04-08-09, 10:27 PM   #1
wildchilde
A Murloc Raider
map a black blob of nothing but a dot

I dont have all day to sit around and play. when i get online my play time is valuable to me as i AM AN ADULT. so when i get on i expect things to work properly. well i get the new version tonight when i get home and now my dang map is a blob of black w/ a dot in the middle that is basically the size of my arrow................................................
needless to say i'm slightly upset... i had to install the last version twice to get it to work correctly..... give me an update every other month that don't work right might pass but every two weeks???? whats the deal?
i'm home now i'm wanting to play and my map is a black blob!
would you be happy????
by the way... i've got NO other addons but carbonite............ this is the one i chose.

04-08-09, 10:37 PM   #2
wildchilde
A Murloc Raider
carbonite black blob map bug.....

well i thought i reinstalled my old version bit it now comes out a black blob.......

to eliminate this situation so i can play at some point and time tonght I am goin to uninstall the carbonite completle and go with the original WOW map.
when there is a solution to this problem i would greatly appreciate an email or something or would my money back be a better solution?

04-08-09, 11:04 PM   #3
Haavok
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You are the first person to report this. As you have stated you aren't running any other addons so my only guess is you have a bad download. Try deleting your Carbonite addon folder and install the latest version again.

If the problem persists please provide any additional information you can. Do you have LUA error reporting enabled? Could you post a screenshot?

04-09-09, 12:25 AM   #4
wildchilde
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Haavok View Post
You are the first person to report this. As you have stated you aren't running any other addons so my only guess is you have a bad download. Try deleting your Carbonite addon folder and install the latest version again.

If the problem persists please provide any additional information you can. Do you have LUA error reporting enabled? Could you post a screenshot?
hhmmm let me see about posting a screen shot. and bout the lua error reporting enabled... well i'm not sure. i am on vista which is somewhat new to me as far as moving around but i can check that. i 've tried to install the older version and now that won't work either but... let me reboot my comp and down load again and see what happens let me see if i can get screen shot first and get it posted.

04-09-09, 12:36 AM   #5
Sythalin
Curse staff

You are the first person to report this.
Not true.

Could you post a screenshot?
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=21792

04-09-09, 12:45 AM   #6
wildchilde
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by ChaosInc View Post

I"m either a total bumbass or tired by now.... okay so i print screen but how the hell do i get it to post in this forum?

04-09-09, 12:52 AM   #7
wildchilde
A Murloc Raider
my black blob is worse than the one posted in the other screen shot. that one looks like a black or darkened circle. my mini map is literally BLACK! all of it is black but the arrow in the middle and a tiny bit around the arrow that is not. i've got to get to bed and get some sleep wilkl check this tomrrow hopefull tomorrow night when i get home i will be able to play.................................................................

04-09-09, 12:56 AM   #8
wildchilde
A Murloc Raider
Click image for larger version

Name:	carbonite screen.jpg
Views:	401
Size:	126.4 KB
ID:	2445 well see if this works..... i enlarged my mini map so you could see it better... no other addons but this one.... this is the only thing i've got. was working fine till i downloaded the new version when i got home tonight. Click image for larger version

Name:	carbonite screen.jpg
Views:	401
Size:	126.4 KB
ID:	2445 all help is greatly appreciated. thaks guys. c'ya in the morning.

04-09-09, 01:21 AM   #9
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Does the same thing happen when you step outside of the Inn?
My minimap has done the same thing when I log onto a toon that I had parked in an Inn, and usually happens when I hearth also. It especially seems to happen when I hearth to Dalaran. All I've ever had to do was step outside the inn, wait a couple seconds for my position to update and it's all ok again. Just my experience at least.

04-09-09, 07:29 AM   #10
Haavok
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Originally Posted by wildchilde View Post
Attachment 2445 well see if this works..... i enlarged my mini map so you could see it better... no other addons but this one.... this is the only thing i've got. was working fine till i downloaded the new version when i got home tonight. Attachment 2445 all help is greatly appreciated. thaks guys. c'ya in the morning.
The minimap always changes like that when you are indoors (i.e. shows the inside of building, cave, etc.) When you step outside it should revert to normal.

It looks like your minimap has been set to full size:
Right-click map, select minimap & uncheck 'full size'

If you want to get things back to default you can use the reset option:
Options->Reset->Reset Window Layouts For Current Character.

If that doesn't help you could try deleting your saved vars (the bad side of this is you lose your quest history and other settings. You can always rename it rather than deleting it.
...\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\*YourAccount*\SavedVariables\Carbonite.lua

04-09-09, 08:47 AM   #11
wildchilde
A Murloc Raider
Well i reinstalled the new version again this morning and it's working fine now. I am not sure if i just did something wrong last night or what. stepping outside the inn may have been the thing with it also. I probably just over freaked out when i saw it. I've never noticed it do that before.
I"m sorry if i sounded a bit cranky.
Thanks again for your help.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » map a black blob of nothing but a dot