03-01-09, 11:12 AM   #481
crazyivan
A Murloc Raider
Bronze Drake

I got the bronze drake yesterday. I pulled the button out of the mount tab and put it in my bars and when I click it nothing happens. I have tried moving it to other buttons. The macro for using it looks right. Looks like all my other mount ones. Has anyone else had this problem? Or does someone know how to fix it?

03-02-09, 01:00 AM   #482
Torqi
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by crazyivan View Post
I got the bronze drake yesterday. I pulled the button out of the mount tab and put it in my bars and when I click it nothing happens. I have tried moving it to other buttons. The macro for using it looks right. Looks like all my other mount ones. Has anyone else had this problem? Or does someone know how to fix it?
Yes, remove the first word of the item name in the macro. I believe it was "Mount". It should just say:

/use Bronze Drake

Last edited by Torqi : 03-10-09 at 11:37 PM.

03-02-09, 09:57 AM   #483
crazyivan
A Murloc Raider
Thank you, that worked.

03-10-09, 11:38 PM   #484
Torqi
A Murloc Raider
It's actually supposed to be:

/cast Bronze Drake

I didn't get a chance to check it at the time of my post and have been offline since.. Glad you got it working!

03-13-09, 01:50 AM   #485
Zyamaia
A Murloc Raider
Dazed and confused!!!

Ok I have just tried to figure out how to configure Macaroon to have a stealth bar when my druid is in stealth form. I've fiddled with it NUMEROUS times and can't get the main bar to switch to a stealth bar. Could someone please give me a step by step on how to make a stealth bar. It's probably something I've overlooked, lol well obviously I've overlooked it. But anyways HELP!!!

03-13-09, 10:27 AM   #486
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Zyamaia View Post
Ok I have just tried to figure out how to configure Macaroon to have a stealth bar when my druid is in stealth form. I've fiddled with it NUMEROUS times and can't get the main bar to switch to a stealth bar. Could someone please give me a step by step on how to make a stealth bar. It's probably something I've overlooked, lol well obviously I've overlooked it. But anyways HELP!!!
Are you referring to Shadowmeld stealth or Prowl? If you are trying to make a Prowl bar, you need to enable "Prowl".

If you do not see the Prowl option, I would have to ask which language client do you use?

Twitter: @IonMaul | Windows Live: [email protected] | Google Talk: [email protected]

03-14-09, 11:08 AM   #487
Zyamaia
A Murloc Raider
Still nothing

Ok thanks for your replay Maul, to clarify I'm trying to make the kitty prowl bar. I'm using english. When I try to check the prowl box for the bar nothing happens. The check mark doesn't appear. I'll fiddle with it yet some more. Other than this minor issue, great addon.

LOL btw where do we send ya the coke?

03-15-09, 02:29 PM   #488
Froagh
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by crazyivan View Post
Right click the mac minimap button and click button edit. If you set the button as macro and save it, you will find you can drop the drake onto the button.

I had the same issue.

03-16-09, 05:15 PM   #489
Teaminnovator
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Maul View Post
Are you referring to Shadowmeld stealth or Prowl? If you are trying to make a Prowl bar, you need to enable "Prowl".

If you do not see the Prowl option, I would have to ask which language client do you use?
Maul, you're still alive. Glad to see you around again.

Just a quick question for you. Will you be updating Macaroon for 3.1?
I really hope so because this mod just makes my life so much eaiser.

Thanks for any work you do for us.
-OSDeath

03-17-09, 10:22 PM   #490
Foxxen
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Well I seen that Macaroon got an update today, glad to see you still around Maul, just one problem though. The "Possess" option doesn't work now. It was working fine till this update. I was doing the "Dreaded Spear of Hodir" daily and when I got picked up the bar didn't switch over and I was having to let the drake drop me then set it manually to Possess state. Any ideas what would have caused that change?

03-17-09, 11:24 PM   #491
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

I added a new "Vehicle" state

Possess should now only work during possessions.

Twitter: @IonMaul | Windows Live: [email protected] | Google Talk: [email protected]

03-18-09, 12:23 AM   #492
Moomania
A Kobold Labourer
Great addon, Maul. I've been a bartender user most the time, but I'm coming to really like yours.

I just got OnslaughtUI which uses your addon and I hit a bit of a wall. As a druid I gotta set up different bars for different forms and stuff. Caster form and Bear form was fine, but when I tried to set up my buttons for cat form it wouldn't let me drag and drop. Out of the 12 buttons for my bar I could only place 2 of buttons for cat form. This also happened when I setting up my prowl bar as well. However, I was able to place about 5 of my buttons on that bar.

As far as I can tell I didn't click anything by accident. It has left me puzzled. Thx for any help you can provide.

03-18-09, 10:43 AM   #493
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by Moomania View Post
Great addon, Maul. I've been a bartender user most the time, but I'm coming to really like yours.

I just got OnslaughtUI which uses your addon and I hit a bit of a wall. As a druid I gotta set up different bars for different forms and stuff. Caster form and Bear form was fine, but when I tried to set up my buttons for cat form it wouldn't let me drag and drop. Out of the 12 buttons for my bar I could only place 2 of buttons for cat form. This also happened when I setting up my prowl bar as well. However, I was able to place about 5 of my buttons on that bar.

