03-31-10, 04:20 PM   #1
Chmee
A Molten Giant
what frame is this?

I've been fooling around with my ui, trying to make it "better". I've found a couple of problems:

1. I have a small, empty (but with a border) frame on my screen. It's not nUI, and it's not (I"m pretty sure) Carbonite, but I can't identify it. I know it's possible to write a lua script that will identify the damn thing, but I can't find it anywhere, and I don't know enough lua to write it myself. Can anyone help me out?

2. I had somehow reactivated the damn blizzard quest tracking frame, and couldn't figure out how to turn it off, but "/carb resetwin" seems to have done it. Unfortunately I also managed, using nUI movers, to either squeeze the objectives frame (left side of the screen, from top to bottom by default) down to nothing, or move it off the top of the screen. Now I can't see it, and have no idea how to get it back (or even if I want to get it back). Any suggestions? BTW, that is the quest objectives frame, right?

03-31-10, 04:40 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
2. Yes that is the objectives frame. Where Blizzard also keeps track of your frame settings you might want to have a look in the WTF character based file layout-local.txt if you have one. That stores the location of all movable blizzard frames with their locations and sizes. If you find it and the WatchFrame in it try setting the x and y values to 0 to reset it to the center of the screen.

1. Hmm, might need a screenshot for that one as I really don't have a clue what it could be. But the macro I have been using for that stuff is as follows :

/script local frame = GetMouseFocus(); print( frame and frame:GetName() or "no name" );

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

03-31-10, 04:58 PM   #3
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Thanks, Xrystal, that script did it. It's VuhDoBuffWatchMainFrame. Now I have to see if I can figure out how to turn it off.

Hm. Found this in that file:

Frame: WatchFrame
FrameLevel: 1
Anchor: TOPLEFT
X: 0
Y: 0
W: 204
H: 600

Also found:

Frame: NxQuestWatch
X: 12
Y: -100
W: 233
H: 241

I'd thought that might be the carb quest watch frame, but according to the script, that frame has no name. It looks like it is off the screen, though.

03-31-10, 05:07 PM   #4
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
/script local frame = GetMouseFocus(); print( frame and frame:GetName() or "no name" );
Or the one I recently learned in these forums and is much easier to remember....

/framestack

03-31-10, 05:23 PM   #5
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Chmee View Post
Thanks, Xrystal, that script did it. It's VuhDoBuffWatchMainFrame. Now I have to see if I can figure out how to turn it off.

Hm. Found this in that file:

Frame: WatchFrame
X: 0
Y: 0
W: 204
H: 600

Also found:

Frame: NxQuestWatch
X: 12
Y: -100
W: 233
H: 241

I'd thought that might be the carb quest watch frame, but according to the script, that frame has no name. It looks like it is off the screen, though.
From memory of the last look through the carb code Nx is the start of most of their frames. So that is more likely the one you want to sort out.

Characters:

03-31-10, 05:25 PM   #6
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
Or the one I recently learned in these forums and is much easier to remember....

/framestack
Wow that one is good rofl .. I'll probably still forget it though

Characters:

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » what frame is this?