06-19-07, 09:49 AM   #1
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
PitBull

I'm looking for an alternative to DUF, and pitbull seems to be the only one that's really customizable. I want to know if: I can move elements freely, change text font, and change bar fill direction.

Thanks to any on that helps.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
06-19-07, 09:55 AM   #2
Jesamyn
<This Space for Rent>

I know for sure that you can change the fonts, and I'm about 95% positive (without looking) that you can change the bar fill direction as well, though I think it describes it differently.

As far as moving elements, the player frame, target, party, target of target, etc can each be moved independently. However, it does group the party members together in one set of frames. While you can change their direction, you can't split up the party (like half on one side and half on the other, if you were so inclined).
06-19-07, 09:58 AM   #3
Kallieen
Lady of Shadows

Originally Posted by Jesamyn
I know for sure that you can change the fonts, and I'm about 95% positive (without looking) that you can change the bar fill direction as well, though I think it describes it differently.

As far as moving elements, the player frame, target, party, target of target, etc can each be moved independently. However, it does group the party members together in one set of frames. While you can change their direction, you can't split up the party (like half on one side and half on the other, if you were so inclined).

Actually, you can split them. I think it's under the 'grouping' sub-menu - can't login in to check right now, but you want to choose 'Square', which puts the party frames in a 2x2 square, then you can play with the vertical and horizontal spacing until they're set up how you want them to be.
06-19-07, 10:29 AM   #4
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

When I say move elements, I mean move the health and mana bars,portrait,status icon,pvp icon,, etc.. freely

06-19-07, 12:27 PM   #5
Jesamyn
<This Space for Rent>

Originally Posted by Kallieen
Actually, you can split them. I think it's under the 'grouping' sub-menu - can't login in to check right now, but you want to choose 'Square', which puts the party frames in a 2x2 square, then you can play with the vertical and horizontal spacing until they're set up how you want them to be.
Coolies! Thanks for that info.
06-19-07, 01:25 PM   #6
Sajomatic
Deuce Interfaces

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Dreadlorde
When I say move elements, I mean move the health and mana bars,portrait,status icon,pvp icon,, etc.. freely
I only tested Pitbull when it came out for a few weeks, but I don't think it can do what you are specifically want , Dread. Seems like you want to be able to move it independantly like discord.

I believe you would have to make a layout to position the parts and pieces where you want.

But you should have someone to confirm this, because I haven't played with it an a while.

Mah2Cents
06-19-07, 01:31 PM   #7
Siz
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Let me just start by saying that PitBull is amazing. It would be worth trying for a day, at least.

As Sajomatic said, I don't think that you can freely move move each piece within the frame without creating your own layout. I also don't think that the layout customization features are fully documented yet, but it is being improved.

Each module can be enabled and disabled to customize the frame, when one thing is enabled, other parts shrink to make room. The mana bar has a built in 5-second timer, and the energy bar has a built-in ticker.

I can't get answers to your other questions until the servers come back online.
06-19-07, 01:52 PM   #8
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

As of now without trying pitbull, it seems to be the best alternative to DUF. BUT, when I download it from WAU, I get about 20 other pitbull plug ins, do I need these? Like the one to hide the blizzard frames and a health bar( a health bar should be coded into the addon, not made a plug in).

06-19-07, 02:46 PM   #9
Jesamyn
<This Space for Rent>

Well, ck's made Pitbull very modular, which is why it looks like you are getting plugins. That just means that if you don't wanna see the health bar, you can disable it. For example, I have highlighting, threat, spark, and a bunch of other stuff turned off. I know it looks like a ton of addons, but it's really not. While it is huge-mongous as far as customization and folders, it's a fairly slim addon performance-wise (in my experience).
06-19-07, 02:59 PM   #10
Flarin
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Dreadlorde
As of now without trying pitbull, it seems to be the best alternative to DUF. BUT, when I download it from WAU, I get about 20 other pitbull plug ins, do I need these? Like the one to hide the blizzard frames and a health bar( a health bar should be coded into the addon, not made a plug in).
As indicated, these frames are modular. Pick the pieces you want, omit the one's you don't.

I do struggle with understand their advantage, or disadvantage, over ag_unitframes - these mods appear to be mostly identical, with the exception that the ag frames seem to have more pre-configured layouts.

"I will crush and destroy and...ooo...shiny..."

06-19-07, 03:52 PM   #11
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

With its most recent update pitbull does allow you to move quite a bit but its not a drag and drop sort of thing, it has predetermined positions which you can select. While not as elaborate as DUF its rather comprehensive in its own right. Its worth a try at the very least

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
06-19-07, 04:35 PM   #12
RogueShadow
A Fallenroot Satyr
There is prabably a way to move things around, prabably not as much as DUF, but it's worth trying I think. I am using it at the moment. And if you are trying it and encounter something that should be different, I would just goto the ace irc channel and tell him.
06-19-07, 04:46 PM   #13
Jesamyn
<This Space for Rent>

Originally Posted by Flarin
I do struggle with understand their advantage, or disadvantage, over ag_unitframes - these mods appear to be mostly identical, with the exception that the ag frames seem to have more pre-configured layouts.
I think it's just personal preference. I tried them initially because they were new, and the 3d portraits in aguf annoyed me. I didn't want to disable them because I like portraits, just not 3d ones. I haven't had any real reason to go back.
06-19-07, 07:58 PM   #14
WeeBaby
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

I tried Pitbull and loved it except for 1 thing, as stupid as it sounds, I like having the little sad/happy face for my hunters pet, lol. I didn't seem to find an option for that, if someone can point me in the right direction I will gladly go back! Also, wiil it work with CyCircled? Always wanted to try the fancy circles

06-20-07, 02:34 AM   #15
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Cycircled works action bars only so far as i know. I have yet to see one that it didnt work with.
thats being said it does add a nice element to the action bars i especially like being able to tweake the colors to suit my tastes.

They dont conflict with each other incase that was what you were asking.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » PitBull