As far as I can tell I didn't click anything by accident. It has left me puzzled. Thx for any help you can provide.
Check to make sure your buttons are set to either "action id:n" with a number under 121 or set to "macro". If you created buttons for say a pet bar, then removed them, and added them back to another bar, they may be set to the wrong type.

To check alt-click the minimap button.

03-18-09, 05:11 PM   #494
Foxxen
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Awesome Maul! I didn't even notice it, man I must have been dead tired when I logged in to miss seeing that in the option list! Thanks a ton!

03-18-09, 07:20 PM   #495
acapela
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Macaroon and Paladin Mounts?

this is an anal little thing (that has a workaround but that continues to bug me), so i thought i would post it here.

dragging a summoned paladin mount spell from my "mounts" tab results in something odd. i end up with a Macaroon Macro like this:

Code:
/cast Thalassian Warhorse()
this is the name of the summoned NPC, not the name of the castable spell. this results in the correct actionbar button artwork, and the correct tooltip, but casts no spell.

i have no clue what underlying "spellbook lookup" mechanism causes this. similar warlock summoned mount spells do not suffer from this (Macaroon seems to handle those just fine). i reported this generically as a Macaroon defect quite a while ago (though at the time, i did not look at the resulting macro). i expect Maul was already on sabbatical (i.e. not working actively on Macaroon) by then.

i have tried changing the macro to:

Code:
/cast Summon Warhorse()
this results in the correct spell being cast, but then the actionbar button uses the wildcard macro artwork (red "?") and has no tooltip. i have tried changing the macro to:

Code:
#showtooltip Summon Warhorse
/cast Summon Warhorse()
this also results in the correct spell being cast, wildcard macro artwork, and no tooltip.

i have tried changing the macro to:

Code:
#showtooltip Thalassian Warhorse
/cast Summon Warhorse()
this results in the correct spell being cast, and the correct artwork, and a legible/correct tooltip... but the tooltip for the resulting Macaroon actionbar button disappears after about half a second after i mouse over it (and does not re-appear until i mouse off of it and repeat the process).

all of this occurs with Macaroon as the only active addon.

so, i am using a normal WoW macro (configured normally, with wildcard art):

Code:
#showtooltip Summon Warhorse
/cast Summon Warhorse()
i can drop that macro on a Macaroon actionbar, and everything "works" (the correct spell is cast, the button has the correct artwork, the tooltip is correct/functional).

so, i am guessing this is defect of some sort in Macaroon. assuming i want to flog the dead horse, and make Macaroon work in this specific case, can anyone suggest some other workarounds to try?

thanks.
Zippy said it best: "All life is a BLUR of Republicans and Meat!"

03-23-09, 12:41 PM   #496
draculsturm
A Defias Bandit
Help with new vehicle/posession bars - 3.1

I'm having a some difficulty with the new vehicle bar, particularly on the Malygos fight. In phase 2 after killing a melee mob, I jump on a hover disk and fly up to attack the Scions, but with the 3.1 prelease on live, I'm getting my vehicle bar pop up and I'm unable to use my normal abilites to attack. This did not function this way with the previous verson, as a vehicle/possession bar never showed up while on the hover disks.

The second problem I'm having is that when fighting the last boss in Draktheron Keep, at the point were he transforms me into a skeleton, my posession bar shows up but is not populated with the commands.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by draculsturm : 03-23-09 at 02:18 PM.

03-23-09, 01:19 PM   #497
seebs
Premium Member
Premium Member
I've duplicated acapela's probelm with the warhorse, and also the solution to it.

In retrospect, I probably should have just made it an action button and dragged the spell there.

03-27-09, 11:35 AM   #498
Arcadian Del Sol
A Fallenroot Satyr
where are we ?

guys, Some months ago I was forced to switch to Bartender because Macaroon was no longer showing up - the days when all you got as a single bag button and no bars. I tried all the work-arounds people suggested and never could get it back. I had to uninstall it and move on.

Now I see some new activity as I return back to the game: whats the state of Macaroon? Has that issue with it being invisible been resolved?

in essence, is it safe to come back? I have 'settled for' Bartender but really have not liked it.

03-27-09, 12:00 PM   #499
acapela
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by seebs View Post
I've duplicated acapela's probelm with the warhorse, and also the solution to it.

In retrospect, I probably should have just made it an action button and dragged the spell there.
doh! action button! doh! (acapela is smacking his head right now, wondering what planet his brain is on ).

i guess i have just gotten out of the habit of using action mappings (given how many bars and buttons Macaroon can generate, and given that i take extensive advantage of this with my feral Druid, and will take even more extensive advantage of it when the multi-spec feature arrives in WoW 3.1, i run out of action mapping headroom fairly easily). of course, there would be no problem with it for a handful of selected things (like, for instance, summoned mounts). doh!

thanks .
Zippy said it best: "All life is a BLUR of Republicans and Meat!"

Last edited by acapela : 03-27-09 at 12:12 PM.

03-28-09, 04:51 PM   #500
Froagh
A Murloc Raider

OK, so has anyone done a "how to" for the settings? The dialog box below?

Someone showed me how to do a bar that popped up when I equipped a fishing pole (very cool) I dont know how to do customs like that. What to type and why.

Anyway It would be a cool thread that could explain the ins and outs of the dialog box. I know there is soooooooo much that this addon does and I have barely learned it.

Last edited by Froagh : 03-28-09 at 05:07 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Macaroon unofficial thread and docs: Feel the World of Macros!