11-30-16, 10:30 AM   #1
Krissala
A Murloc Raider

map issues

This may have been answered elsewhere but not sure. I am having problems getting the map to show the zone i am in. I have zoomed in and saved the scale but it automatically reverts back to show me all the continents. The mini map does the same thing. I can't get it to stay for the zone I am in. I have tried the options and nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?
11-30-16, 01:38 PM   #2
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Krissala View Post
This may have been answered elsewhere but not sure. I am having problems getting the map to show the zone i am in. I have zoomed in and saved the scale but it automatically reverts back to show me all the continents. The mini map does the same thing. I can't get it to stay for the zone I am in. I have tried the options and nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?
Make sure u right click on minimap and check "Follow You":

then try zoom in on minimap.

Now map zoom should stay in way u like.
11-30-16, 08:49 PM   #3
Krissala
A Murloc Raider

Make sure u right click on minimap and check "Follow You":

I have that checked which is why I didn't understand why it wouldn't work. I have used carbonite for quite a few years and never had this problem before.
12-01-16, 12:37 AM   #4
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

I have that checked which is why I didn't understand why it wouldn't work. I have used carbonite for quite a few years and never had this problem before.
Zoom in on mini map not on maximized map, as i wrote in my previous post.
12-01-16, 07:40 AM   #5
Krissala
A Murloc Raider

Zoom in on mini map not on maximized map, as i wrote in my previous post.

That's what I did. Once I set the mini map then open the big map later it will be zoomed in on big map until I close it then it all goes back to the whole world. For some reason it just won't hold it when zoomed in and set on follow you. No worries I can use the regular map just prefer carbonite. Thank you for your time.
12-02-16, 08:38 AM   #6
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Did you try disabling all addons EXCEPT Carbonite? There might be an addon interfering with the maps functions and this is the only way to find out (it's the only way to find out if an addon is interfering with Carbonite at all).

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
12-02-16, 02:00 PM   #7
Krissala
A Murloc Raider

Unhappy Did you try disabling all addons EXCEPT Carbonite? There might be an addon interferin

I did that just now and it's still not working.
12-02-16, 03:27 PM   #8
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

I did that just now and it's still not working.
Can u record this behavior and put it on youtube?
12-02-16, 05:47 PM   #9
Krissala
A Murloc Raider

Finally got it working right. Not sure what I did other than get frustrated lol. I shut all addons off shut wow down completely came back an hour later and was going to record it and it was working like it should. Started adding addons one at a time and now they are all back on and its working correctly. Not sure what the issue was. Thank you for your time on this issue. I appreciate all the time and effore you guys put into the app and in helping people try to figure out issues.
05-07-17, 05:24 AM   #10
kilon
A Kobold Labourer
Same issue here, its a bug by the way. Zoom in and out acts really crazy. It resets whenever it wants and focus to wherever it wants.

A way to fix this is to go to options -> Carbonite -> Maps and check "Center map when maximising" and no you do not have to maximise the map it works also when you use a small area for it.

I may look at it and try to provide a fix, I am a python developer but lua seems simple enough.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Maps (Main AddOn) » map issues