10-24-09, 07:51 PM   #1
Animorph
A Fallenroot Satyr
range marker

Hi there, the other day i thought of this, not sure if its feasible, or even possible but here it goes.

Some sort of visual range display, i know nUI has the range display in the hud, but i don't find it very useful, i think it would be better if there was some kind of ring on the ground to indicate different ranges (10, 15, etc). It would also be useful for fight like XT deconstructor where you have the range check. In addition you could have an option for this to also radiate from your target, so you could determine for example if 2 mobs are within range of a chain lightning, or 2 or more party/raid members for chain heal or wild growth

Might be a bit hard to drape on the terrain, it might have to work like the halo like things around mobs, but those get kinda hidden with terrain differences or in water...

10-24-09, 08:13 PM   #2
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Unfortunately this is not possible as we cannot modify the 3d world in any way. The best that would be possible although I'm not sure how useful would be using panels with art on them to simulate this effect. Though i would think this would work very poorly.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

10-24-09, 08:16 PM   #3
Animorph
A Fallenroot Satyr
awww too bad. i agree that a panel would not work very well, at most it would be like a minimap with circles. you would have to zoom in very close to get any effect. thanks for the fast answer

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Suggestion Box » range marker