09-17-10, 01:46 AM   #1
thefaeriesgirl
A Kobold Labourer
Unhappy Completely unusable in it's current state

So, this is what I have. nUI5 causes spikes in my frame rate to the point where within an hour or so it is completely unusable. What I have noticed is this: it uses memory first starting at about 8MB or so and slowly gathering to about 15 and then it cleans itself up and goes back down to 8 or so. However, as time rolls on that 15 becomes 16, 17, 18 and eventually goes all the way up to 30+MB of memory usage. My frame rate is dropping from 40-50 to 8 for about 2 to 3 seconds (long enough for people to die when I'm healing). I have tried the following:
completely clean install with just nUI5
installing the new alpha version nUI6
checking graphics card drivers
lowering ALL of my graphics settings to their lowest possible setting
Sadly and with much complaint I am going to have to go back to SpartanUI simply because I CANNOT heal with frame rate drops like this.

That being said. I have good news: While testing the alpha I noticed that nUI6 stays very stable at about a 17MB usage wavering very very little. So, I will continue to check for a time when nUI6 becomes stable and can support itself without nUI5 eating my memory in the background. I love the utility and the placement of everything. I did miss the more noticeable status highlighting from nUI5 (and my tracking button completely disappeared off my minimap and did not show up in the little bag which was weird...it was just gone). Other than that, looks great, functions well. Thanks for all the time and effort you continue to put into it and I hope you get a stable nui6 version (without nui5) soon so that I can actually use it!

10-14-10, 12:22 AM   #2
Falconys
A Murloc Raider
A friend of mine had similar issues. 4 attempts in a row on Sindragosa he was dead on the first pull/explosion because he couldn't get his framerates above 5. Once he dug into it we discovered that his Nvidia card was having difficulties rectifying the memory usage of nUI with the outdated driver software for his 3d monitor... the monitor manufacturer has discontinued the software so he can only fight with the mess he had before nUI until v6 is production grade, and pray it works.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » Completely unusable in it's current state