your player frame in the center of the screen. If the addon you're currently using doesn't allow you to do this, or doesn't allow you to customize the frame to look the way you want, there are plenty of other unit frame addons you could use. Shadowed Unit Frames, STUF, and PitBull4 are just a few of the most well-known. See:

im sorry but engish is my 3rd language

and i dont have time to write huge detailed threads

since i work alot and got other stuff to do aswell

and i think everybody understood wat i wanted

and im not looking for other solutions i simply wanted to check out if such an add on exists and if sumbody knows how to do it i will give him a little gift for his efforts

09-01-10, 06:57 AM   #13
Sythalin
Curse staff

Although I agree with the "use better English", one should always consider that it may not be their native language, like in this case, before tearing into them about it. I felt like I was reading the official forums for a sec there. I like to think the community here is a bit better than that.

Now if it's some obvious troll using "1337" bull**** it's an entirely different story...

09-01-10, 07:13 AM   #14
d87
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

That's not an excuse, unless he was studying "1337" bull**** instead of English.

I guess i myself make retarded errors all the time. I'm absolutely clueless about english grammar

Last edited by d87 : 09-01-10 at 07:16 AM.

09-01-10, 08:05 AM   #15
Sythalin
Curse staff

Red face

Originally Posted by d87 View Post
That's not an excuse, unless he was studying "1337" bull**** instead of English.

I guess i myself make retarded errors all the time. I'm absolutely clueless about english grammar
English is not as easy to learn as one may think. But that's a discussion for another time and place...

09-01-10, 09:53 AM   #16
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
Unless you are statisfied with the answer "any unitframe addon can do this", then your explanation isn't clear enough.

09-01-10, 10:09 AM   #17
Psychoholic
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Is it possible to have two PlayerFrames?

Lets assume I'm using an UF addon. I never saw an option to allow me a second PlayerFrame. I know that it is possible to get an UF addon and still display the Blizzard frames, but what if I'm using an Addon as my standard UF's?

09-01-10, 10:27 AM   #18
sacrife
An Onyxian Warder

I'm guessing it's possible to disable the function in ouf (or re-enable) that disables the default blizz frames and create a very simple layout that looks like a hp overlay frame which is only shown in combat. Should not be very much code as no text is needed, only the hp bar.

09-01-10, 11:26 AM   #19
Dawn
A Molten Giant

In theory, oUF can spawn as many frames of the same type (like player, ...) how you want. Simple example ... use 2 different layouts at the same time.

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

09-02-10, 12:04 AM   #20
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by donelol View Post
im sorry but engish is my 3rd language
Originally Posted by ChaosInc View Post
Although I agree with the "use better English", one should always consider that it may not be their native language
Originally Posted by d87 View Post
There's a huge difference between occasionally spelling something wrong or using funky grammar because English isn't your native language, and intentionally misspelling every other word and not capitalizing or punctuating anything.

No matter how you learned English, there's no way you can think that "sum1" is a reasonable spelling of the word "someone". I also don't know of any language that doesn't have sentences or something equivalent, so "English isn't my native language" isn't an excuse for not using any punctuation.

Originally Posted by Psychoholic View Post
Is it possible to have two PlayerFrames?
It depends on which addon you're using. Some addons will let you create more than one frame for the same unit. Some won't.

Even if the addon you're using doesn't provide this feature, you can generally run more than one unit frame addon at the same time, much the way you can run one unit frame addon alongside the default UI.

You could also try a HUD-style addon that adds bars around your character, or an addon that continuously plays a sound or tints the whole screen while your health is low. Even if you can miss a single screen flash, I'd be impressed if you managed to miss the fact that your entire screen is red and there's a pounding heartbeat sound playing.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Hp Bar Above My Head [Like in Dota or Ctrl+V in WoW]