09-03-08, 03:59 AM   #1
Voorije
Premium Member
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
RuneWatch (WotLK)

RuneWatch
RuneWatch is a RuneFrame Replacement Addon which has slowly evolved into a UnitFrame for DeathKnights. The Mod tracks your runes, thier cooldowns and also visually represents your Runic Power.

The aim of RuneWatch is to make your DeathKnight specific statistics more visually appealing and noticeable. In addition to this, RuneWatch is highly customizable and allows you to change a number of aspects of both it's Appearance and Behavior.
Relevant Links
This Thread
The purpose of this thread is for users to ask questions, and post comments about the mod. I've had Admins disable mod comments on my project because they're often mis-used and I also wanted to attempt to get people to post bug reports / feature requests right into the portal framework provided here at WoWI.
09-09-08, 09:29 PM   #2
Vampyrate
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Hello from Dethcowess (the now sad DK who's been dejected and nerfed)
09-10-08, 03:36 AM   #3
Voorije
Premium Member
Premium Member
Originally Posted by Vampyrate View Post
Hello from Dethcowess (the now sad DK who's been dejected and nerfed)
Hey Hey, and yea frost got smote.
09-12-08, 07:22 PM   #4
Pesht
A Defias Bandit
This possibly could go into the suggestions area, but since it's somewhat out of the realm of the current mod, I wanted to post it here to see how much more than just rune and runic power management you wanted to put into this mod.

Did you ever want to add any duration tracking of diseases to it for instance?

I really like the look of it btw, very nicely done. My only complaints I have seem to be in the works to be fixed from looking at your list of future improvements.
09-14-08, 01:47 AM   #5
Voorije
Premium Member
Premium Member
Originally Posted by Pesht View Post
This possibly could go into the suggestions area, but since it's somewhat out of the realm of the current mod, I wanted to post it here to see how much more than just rune and runic power management you wanted to put into this mod.

Did you ever want to add any duration tracking of diseases to it for instance?

I really like the look of it btw, very nicely done. My only complaints I have seem to be in the works to be fixed from looking at your list of future improvements.
Disease Tracking in the works.

Which features? I can tell you roughly when they will be here.
09-15-08, 03:41 AM   #6
Voorije
Premium Member
Premium Member
Originally Posted by Voorije View Post
Disease Tracking in the works.
Now in latest version (v1.1.3 Beta).
09-16-08, 06:35 PM   #7
Pesht
A Defias Bandit
Very nice, that's just what I was hoping for with the disease indicator. Can be tricky picking out your diseases on a target with a lot of debuffs.

The option I was looking for but you already have in the works from what I understand, is to have it show the default "clock" style cooldown indicator for the runes, instead of the numbers.

The numbers are somewhat confusing to me when there are 6 of them all counting at different times, and they obscure the type of rune underneath, and while you can remember which runes are where, you can't see if it's a death rune or a blood rune for instance.
09-17-08, 03:46 AM   #8
Voorije
Premium Member
Premium Member
Very nice, that's just what I was hoping for with the disease indicator. Can be tricky picking out your diseases on a target with a lot of debuffs.

The option I was looking for but you already have in the works from what I understand, is to have it show the default "clock" style cooldown indicator for the runes, instead of the numbers.

The numbers are somewhat confusing to me when there are 6 of them all counting at different times, and they obscure the type of rune underneath, and while you can remember which runes are where, you can't see if it's a death rune or a blood rune for instance.
The whole point of numbers vs. clock was the visual element. I'm going to color the text of the numbers to thier appropriate rune colors to increase clarity.
09-18-08, 07:18 PM   #9
Pesht
A Defias Bandit
I'm a visual person though, never was good at math : p

I can understand the reasons behind the numbers, just saying, to me, I prefer the clock system. I could try and explain why, because there are rational logical reasons that it's better (as well as the same for the number system) but really, in the end, it just comes down to I prefer the clock system. : p

That being said, I'm still using the mod, and enjoying it greatly.

Last edited by Pesht : 09-18-08 at 07:20 PM.
09-18-08, 09:57 PM   #10
Voorije
Premium Member
Premium Member
I'm a visual person though, never was good at math : p

I can understand the reasons behind the numbers, just saying, to me, I prefer the clock system. I could try and explain why, because there are rational logical reasons that it's better (as well as the same for the number system) but really, in the end, it just comes down to I prefer the clock system. : p

That being said, I'm still using the mod, and enjoying it greatly.
Perhaps I will integrate both. Have #'s overtop the clock spin style effect.
09-19-08, 05:29 AM   #11
TorqueT1
A Defias Bandit
First of all I'd like to say I love your add-on, I dunno what you have planed for your skins but I really like the old version of just the runes but would be nice if it had the fade after combat and maybe the Disease Tracking all with a skin like your old version.

