05-27-10, 01:43 AM   #1
contramundi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
looking for 2 addons

Hiya guys and girls from WOWI,

1) I thought that a long while back i saw an addon somewhere that gave you a minimapbutton with your professions in it. But after extensive searching i can't find it anymore.

2) Is there an addon like "Yumiko" (which has been abandoned a long while ago), that automagically switches your tracking to the type of mob your targetting? About 50% of the time (or more) i forget to switch the tracking type on my hunter, and i was wondering if it could be automated somehow.

No 1 i would love to find back, no 2 is just a thing i was wondering about so not really needed
05-27-10, 03:05 AM   #2
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
For the tracking it isn't necessary for improved tracking any more for the damage bonus. Any of the listed types will trigger the bonus. That aside i found this in the class specific section AutoTracking there is a comment on it that claims it fails to work when targeting undead though im not sure how accurate that is.

For the tradeskills you might see if Ara Broker Tradeskills is of any use to you.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
05-27-10, 03:39 AM   #3
contramundi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

The tracking bit was more or less curious because from what i read in the tooltip it was triggered when you would actually track that type of mob.

that ara broker tooltip thing isn't really what i want ^^ i was talking about a button on the minimap that when you click shows you a few more buttons with your professions.

Something like there is for the warlock with the pets and such, and i think there's something similar for the mageportals.

lock: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...monomicon.html
mage (portal and teleport menu function): http://www.wowinterface.com/download...geNuggets.html

I'm actually looking for a minimap button, because i'm using LUI and most of the databroker stuff has its own default spot on the screen, and there isn't really a spot left where it would fit in properly .

Maybe a solution like the databroker addon would be usefull once i know how to setup my own RDX desktop the way i want, but as long as i'm still tinkering with that, and have an ui like lui, its not

Last edited by contramundi : 05-27-10 at 03:43 AM.
05-27-10, 05:30 AM   #4
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by contramundi View Post

I'm actually looking for a minimap button, because i'm using LUI and most of the databroker stuff has its own default spot on the screen, and there isn't really a spot left where it would fit in properly .

Maybe a solution like the databroker addon would be usefull once i know how to setup my own RDX desktop the way i want, but as long as i'm still tinkering with that, and have an ui like lui, its not
Try Fortress. It's very customizable. It breaks the info bar into individual bars for each addon. And all minibars are moveable and sticky. Much better than having a minimap swallowed by buttons.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn
05-27-10, 05:47 AM   #5
contramundi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Firstly, most of my minimap buttons are disabled

secondly, a databroker plugin like fortress, LDB, whatever else there is, LUI3 uses SLDT by default, wich i love as well.

but what i want is:

1 minimap button that when clicked opens up a few other buttons, from wich you can choose wich profession you want to open up. Basicaly the minimap button bag idea but then for professions.

I never mentioned a lot of buttons cluttering my minimap, i was talking about just 1 button, not more, not less.

voodoo, i hope you misread, otherwise i have to re-learn my english
05-27-10, 05:59 AM   #6
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by contramundi View Post
Firstly, most of my minimap buttons are disabled

secondly, a databroker plugin like fortress, LDB, whatever else there is, LUI3 uses SLDT by default, wich i love as well.

but what i want is:

1 minimap button that when clicked opens up a few other buttons, from wich you can choose wich profession you want to open up. Basicaly the minimap button bag idea but then for professions.

I never mentioned a lot of buttons cluttering my minimap, i was talking about just 1 button, not more, not less.

voodoo, i hope you misread, otherwise i have to re-learn my english
Your english is fine! I didn't mean to imply that your minimap was covered with buttons. I just meant that if you're using only minimap button activation for whatever addons, that your minimap can soon get really cluttered. It's just my preferance to use Fortress and keep ALL buttons of my map that way.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn
05-27-10, 06:51 AM   #7
contramundi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

hehe,

yeah, i know what you mean tbh, i have almost no buttons on my minimap. using the one from WIM so i can see at a glance if i got an unanswered whisper, and atlasloot, but thats about it. I don't need any other, but for the professions i would love to get one, and i am sure i've seen an addon that does it, but can't find it back.

Seen it a long time ago and thought, hey that could be usefull but forgot about it untill a few months ago till i saw it again and basically same story, not behind my own comp where wow is installed, and thought, hey i have to download that and completely forgot to do so :P but now i'm getting a bit frustrated, because now i can actually use it, and plan to download it, but i can't find it back.

