11-07-07, 09:27 PM   #1
Kywin
A Fallenroot Satyr

Mazzle's HUD as a standalone?

I would like to, if it's possible, find a way to extract and use JUST the HUD. It is by far the most involved and feature rich HUD's that I've ever used. Any advice would be appreciated. I love the mazzle UI HUD, but due to connections speeds, I have to trim down on my UI alot, but the HUD I just can't part with!
11-07-07, 09:49 PM   #2
Flarin
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Nope- its hard coded into the mod. There are several topics discussing this - search FTW.

"I will crush and destroy and...ooo...shiny..."

11-07-07, 11:00 PM   #3
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Kywin
It is by far the most involved and feature rich HUD's that I've ever used.
You must be talking about another HUD. I think nearly every stand-alone HUD is more involved and feature-rich than the one built in to the MazzleUI. Mine was very much intended to be simple and light-weight.
11-08-07, 06:43 AM   #4
rasoft2000
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz

You must be talking about another HUD. I think nearly every stand-alone HUD is more involved and feature-rich than the one built in to the MazzleUI. Mine was very much intended to be simple and light-weight.
As "simple" and light-weight you call your HUD I love it and hate to play with others HUD dunno why :P
11-08-07, 02:18 PM   #5
Danior
An Aku'mai Servant
Love the HUD

I also prefer the Mazzle HUD to any of the other's out there...probably because it is more light weight. I know there are a number of Mazzle users out there that are a bit anxious about how the new patch is going to effect the UI. Has there ever been any consideration to stripping mazzle down to the artwork, frames and HUD?

I know this really detracts from what Mazzle truely is, but I would realy like to be able to keep the look and feel of the UI and simply update the other addons should this become necessary in the future.

D-
11-08-07, 03:39 PM   #6
rasoft2000
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Danior
I also prefer the Mazzle HUD to any of the other's out there...probably because it is more light weight. I know there are a number of Mazzle users out there that are a bit anxious about how the new patch is going to effect the UI. Has there ever been any consideration to stripping mazzle down to the artwork, frames and HUD?

I know this really detracts from what Mazzle truely is, but I would realy like to be able to keep the look and feel of the UI and simply update the other addons should this become necessary in the future.

D-
I have been playing with mazzle's ui for months now, when the last patch came and the ui had problems again I felt like it was time to go back to the game default UI but after 5 mins of play I felt like I was playing without my hands :P so I decided to make my own UI and use Mazzle as inspiration and made almost the same ui using the artworks from 123noob as a base cause as you I wanted to have the same feeling as I had when I played with mazzle's ui so after a couple of test I got mine running smoothly tho I really hate to play without mazzles models and his HUD

Anyways Mazzle can really feel happy he made us play wow with a neat UI, everything organized and helped, at least me, to be a better wow player. THANKS MAZZ!
11-08-07, 03:41 PM   #7
Galinn
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
ow plz dont blame anything on him... its not that he had 2 make this UI its not his job u know, be gratefull that he did it!!
11-08-07, 03:44 PM   #8
rasoft2000
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Smile

Originally Posted by Galinn
ow plz dont blame anything on him... its not that he had 2 make this UI its not his job u know, be gratefull that he did it!!
Err... maybe I expresed myself badly cause english isnt my first language, I just say I thank him for helping us playing better nothing more
11-08-07, 04:29 PM   #9
ganders
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
I, for one, like the simplicity of the Mazzle HUD. All the other HUDs are too spammy and show information I don't want/need/care about. If it's possible to extract the HUD (or the Context Menu ) I would do it in a heartbeat.
11-08-07, 09:44 PM   #10
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by ganders
(or the Context Menu )
Geist here on WoWI.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

11-09-07, 02:37 AM   #11
Kywin
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz

Perhaps my original statement was not clear: I prefer the mazzle HUD as it has more EFFICIENT and FULLY FUNCTIONAL features. Many of the other HUDs out there, as stated by another poster, give too much of what's not needed, or too little of what is. Tis a pity to see it hasn't been done...that doesn't mean it CAN'T be done right? If only I was inclined towards the required code...
11-09-07, 06:31 PM   #12
ganders
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Seerah
Geist here on WoWI.
Ok I tried this and either I got a buggy version...or it just sucks. Because the menu only stays open when I'm holding the key binding down, and then clicking any of the icons that are on there just doesn't do anything at all. Also I can't put any other spells/items/macros etc. on there.
11-09-07, 07:02 PM   #13
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Geist works perfectly fine, but yes - you do need to hold a key for it. I bound it to G (for Geist - cause I have a bad memory like that ) It uses action ids, so the spells you see there already were already in those spots. To put new things there, hold your Geist key down and put something there like any other action bar. If you want/need to change the ids associated to the Geist buttons (or change the number of buttons it uses) type /geist
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Mazzle's HUD as a standalone?