I'm still using and love your 1.0build9 version
09-19-08, 06:01 AM   #12
Voorije
Premium Member
Premium Member
Originally Posted by TorqueT1 View Post
First of all I'd like to say I love your add-on, I dunno what you have planed for your skins but I really like the old version of just the runes but would be nice if it had the fade after combat and maybe the Disease Tracking all with a skin like your old version.

I'm still using and love your 1.0build9 version
Holy crap dude, upgrade!

v1.1.4 should be out in a little bit when the mods approve the new file.

It includes the compact skin, im sure you'll enjoy that one.
09-19-08, 07:41 AM   #13
Patchumz
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
It looks like (Using the compact setup) the Runic Power number in the middle of the circle isn't centered, for me.

Could you add an option for customizing the text in the center? The orange look with the big black border to it just doesn't appeal to me.

Could you also set the Disease counter to hide when there are no diseases? Or is that feature part of the disease thing already and is not fully implemented.

And finally :P I love what you've done to it so far, using the compact mode with a frost skin and the alpha runes makes me pretty happy, great work!

.. Now if only I could get OmniCC to stop covering up my Runes with a timer.. since it already has a better one. (Better one is the built in one, that looks sexy cuz of the graphic.)
09-19-08, 05:37 PM   #14
TorqueT1
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Voorije View Post
Holy crap dude, upgrade!

v1.1.4 should be out in a little bit when the mods approve the new file.

It includes the compact skin, im sure you'll enjoy that one.

Yea I know I was in need of a upgrade but I wasn't too kin on the new look and showing my runic power and all..
I still think the version i was using was the best, I mean all I needed was just the rune's plain and simple, Now if only that simple look had the fade option and maybe disease tracking then it would be perfect in my book. =p
09-20-08, 02:35 AM   #15
Voorije
Premium Member
Premium Member
Originally Posted by TorqueT1 View Post
Yea I know I was in need of a upgrade but I wasn't too kin on the new look and showing my runic power and all..
I still think the version i was using was the best, I mean all I needed was just the rune's plain and simple, Now if only that simple look had the fade option and maybe disease tracking then it would be perfect in my book. =p
Stay Tuned for the "LightWeight" skin slated for a future version.
09-20-08, 02:37 AM   #16
Voorije
Premium Member
Premium Member
Originally Posted by Patchumz View Post
It looks like (Using the compact setup) the Runic Power number in the middle of the circle isn't centered, for me.

Could you add an option for customizing the text in the center? The orange look with the big black border to it just doesn't appeal to me.

Could you also set the Disease counter to hide when there are no diseases? Or is that feature part of the disease thing already and is not fully implemented.

And finally :P I love what you've done to it so far, using the compact mode with a frost skin and the alpha runes makes me pretty happy, great work!

.. Now if only I could get OmniCC to stop covering up my Runes with a timer.. since it already has a better one. (Better one is the built in one, that looks sexy cuz of the graphic.)
Yea, that stupid text in the compact mode wouldn't look "right" no matter what I did.

Im going to tweak it some more in the next versions.

Please add your "suggestion" about the disease tracker fading out to the "Feature Requests" tracker or add a ticket on my curseforge project.

I'll keep you informed of the progress through that.
10-27-08, 10:57 PM   #17
diospadre
A Kobold Labourer
Is this mod going to see further updates?
11-15-08, 10:59 PM   #18
Voorije
Premium Member
Premium Member
Originally Posted by diospadre View Post
Is this mod going to see further updates?
Yes, im just focusing on leveling my rogue a bit. Will have more for you guys in the coming week.
11-15-08, 11:09 PM   #19
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

I have reccomended this one to a few guild members who rolled DK, and they seem to love it.

Good job, I'll defo use it too when I get WotLK :P
11-16-08, 08:02 AM   #20
Voorije
Premium Member
Premium Member
Originally Posted by Psoewish View Post
I have reccomended this one to a few guild members who rolled DK, and they seem to love it.

Good job, I'll defo use it too when I get WotLK :P
That's great to hear!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » RuneWatch (WotLK)