02-25-10, 03:45 PM   #1
Neef
A Cliff Giant

Customizable Stat Block

I've seen something similar to this in a video or two, but for the life of me I can't find them or remember the names. And I have no idea what kind of Addon will do this.

Basically I want a block or square of stats that is updated in real time. Things like haste percentage, crit percentage, spell/attack power, latency, durability, rep/xp and such.
I'm not sure, but I believe the background is blank and the text is somewhat customizable.

I want to make a block with 6 stats in them depending on which toon I log in with. Something that looks like this:

Code:
2500 SP       85% durability

20% Haste     55% rep

30% Crit      439 ms
Is there anything out there like this? or am I just hallucinating?
02-25-10, 03:53 PM   #2
nightcracker
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You can make this yourself using ncDatatext.

It's a little bit outdated, but might update it soon.
02-25-10, 04:10 PM   #3
Rostok
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
You could give a try with LiteStats+LitePanels, very very good mods and very customisable with a little bit of lua knowledge.
02-25-10, 04:16 PM   #4
Neef
A Cliff Giant

I'm going to give ncDatatext a try, but as another options, do you think LiteStats would would with kgPanels?
02-25-10, 04:31 PM   #5
Lordyfrb
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by Neef View Post
I'm going to give ncDatatext a try, but as another options, do you think LiteStats would would with kgPanels?
If you decide to go with litestats, you will need litepanels as litestats is a plugin for litepanels.

How ever litepanels is in my opinion far better than kgpanels, and uses less memory to boot.

check out litepanels here:Clicky

Also check out this thread on it here:LitePanels Layout Discussion thread
02-25-10, 05:17 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...eleeStats.html

or

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...sterStats.html
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

02-25-10, 06:09 PM   #7
Neef
A Cliff Giant

That's actually really close to what I want, Seerah, now to put it into a square rather than flat rectangle.
02-26-10, 02:07 AM   #8
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
Originally Posted by Neef View Post
That's actually really close to what I want, Seerah, now to put it into a square rather than flat rectangle.
I believe you can move them all around individually independently, if you use StatBlockCore.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...sterStats.html
02-26-10, 04:09 AM   #9
Neef
A Cliff Giant

Just tried it. With and without StatBlockCore.

It was either a flat rectangle or stack on top of one another. I couldn't get the block to update correctly either. I'll take another whack at it after sleep.

P.S. -
I'm looking for something to fill the area directly under the four buttons to the right of the minimap. Mainly with current SP, Haste, Crit, Latency and hopefully with xp/rep and durability.

P.P.S. - Sorry if I sound a bit confusing. Long raid night and I'm a bit muddled. I'll make more sense in the morning.
02-26-10, 02:59 PM   #10
Neef
A Cliff Giant

Took another look at ncDataText. It's probably the one I'm going to go with.
/sigh... time to actually learn lua and not just coast on the basics.

I can deduce some things from the default displays of the addon, but I don;t know how to retrieve character stats.
If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'll donate a cookie to science in their name.

spellpower
attack power
crit
haste
armor
dodge
parry
and/or block

::EDIT::
Note to self - Follow the instructions of the WoWI Comic before posting. Just discovered http://www.wowwiki.com/World_of_Warcraft_API
It helps a lot.

Now to main question is how to get the text to display on top of my panels. The panels are all set to Background, but the text still doesn't display on top.

Last edited by Neef : 02-26-10 at 03:37 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Customizable Stat Block