10-24-12, 06:58 AM   #1
Mitzrael79
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Quest watch doesn't sync with blizz watch

Since 5.054, Carbonite watching quests don't affect blizzard watching quest system, even if the option is enabled

10-24-12, 07:55 AM   #2
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
It was removed as unneeded, is there an actual need for it to sync now?

10-24-12, 01:30 PM   #3
Mitzrael79
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Personally I loved that feature, for example 'cause blizz watching system could help in case of carbonite failure.

Anyway, thx for asking my feedback on that

10-24-12, 05:51 PM   #4
Kythlyn
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Mitzrael79 View Post
Personally I loved that feature, for example 'cause blizz watching system could help in case of carbonite failure.

Anyway, thx for asking my feedback on that
I liked it too. The Blizzard minimap provided Blizzard's info, and the Carbonite minimap provided Carb's blobs. They complimented each other pretty well.

10-25-12, 03:44 PM   #5
thetravellor
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Hmm, well I used Carbonite in dread wastes last night and it was tracking quests perfectly, i logged back in this morning now says nearly all my quests are not in the database.

So something is up with the Quest tracking part of the addon

Screenshot is taken while toon is standing in klaxxi vess.

The quest tracking feature is kind of core to Carbonite - so if thats not working, its kind of a deal breaker.

10-25-12, 03:50 PM   #6
thetravellor
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by thetravellor View Post
Hmm, well I used Carbonite in dread wastes last night and it was tracking quests perfectly, i logged back in this morning now says nearly all my quests are not in the database.

So something is up with the Quest tracking part of the addon

Screenshot is taken while toon is standing in klaxxi vess.

The quest tracking feature is kind of core to Carbonite - so if thats not working, its kind of a deal breaker.

And an update: I reset Carbonite to default and this problem went away. Obviously there is an option that upsets the quest watch list big time.

10-25-12, 05:38 PM   #7
denlee0710
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
It was removed as unneeded, is there an actual need for it to sync now?

Please add it back. I love that feature. Blizzard's watch can show arrows on edge of minimap and highlight quest area for those of us who doesn't combine carbonite and blizzard maps.

Carbonite quest target is only a blob most of the time.

10-25-12, 06:10 PM   #8
Athilus
A Murloc Raider
It's absense was the very first thing I noticed when I logged on today. I got on to do my dailies and realized that none of my quests are being tracked. I'm getting a message that they're not in the database (all are in Dread Wastes and from Shrine of Two Moons). I floundered around lost for a short while, then just gave up and logged onto a low lvl alt.

11-01-12, 12:21 PM   #9
katta
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by Athilus View Post
It's absense was the very first thing I noticed when I logged on today. I got on to do my dailies and realized that none of my quests are being tracked. I'm getting a message that they're not in the database (all are in Dread Wastes and from Shrine of Two Moons). I floundered around lost for a short while, then just gave up and logged onto a low lvl alt.
it seems, that carbonite has only those quests in your area in the database. go to the area you want to quest in and relogg - the you will see them.
but it would be nice, if it would be fixed soon.

11-01-12, 02:21 PM   #10
Tigermafia
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Any work that deals with quests will be done as soon™ as Rythal gets done with the map work. That in it self is a HUGE undertaking and am patiently waiting to see the results of that before we start asking him about the questing function. (If i knew how to convert the quests into bytecode; I would begin working on the starting areas since he might wanna do a complete overhaul.)

12-03-12, 03:14 AM   #11
Becvar
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Blizz tracking sync would also be useful to get Carbonite to stop tracking Battle Pet quests when you're not even on the same continent, or in the case of a new alt, since they're account-wide quests, when the log is otherwise empty.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Quest watch doesn't sync with blizz watch