06-20-06, 05:10 PM   #1
ddftrick
A Defias Bandit
1.11 Skin Editing, HELP!

Well I was currently halfway done filming an hour and a half WoW movie when 1.11 came out and possibly killed the entire project. I had skin edited all my characters clothing to give them custom costumes but now the customing doesn't work anymore. Has anyone figured out how to edit skins in 1.11 yet? If I can't get those costumes back the movie is dead and almost a year of work is down the tube.

(sorry for double post, wrong forum first time)
06-20-06, 05:24 PM   #2
Logdan
A Black Drake
You don't. Sorry that your work is lost.
06-20-06, 07:08 PM   #3
Iriel
Super Moderator
WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
If you've invested that much time into the project then I would recommend the least you could do is try and at least get Blizzard to notice your project, maybe they'd enable re-skinning on the PTR or something similar, who knows?
06-20-06, 07:12 PM   #4
momo1
A Murloc Raider
reinstall it

U can always download the patch by itself from some DL site... That way u can continue ur work on a private server on previous patch. Other than that it doesnt look good..
soz

gl!
06-21-06, 04:01 PM   #5
Iriel
Super Moderator
WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by momo1
U can always download the patch by itself from some DL site... That way u can continue ur work on a private server on previous patch. Other than that it doesnt look good..
soz

gl!
Use of private servers is unambiguously a violation of the updated EULA, and grounds to have your account terminated permanently.
06-21-06, 04:14 PM   #6
Gnarfoz
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Iriel
Use of private servers is unambiguously a violation of the updated EULA, and grounds to have your account terminated permanently.
How would Blizzard know, though?
06-21-06, 05:39 PM   #7
BlackPhoenyx
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Gnarfoz
How would Blizzard know, though?
*Whispers* Because... Blizzard knows /everything/.....
06-21-06, 09:36 PM   #8
Kevlar
A Kobold Labourer
at your own rish, you could use winmpq to replace the files directly. dunno if it works but its possible it may.
06-21-06, 09:40 PM   #9
Logdan
A Black Drake
Originally Posted by Kevlar
at your own rish, you could use winmpq to replace the files directly. dunno if it works but its possible it may.
I'm pretty sure there is something in place to prevent this. Some form of CRC check done by the client.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » 1.11 Skin Editing, HELP!