06-17-09, 05:24 AM   #1
Soeters
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Issue with Astrolabe

Hi everyone, I'm trying to use Astrolabe because I need to put icons on both minimap and map. But I'm having some issues with the code (located here), which is mostly the same than TomTom's code. I tried to look at some others mode using Astrolabe but I can't find what's wrong with my code.

I don't see the any icon on the worldmap, I don't know why because I don't get any error.

The other thing is that i can't change the icon color or alpha, I always get the original one, even using SetVertexColor.
06-23-09, 05:35 AM   #2
Soeters
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

No one got an idea ?
07-05-09, 09:25 PM   #3
Tuhljin
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Astrolabe, while certainly an excellent library that I don't want to denigrate at all, only provides some very basic world map icon handling. Basically, it just places an icon you create on the map at whatever X,Y coordinate is appropriate at the time, depending on which map is currently being viewed. It doesn't, however, move that icon or hide it as would be appropriate when you change which map you're viewing.

If you like, you could use the Astronomer library I wrote for my addons ZoneDefense and Intel, which adds some easy "fire-and-forget" functionality on top of Astrolabe (which it requires) to handle automatic adjustment of icon placement, size, visibility, alpha, etc. Please PM me if you decide to do that, as I like to get feedback from others that use my libraries.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Issue with Astrolabe