04-10-09, 07:30 PM   #1
Spectro
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Kill on Sight

Does the Punks system have any kind of kill on sight functionality? I want to be able to set someone as kill on sight (or have it automatically set it..) when I get ganked.

04-11-09, 07:54 AM   #2
Spahut
A Cobalt Mageweaver
No such facility as far as i can see.

It can't auto fight back of course, but I suppose it would possible to extend the addon to keep a list of who attacks and kills you and then build a MustBust list

You can of course manually add them to you "Punks" list, then you'll get a warning if you happen to mouse over them in the future (ie, "see" them)

Last edited by Spahut : 04-11-09 at 09:01 AM.

04-11-09, 10:21 AM   #3
Haavok
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Spectro View Post
Does the Punks system have any kind of kill on sight functionality? I want to be able to set someone as kill on sight (or have it automatically set it..) when I get ganked.
That depends on how you are using the punk feature right now. By default it will alert you to enemy players near you and provide you with a clickable button to target that player.

If you add the player name to your punk list then you will be alerted to the presence of that player in a more dramatic fashion by any player using Carbonite in your current zone. You can also monitor zones that you are not in. Basically, if you add a player to your punk list they can't hide from you

04-11-09, 07:31 PM   #4
Spectro
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Where is the clickable button to target the player at?

04-11-09, 09:45 PM   #5
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Go into the options menu under Social & Punks and make sure the 3rd box is not checked, that will allow the punks window to show. You can target someone directly from the punks window.

04-12-09, 01:58 PM   #6
Spectro
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Oh, that window. Thanks.

04-12-09, 02:22 PM   #7
Sythalin
Curse staff

Where is said Punks list and how do you add to it? I can't find the option anywhere, nor does it seem to be documented anywhere....

04-12-09, 03:13 PM   #8
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

This is a quote from Faatal from the original Carbonite Forums from Oct 2008...

" Press O key to open Social window. Click "Punks" tab. Right click a name under the "-- Active --" line or you can target someone and right click a blank line and select "Add Character". They are now stored in the top of the list. Right click a name and select "Set Note". Type some info on why they should die, etc."

I may be wrong, but I think the Punks tab only shows if you allow Carbonite to take over your Social window.

04-12-09, 03:15 PM   #9
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

And to add some more info, this is the Unofficial Wiki page which may give a better outline of some of the useful features built into Carbonite http://carbonite.wikidot.com/start

04-12-09, 07:54 PM   #10
Spectro
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Thanks. Someone linked it before, but I forgot about that wiki.

04-12-09, 07:59 PM   #11
Sythalin
Curse staff

Originally Posted by Vis View Post
And to add some more info, this is the Unofficial Wiki page which may give a better outline of some of the useful features built into Carbonite http://carbonite.wikidot.com/start
And it still lacks Punk documentation.

EDIT: I stand corrected, you just have to dig around to find it. Maybe have it's own subsection?

04-12-09, 08:35 PM   #12
Spectro
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

It's missing the Gathering information. :/
I was hoping I could decide whether to use Gatherer or Carbonite's Gather by reading up on it.. but there's nothing to read.
http://carbonite.wikidot.com/gather

04-13-09, 09:20 AM   #13
Sythalin
Curse staff

Originally Posted by Spectro View Post
It's missing the Gathering information. :/
I was hoping I could decide whether to use Gatherer or Carbonite's Gather by reading up on it.. but there's nothing to read.
http://carbonite.wikidot.com/gather
I use Gathermate + Carbonite. Carb's gathering is okay, but doesn't have all the options I like with Gathermate (primarily node filtering). Plus Carb simply makes the icons transparent which can still make it hard to tell if a node is a specific location. No conflicts between the two other than Gathermate's icons don't show up on Carbonite's maps (only minimap).

04-13-09, 05:30 PM   #14
Spectro
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I just noticed that it actually says it supports Gatherer on the official site.

04-14-09, 03:29 AM   #15
schizophrena
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by ChaosInc View Post
I use Gathermate + Carbonite. Carb's gathering is okay, but doesn't have all the options I like with Gathermate (primarily node filtering). Plus Carb simply makes the icons transparent which can still make it hard to tell if a node is a specific location. No conflicts between the two other than Gathermate's icons don't show up on Carbonite's maps (only minimap).
You can filter only the nodes you want.

If you go into the guide option in carbonite (the question mark icon) and scroll down to Gather, select that and on the right side you'll see a list of herbs/mines. Shift click the ones you want until they are in the enlarged icon state and it should only show those icons - further you can route to only those icons by selecting route and urrent gather locations. I'm not sure what you mean by transparent icons, but try Ctrl or Alt while you're around and see if that helps bring up the yellow dots. (May be a layering issue that can be fixed with a change in options.)

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Kill on Sight