01-02-12, 12:15 PM   #1
Othgar
"That" Guy

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Help with oc'ing my 1055T

I've been running my current rig for a year now, and I've upgraded everything to a point where I'm happy with it for the most part. However I'm running into a CPU bottle neck playing WoW so I've been looking into oc'ing my phenom II x6 1055T. Everything I've read says that I should be able to get it to 3.7gigs on air without any issues. But when I did everything in the bios that needed to be done and started the system up I got a system could not boot due to over clocking message.

I run a Gigabyte GA-890FX-A-UD5 Board, an AMD Phenom II x6 1055T CPU and 16gigs of GSkill Ripjaws 1333 RAM.

From what I've gathered from forums these settings should work:

Base Clock:265MHz
8x multiplier for HT and NB
1.88v PLL
1.5v RAM
1.36v NB Voltage Control
1.88v NB/PCIe/PLL
1.4v CPU-NB VID
1.475v CPU
NB/HT @2448MHz
CL9 Ripjaws @ 8 8 8 21 2T

Turbo disabled, C&Q disabled

Using these as a base and tweaking have gotten me no where. I keep getting the same boot failure message at startup. This is starting to drive me a little nutty, I've been messing with it for 4 hours no with no luck. Can anyone out there lend me some advice?

01-04-12, 02:26 PM   #2
Othgar
"That" Guy

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Well after giving up yesterday, I tried one more time today to at least get the system stable with a mild oc. Managed to get 3.2GHz on stock voltages Prime95 stable. I'm thinking I might need to upgrade my PSU. I have an 800w but off from that I run a 6770 and a 5770 crossfired 16GHz of ram, my processor is 125w and 2 optical drives a fan controller 5 fans two of which are led fans, and 4 12" cold cathode lights.

Ahh well I wanted to upgrade some more anyways

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Tech Chat » Help with oc'ing my 1055T