I thought i had the solution, i made action bar 6 to hide always, put my professions on it, keybind it and voila, but it seems to not really work as i intended because even though i order bartender to use character specific keybindings, most of the time it basically uses the account wide keybindings. Not to mention when switching primary professions, or making a new char, i have to unhide the bar.

but i'm still 150% certain i saw an addon do the minimap button thing i want... if i could just remember what it was named, or a part of the name.
05-27-10, 07:41 AM   #8
Chmee
A Molten Giant
You might take a look at OPie. Nothing to do with minimap buttons, but it'll give you some buttons for your professions. Among many other uses.
05-27-10, 08:02 AM   #9
Enceladus
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I'll second OPie and also offer AutoBar as a suggestion. OPie sounds like it may be the better choice with the description you gave of your UI.
05-27-10, 08:03 AM   #10
contramundi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

actually, i did try out opie in the past several times, but overall didn't quite like the addon.

and autobar, if its the same addon i reckal from using somewhere between end of vanilla and mid tbc, i don't even want that addon installed, way too annoying.

apart from that, i have my screen they way i want, and i don't want any more bars hovering everywhere :P, if i want a bar with my professions on it floating in my screen, i can easily do that with bartender :P

i'm way too bitchy right

i did actually trie out the majority of the addons that would do something like oPie, autobar, etc, but they aren't exactly what i want . I'll just have to get that openRDX stuff in order so i can have a bit more saying on what stuff i use. LUI3 is wonderfull, but most of the stuff is regulated in a .lua and every update overwrites my own edits.

If there's no addon findable that:

1) makes a minimap button
2) scans for wich professions you have and
3) when clicked shows a few buttons with your professions, and when you click on one of those opens up the associated tradeskill window

would it be doable to make a thing like that?

Last edited by contramundi : 05-27-10 at 08:16 AM.
05-27-10, 08:29 AM   #11
OttoDeFe
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Mebbe Aranarth would add LibDBIcon support to his Tradeskills broker - that would generate a minimap button for his plug-in. That'd pretty much cover what you need. Never hurts to ask....
but if there's a war
I just don't know if a Bic will save ya..."

-- Last Offence
05-27-10, 08:34 AM   #12
contramundi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

hehe,

once i get rid of LUI i'm fine with the databroker thingy ^^

but i knew for sure that i've seen an addon with a minimap button and professions: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...nued.html#info

time flies, been about a year since its last update, and still it only feels like a short while ago i saw this one
05-27-10, 03:27 PM   #13
unlimit
Lookin' Good

You can easily add an LDB object to an artframe (Textures, ActionBar, Minimap, etc) in RDX.

I'll create a youtube video for this later tonight for you.

kúdan: im playing pantheon
JRCapablanca: no youre not
** Pantheon has been Banned. **
05-27-10, 04:40 PM   #14
Ihadurca
An Aku'mai Servant

I believe the addon you are thinking of for your first request is Dag Assist. Found here: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...DagAssist.html

It has not been updated in sometime, but last I checked it worked just fine.

Also, if you need more than it offers, you do have the ability to change the lua to add things like the Argent Tabard, food, or anything else you use often and don't want to put on a bar. It's a great addon that I used to use, but when I started using xbar I had no need for it anymore. Hope that helped.

*edit* I see you already found it bah lol sorry for post then.
05-28-10, 01:39 AM   #15
contramundi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

ihadurca, i did already find it, but thanks for your post anyway i had to look through all addons before i found it :P

But at the moment i'm trying out openRDX, its more leightweigt than anything i've seen so far, and the posibilities are endless, its just a hard thing to tackle since most of the guides i could find, only coverd a really small portion.

But as i'm currently not in a guild, and not raiding (pug raids tend to become fail raids on my server) i got plenty of tinker time :P
05-28-10, 03:36 PM   #16
Ihadurca
An Aku'mai Servant

No problem. ^_^ I used to use Dag Assist awhile back so I knew that's what you meant as soon as I read your post. However I don't use it anymore. Now I just use xBar, I find it does all that Dag did but was easier to customize and could do much more. I'll check into the one you mentioned you were using now.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » looking for 2 addons