06-21-06, 02:30 PM   #1
Leznir
A Murloc Raider
WoWi, so this is what IGE gave you?

So WoWi, is this what you've gotten from IGE for selling your site?

After talking to thott who's very close to IGE, I've been informed that Cairenn got 275K dollars, dolby 350K and Kudane 50K. Are you guys just going to take the money and keep it, exploiting the authors who put hard work into their creations but get nothing out of it, while you get rich? Or you will share it at least with the most active authors who contribute more than anyone else to the high amount of traffic you've grown so accustomed to?

Can't wait to see how this little deal is justified, looking forward to some very informative posts from the WoWi staff.

-Leznir
60 Troll Shaman
Silvermoon Server
06-21-06, 02:36 PM   #2
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
shaman troll or forum troll?
(one can only wonder)

I guess some official reply or action is forthcoming.
06-21-06, 02:36 PM   #3
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
ROFL, I could only frigging wish I'd gotten $275k!

God don't I wish!

Hahahahhahahaahahaha*gasp*hahahhahahahahhahahahahaa*wheeze*hahahhahahahahahahaha

*pant* Okay, think I'm done now ... oh wait ....

hahahahhahahahhahahaha*holds aching ribs*hahahhahahahahahaha*falls out of her chair*hahahhahahahhahaha*rolls around on the floor*hahahhahahahha

*scrubs tears from her face*

Yeah, I'm done now, I'm almost positive
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
06-21-06, 02:38 PM   #4
willgk
An Aku'mai Servant
Great reply Cair idiots like leznir dont deserve anymore!
06-21-06, 02:41 PM   #5
Leznir
A Murloc Raider
Cairenn is that your only response? Could we not expect an intelligent explination for this disgusting and dishonorable display of weak will power? I find it very curious that you're unable to comment intelligently on exactly what went down in your deal, at least Allakhazam was open and forthright about his deal, a shame we can't expect the same from you.
06-21-06, 02:46 PM   #6
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
A) We were very forthright about "what went down" at the time: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=1478 and http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=1479 ;
B) I was quite honest in my response ... I could only frigging wish I'd gotten paid for the sale of the site(s)
06-21-06, 02:49 PM   #7
Leznir
A Murloc Raider
I appreciate you making the effort to be honest, so what kind of rewards are you looking at now from IGE for each new unique visitor you bring? I mean that is what it's turned into right? Farming the traffic that the author's work brings in for your own profit? Might as well make a full time job out of exploiting and taking advantage of peoples good will and generosity.
06-21-06, 02:49 PM   #8
vjeux
Curse-Gaming Staff

Did you join IGE Network for free?
06-21-06, 02:59 PM   #9
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Leznir, you have absolutely no idea whatsoever what you are talking about. All you are serving to do is to make yourself look like an idiot trying to stir up trouble. I'd suggest you do yourself a favour and stop right now before you make yourself look even worse. Chewing on your foot is one thing, but you've got it stuck so far in your mouth you are up to your hip by now.
06-21-06, 02:59 PM   #10
Rags
A Cyclonian

Dear misguided fellows <glances at Leznir>

OGaming used to be a part of IGE, but is their own company, and has been for a while now.

OGaming bought the site/company, not IGE. As explained in the other threads (please do read them prior to replying to me), those here at WoWInterface have no plans support any IGE ads or business practices.

And poor Cairenn, who really got hosed on the whole deal, sometimes it sucks to be a volunteer admin doesn't it?

Basically, I'm just asking people to look around, do a little bit of research before going off half ****ed.

Thanks.

"I had a stick of Carefree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality." - Mitch Hedberg
06-21-06, 03:05 PM   #11
Gryphon
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Leznir
Farming the traffic that the author's work brings in for your own profit?
Ya know every web community sold to another company is due to it's success built upon it's patrons and those patrons never get a cut, why would WOWI patrons be any different?

How about WoWI charges authors back bandwidth costs?
06-21-06, 03:10 PM   #12
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Rags
And poor Cairenn, who really got hosed on the whole deal, sometimes it sucks to be a volunteer admin doesn't it?
Naw, it's all good. I love what I'm doing, that's why I do it. I love the community. I don't do this for money, I never have. I do it because I love it. /shrug Every community has a bad apple or two. You learn to overlook them because the rest of the community is worth it.
06-21-06, 03:16 PM   #13
Leznir
A Murloc Raider
Ogaming was owned by IGE long, long before this transaction took place, though I appreciate someone taking the initiative to look into what’s going on here without being ignorant of the facts. Furthermore, Ogaming is nothing more than a fictitious name that is something for sites to hide behind in order to not associate themselves directly with the IGE name. It's like some dirty habit that they're ashamed and embarrassed of, and now it's become everyone else's problem as a result of the underhandedness that was so predominant during this deal.

Let me make my feelings perfectly clear, I am not upset that WoWi sold to IGE, but I am very much concerned that the whole 'cloak and dagger' attitude that was adopted when the transaction took place. I would hope that this serves as an example to other webmasters on how to be more concerned with your users and how you're perceived than with your own wallet.

In response to what Cairenn had to say, you seem to be running out of steam on the topic so as opposed to embarrassing the organization even further by pursuing the morality of the issue, I'll let it go.

Ogaming used to be part of IGE but is their own company now and has been for quite some time, which is why you can see Ogaming news on Allakhazam. There is always an option when it comes to sites like this, to make a martyr of the admins is false and nothing short of glorifying someone who was only looking out for their own interests.
06-21-06, 04:47 PM   #14
Curney
A Murloc Raider

Leznir dude, you're not even speaking coherently.

Hosting a web site is not free. It never has been. If you think because you can buy access to the internet that everything else is free? Presenting the words that you see right now on the internet is a cost. It's bandwidth, it's storage, it's hardware, it's overhead, it's a lot of things but it is NOT free. What you get for being a patron to this site has value. You get a place to put your stuff, you get a portal to manage your stuff, you get a feedback system so your fans can tell you when your stuff is broke or give you ideas to make your stuff better. Or as just a user you get an organized assortment of mods that make playing the games you love to play better. That's value. Value in the playing experience. Value in the moding experience. And that's not even factoring the inherent value of networking with other game enthusiasts like yourself via the forums. An incredible value, and they offer it FOR FREE. In short, you've already been paid dude. The stuff you keep going on about isn't any of your business.

Noone who uses this site wants to see something like an IGE-like presence here. Whatever relationship OGaming and IGE has had is relevant only in the concern of unwanted and unwelcome things. I think the admins and others have sufficiently addressed those concerns. And if for some reason down the road things change and the worst happens well that will be a shame and I'm sure the community and this site will fall into ruin. But it makes no sense to sit around fretting about what the future may bring. Hell you might get hit by a bus tomorrow but that doesn't stop you from going out does it?

Vita Infinita

Last edited by Asml8ed : 06-21-06 at 04:51 PM.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » WoWi, so this is what IGE gave you?