07-28-11, 04:47 PM   #1
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Macro acting... oddly.

I recently re-started playing my 85 paladin. For convenience, I have an all-in-one equipset/fishing/repentance macro.

Only one problem - if I hold down Alt when I hit the keybind, nothing happens.
If I hold down Alt and left-click the macro, nothing happens.
If I hold down Alt and RIGHT click the macro, then and only then will it change me into my fishing gear.
Shift+keybind works. Ctrl+keybind works. Shift and Ctrl both work with a left-click as well.

It happens on any slot on my actionbars - whether it's bound to 1 or v or even ;. I've bound the alt-<key> combination to an unused action in the Blizzard keybindings, and then cleared it. I've used Domino's hoverbinding to bind that key combination to another actionbarbutton and then removed that binding.

The spell works normally - if I have a fishing pole, it casts fishing. If I don't, it casts Repentance.
Code:
#showtooltip
/cast [nomod, equipped:fishing pole] Fishing; [nomod] Repentance
/equipset [mod:alt] Fishing; [mod:shift] DPS; [mod:ctrl] Tank
Does anybody have any other ideas? This is becoming rather annoying. I use similar macros on every character I have that does Fishing, and this is the only one having this problem.
07-28-11, 05:00 PM   #2
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
There are some known issues with the use of EquipSet in macros, but yours seems to be a different case.

All I can really think of is to make the alt key action do something else, like equipping a different set or casting a spell. See if that works. You could also try creating a new macro entirely that only runs when the alt key is pressed. By doing any of these two things you might be able to find out whether or not this is a driver/hardware issue (rather than a macro issue).
07-28-11, 08:37 PM   #3
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You should check the self-cast, focus-cast setting in interface options.
07-31-11, 11:36 PM   #4
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Thank you, Dridzt... for some reason, on that character alone, Focus-Cast was set to the "Alt" key. I don't know why, I don't know how. I use macros for all focus casting, so not sure how that happened. :>
09-03-11, 04:21 AM   #5
Aanson
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Hey! While we're on the topic of fishing, thought I'd share a macro that I use on all my toons to those who might want to give it a try. You'll need an addon like Macaroon etc that will accomodate large macros though:

To start fishing.

#showtooltip
/run SetTracking(1,true)
/run SetTracking(2,false)
/run SetTracking(3,false)
/equip [noequipped:Fishing Poles] Bone Fishing Pole
/equip [noequipped:Fishing Poles] Weather-Beaten Fishing Hat
/use Weather-Beaten Fishing Hat
/cast Fishing

This really is a one-button fishing solution. It'll remove your mining and herbalism nodes and bring up your fishing nodes instead. It'll then equip your fishing pole and your Weather Beaten hat (if you have one, the game will just ignore that line if you done), then it will use the hat (for the 10 min fishing skill buff) and finally it will start fishing.

Couple of notes on it:
(1) If you don't yet have the ability to see fish nodes, edit out the 'settracking' lines by putting -- before the /. If you don't it will probably do the opposite of what is intended and remove your gathering nodes when you put your pole away!

(2) If you do have the ability to create large macros, it might be worth your wile to add more lines after:

Such as:

/equip [noequipped:Fishing Poles] Strong Fishing Pole
/equip [noequipped:Fishing Poles] Fishing Pole

If you got all the poles in there, you'll be able to use this badboy on all your alts without having to worry about changing lines of the macro because your alt isn't exhalted with the Kalu'ak!

Running out of time now, I'll post the macro that puts the gear back on, but this time I'll spare the chitchat lol .
09-03-11, 04:25 AM   #6
Aanson
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
As promised:

#showtooltip
/run SetTracking(1,false)
/run SetTracking(2,true)
/run SetTracking(3,true)
/equip [equipped:Fishing Poles, btn:1] Elementium-Edged Scalper
/equip [equipped:Fishing Poles, btn:1] Elementium Earthguard
/equip [equipped:Fishing Poles, btn:1] Bloodthirsty Pyrium Helm

Because of the requirement to update this macro every time you get a new helm, weapon, shield or offhand, this one is best used at 85 when gear progression gets much slower.

Happy gaming
09-03-11, 04:50 PM   #7
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Aanson View Post
... edit out the 'settracking' lines by putting -- before the /. ...
The post referred to is a necro post, so I'll get straight to the point.

The comment token for the macro system is the hash (#) character. The double dash (--) is the Lua comment token. Using the incorrect comment token would send the line out in the last chat channel you used, defaulting to /say. In addition, the line is only processed if it's the first line in the macro and starts with either #show or #showtooltip.
09-04-11, 05:58 AM   #8
Aanson
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by SDPhantom View Post
The post referred to is a necro post, so I'll get straight to the point.
I'm not really up on your web speak so I had to look up "Necro post" on wikipedia. It's really simple. I saw a post about this fishing macro near the top of the forums and i replied. Thought I'd give my macro to the community too. I'm not intentionally bumping anything here.

Originally Posted by SDPhantom View Post
The comment token for the macro system is the hash (#) character. The double dash (--) is the Lua comment token. Using the incorrect comment token would send the line out in the last chat channel you used, defaulting to /say. In addition, the line is only processed if it's the first line in the macro and starts with either #show or #showtooltip.
As for this, I'm not a programmer and although I read your words, when I put them together I don't know what point you're trying to make there.

Again, the bottom line is... To edit out macro lines, i use -- and it works for me. It's never caused any problems.

Is it really this hard just to try and be nice in forums?
09-04-11, 06:11 AM   #9
Aanson
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Aanson View Post
To edit out macro lines, i use -- and it works for me. It's never caused any problems.
Apologies. I think an addon i'm using is allowing me to use that to edit out lines.

I understand what you mean now. Ingame macro = # whereas code = --.

So to edit out a line it would be...?

#showtooltip
#/run SetTracking(1,true)

Cheers, and sorry.
09-04-11, 07:38 AM   #10
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Oh, and there are ways to make your "big macro" smaller, Aanson.

A little editing dropped it to under 255 characters, and there are other ways to make it simpler, too.
Code:
#showtooltip
 /run SetTracking(1,true);SetTracking(2,false);SetTracking(3,false)
 /equip [noequipped:Fishing Poles] Weather-Beaten Fishing Hat
 /cast Fishing
That's 248 characters. :>

If you put all of your fishing gear into a Gear Set using the equipment manager, you can use a single line to swap into your Fishing Gear. The macro below assumes you've named the set "Fishing".

Code:
#showtooltip
 /run SetTracking(1,true);SetTracking(2,false);SetTracking(3,false)
 /equipset [noequipped:Fishing Poles] Fishing
 /cast Fishing
178 characters.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Macro Help » Macro acting... oddly.