09-14-05, 05:42 AM   #1
Bikther
An Aku'mai Servant

BibMod Problem

Just grabbed the newest Bibmod and found a lil problem.

If your class has functions that change the main ability page (ie druid shapeshift, warrior stance) the icons pictures will remain unchanged, or will change picture but remain with the previous pages actions.

This is a huge problem for these classes, and pretty much makes it broken for us.

The Blizz forums have this fix:

----------
Temporary fix for Bib not showing stance switches :

BibBars overrides the function ChangeActionBarPage(); I've removed this override in BibActionBar.lua in the following way

1) comment out the following block of code

function ChangeActionBarPage
ChangeBibActionBarPage(CURRENT_ACTION_BAR_PAGE);
end

( to comment it out, put a '--' in front of each line .. in my version of bib this is line 17 )

2) search for "ChangeBibActionBarPage();" in the same file ( in my version this is line 224 )

directly after this line, add a line

ChangeActionBarPage();

3) once this is done, log out and in again or type '/console reloadui'. we've tested this for druid, rogue and warrior with multiple stances and it seems to work fine. it does not correct any other BibBar errors that we're experiencing but it has eliminated the biggest playability problem.
----------

I am going to try it now to test and will let you know if it works.

*Edit* This fix does not work on the most recent version of Bibmod as the listed lines do not appear anywhere in the LUA

Please fix this mod asap. The functionality it provides is immense, I can play without my other addons. This one is hard to play without after using for so long, CT_Mods bars are close but dont have the same intuitive functionality of this one.

Last edited by Bikther : 09-14-05 at 05:50 AM.
09-15-05, 03:18 AM   #2
Vel
A Murloc Raider
Bumping this, same issues here, I run a warrior, I simply cannot use Bib without the 1- = buttons turning different depending on your stance.
09-15-05, 04:33 AM   #3
SaberHawke
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by Bikther
Just grabbed the newest Bibmod and found a lil problem.

If your class has functions that change the main ability page (ie druid shapeshift, warrior stance) the icons pictures will remain unchanged, or will change picture but remain with the previous pages actions.

This is a huge problem for these classes, and pretty much makes it broken for us.

The Blizz forums have this fix:

----------
Temporary fix for Bib not showing stance switches :

BibBars overrides the function ChangeActionBarPage(); I've removed this override in BibActionBar.lua in the following way

1) comment out the following block of code

function ChangeActionBarPage
ChangeBibActionBarPage(CURRENT_ACTION_BAR_PAGE);
end

( to comment it out, put a '--' in front of each line .. in my version of bib this is line 17 )

2) search for "ChangeBibActionBarPage();" in the same file ( in my version this is line 224 )

directly after this line, add a line

ChangeActionBarPage();

3) once this is done, log out and in again or type '/console reloadui'. we've tested this for druid, rogue and warrior with multiple stances and it seems to work fine. it does not correct any other BibBar errors that we're experiencing but it has eliminated the biggest playability problem.
----------

I am going to try it now to test and will let you know if it works.

*Edit* This fix does not work on the most recent version of Bibmod as the listed lines do not appear anywhere in the LUA

Please fix this mod asap. The functionality it provides is immense, I can play without my other addons. This one is hard to play without after using for so long, CT_Mods bars are close but dont have the same intuitive functionality of this one.
Try downloading 4.4 then because the word "Change" is not even in that version of BibActionBar.lua. I have a warrior and rogue and have no problems.

Last edited by SaberHawke : 09-15-05 at 04:36 AM.
09-15-05, 05:15 AM   #4
yungchanholla
A Kobold Labourer
I downloaded 4.4

I did try on 4.4, and it doesn't work for either my rogue or my warrior, wondering if someone knows the way to fix this, thanks
09-15-05, 07:41 AM   #5
Jagz03
A Kobold Labourer
having exactly the same problem on my rogue.. cant find any fix respones that work anywhere, but it does seem that not everyone is having this problem...
09-15-05, 01:15 PM   #6
Kablaam
A Murloc Raider
smae probs here, have a mage and a rogue. Have used this AddOn for ages, theres no way I can play without it. Waiting impatiently for a fix...
09-15-05, 01:35 PM   #7
theonegod
A Kobold Labourer
I am having this problem as well. Rogue/warrior
09-15-05, 01:57 PM   #8
Kanishkat
A Kobold Labourer
Download the lua?

Hey, I am having the same problem, and I cant wait for the fix on new version due to the fact that I dont like its looks, so i shall continue to use the older version of it, may you give me a link on where to download the modified lua? or give a more detailed explanation or just give a site where you have the whole modified version posted, so i can just copy and paste?

PS- Try to post the modified version of the thing here in the fourms
09-15-05, 02:00 PM   #9
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Just as an FYI, I've contacted Zweider, letting him know that there is a problem, so hopefully we'll see a fix soon.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
09-15-05, 02:35 PM   #10
Kablaam
A Murloc Raider
Thank you, cant wait for the update.
09-17-05, 04:43 PM   #11
Bigboy
A Murloc Raider
Well, I guess I am a dummy. I started a new post on basically this same topic. I see that it is working for some and not for others. Maybe a fix will be out by the time I get back. Best mod for WoW.
09-28-05, 03:48 PM   #12
vango333
A Kobold Labourer
Talking

I was having this same issue with older versions of bib mod after the most recent patch (1.7). After updating to the newest bib version found on this website, the problem is now fixed.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » BibMod Problem