06-01-07, 01:44 PM   #1
Bahir
A Fallenroot Satyr

Gatherer+Cartographer?

I started using Cart and love it, but discovered most of my guild is using gatherer and we share all our nodes and such.

I found that while the nodes appear on my mini map, they dont show up on my main map.

Is there a way to adjust the settings so that they show? Or is there a Map Addon similar to Cart that is more compatible with gatherer?

Thank you
06-02-07, 06:15 AM   #2
Echarion
A Cyclonian

Cartographer_Herbalism, you can geht it at files.wowace.com
=) you can get databases from Curse
http://wow-en.curse-gaming.com/downloads/details/7444/

06-02-07, 11:47 AM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Echarion
Cartographer_Herbalism, you can geht it at files.wowace.com
=) you can get databases from Curse
They weren't looking for a replacement to Gatherer....
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-02-07, 12:25 PM   #4
Llivavin
A Black Drake
Originally Posted by Bahir
I started using Cart and love it, but discovered most of my guild is using gatherer and we share all our nodes and such.

I found that while the nodes appear on my mini map, they dont show up on my main map.

Is there a way to adjust the settings so that they show? Or is there a Map Addon similar to Cart that is more compatible with gatherer?

Thank you
ask who ever is making the herb/mining/tresure for Cart to make it have an option to communicate with Gatherer ((the database for the cartogropher is amazing and would be nice to instantly send all of those nodes to your guildies ))

that or have them all switch to cart with those mods ((and have them just download the database or have someone that has the database send it over guild chat))
Tell them to get
http://files.wowace.com/
Stand alone libs and any/all cart addons as they wish

06-02-07, 01:07 PM   #5
Echarion
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Bahir

Thank you
They were actually looking for a replacement, at least thats the way i interpret this.

06-02-07, 02:30 PM   #6
Nechckn
Premium Member

Premium Member
Featured
Big map...

Read you question a bit different than the others, so perhaps one of us is correct! =)

Actually items from the Gatherer database should show up on the world map as well as the mini.
Personally just installed one of the ct type mods that allows you to make notes on the map and noticed that the buttons for it covered the Gatherer buttons that allow you to show certain types of nodes and such...
See the gatherer addon page, on this site, and you can see that the nodes are supposed to show up...
Perhaps cart is messing with gatherer or vice versa.

Or...

If you want to bring in nodes from one program to the other, dunno.

Best of Luck,
Nikk

Last edited by Nechckn : 06-02-07 at 02:33 PM.
06-02-07, 03:26 PM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Echarion
They were actually looking for a replacement, at least thats the way i interpret this.
Cart does so much more than create notes for herbs/ore. This was the key word for this part of the request:
is there a Map Addon similar to Cart that is more compatible with gatherer?
Anyway... If your guild insists on sticking with Gatherer, you could use the Cart note import plugin to get the notes from Gatherer on your cart map. Or you could put in a request that they be able to communicate with each other. Here's a link to the Cartographer forums: http://www.wowace.com/forums/index.php?board=54.0 .

As for another map addon... IMO, Cart is the best. But there are others out there. It all depends on what parts of Cart you want. For instance notes/look there's Atlas. There are some mods to add notes to your map, some mods to add coordinates, mobmap will tell you where to find things for quests (I think), there's MetaMap (which marks nodes, too), YAtlas, etc.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-02-07, 06:14 PM   #8
Bahir
A Fallenroot Satyr

Thank you all for your replies.

The Gatherer nodes are not showing up on my Cart. main map (but they are on the mini-map).

I wasn't aware that I could DL the data for nodes for Cart. Thanks for that info. But is there currently a way of having the Gatherer nodes show up on my Cart main map?

In the mean time I'll trying getting the data files. Thanks
06-03-07, 02:58 AM   #9
Echarion
A Cyclonian

There's also CG_Import, which should import map nodes from Gatherer. I've never used it myself so i can't tell you wether it works or not though...

http://www.wowace.com/files/Cartogra...ort-r29390.zip

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Gatherer+Cartographer?