12-31-12, 01:36 PM   #1
Mayron
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
MayronUI Gen3

EDIT: Do not post here! Either leave a question in the comments section on the UI's Official Download page on WoWInterface here: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ronUIGen4.html or send me a private message!

I no longer check this thread!

Hi everyone, I thought I would update this post to show the new changes I have been working on in a new YouTube video for MayronUI Gen3!

The video also shows my UI in general use so let me know what you think!

http://youtu.be/kHeD1CFC_SM

It is also now available for Downloading!

Last edited by Mayron : 05-09-15 at 09:47 AM.
12-31-12, 04:23 PM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

The nameplates don't really match... maybe you could square off the corners and tone down the bright white border?
01-01-13, 05:06 AM   #3
Mayron
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
The nameplates don't really match... maybe you could square off the corners and tone down the bright white border?
Thanks for the advice but I just use Tidy Plates so its not my own addon. Its not very customizable but has some very good features to it which is why I use it.
01-01-13, 12:31 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Have you tried any of the other skins for Tidy Plates?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-01-13, 04:04 PM   #5
Mayron
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Have you tried any of the other skins for Tidy Plates?
Yes a few and I liked the one I am using the best. Never really thought it looked ugly :/

My favourite looking name plates addon is Aloft but I like the features that Tidy Plates use too much which is a real shame.
01-01-13, 06:11 PM   #6
Phanx
Cat.

Aloft has approximately 54,645,121,354,687,465,417,980 features, and every one of them is customizable to the nth degree. I find it hard to believe there's any nameplate effect you can't replicate with it.
01-01-13, 07:26 PM   #7
Unkn
Premium Member

Have you tried making your own skin for Tidy Plates? You seem to be pretty good at customization. You could probablly make something that fits a bit better for you pretty easily.
01-02-13, 07:36 AM   #8
Mayron
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Unkn View Post
Have you tried making your own skin for Tidy Plates? You seem to be pretty good at customization. You could probablly make something that fits a bit better for you pretty easily.
Thank you all for the advice however I do not know where I would begin with this. The feature I like with Aloft is to be able to place icons of Dots over the name plates like Tidy Plates does. I had no idea you could add more features to Aloft as I have had a look at the plugins you can additionally load with the addon but couldn't find that one.

I know some very basic lua scripts but that is all. To make an entirely new skin for Tidy Plates seems very advanced for me which is unfortunate as it definitely sounds interesting but right now it seems far too hard for me to be able to do.
01-02-13, 08:45 AM   #9
Unkn
Premium Member

What you could do is just make the skin artwork match your UI on the layout you are already using. That way it works how you like and matches.

Aloft might be the answer though, if you want to take the time to set it up exactly how you want. I know its great at customization since there are so many options with it.

However you go about it, keep going. Your UI looks great and I love using it on my alt. I don't remember last time I used something aside from my own setup. I just couldn't resist trying your setup out.
01-13-13, 02:49 PM   #10
Mayron
A Frostmaul Preserver

Just been trying out Tidy Plates again with the Threat Plates plugin installed as mine only had Nero which is not very customisable. I have made this:

Does that look better or worse? I would have personally liked if I could change the actual health bars width and height but Threat Plates does not have that option.
01-13-13, 03:27 PM   #11
Unkn
Premium Member

Ohhh those match way better.
01-23-13, 07:12 PM   #12
Mayron
A Frostmaul Preserver

Just updated my UI and added the Threat Plates in. I have also created a much better Setup addon for it that I think really supports the style of the UI much better:

Really happy with the final result. So much better
01-30-13, 12:52 AM   #13
raymondycw
A Defias Bandit
hi.. i need more action bars so i added Bar 5 from Bartender. But i found that when i put in the skill in Bar 1, the same skill appear in bar 5 too.

May i know how to adjust that?

THanks
01-31-13, 06:40 AM   #14
Mayron
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by raymondycw View Post
hi.. i need more action bars so i added Bar 5 from Bartender. But i found that when i put in the skill in Bar 1, the same skill appear in bar 5 too.

May i know how to adjust that?

THanks
Yes this can be fixed, it depends upon what your class is because on a Monk the "Stance of the Wise Serpent" will be assigned to bar 5 for example. So depending on what stance is assigned to what bar, you need to change this. Go into "/bar" options and click on Bar 1 in the Bars list. Go onto the tab called State Configuration and you will see that Bar 5 is being used in one of the States. Either disable it or change it to another bar.
01-31-13, 07:45 PM   #15
raymondycw
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Mayron View Post
Yes this can be fixed, it depends upon what your class is because on a Monk the "Stance of the Wise Serpent" will be assigned to bar 5 for example. So depending on what stance is assigned to what bar, you need to change this. Go into "/bar" options and click on Bar 1 in the Bars list. Go onto the tab called State Configuration and you will see that Bar 5 is being used in one of the States. Either disable it or change it to another bar.
ya.. im a monk and im on dps/heals spec... so whats the bar for WW?

during i set the bar 5 im on serpent stance... ill give it a try.. anything ill come back to u again...

thx for the guides...
02-06-13, 02:02 PM   #16
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
I was inspired by your UI having the chatframes on top and decided to come up with an addon: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...mePrepend.html
02-24-13, 07:47 PM   #17
raymondycw
A Defias Bandit
Hi.. i had ask bout this question 2 times at the addon comment area but i dont get any reply... Maybe someone had ask bout it..

Where can i find the Role check n ready check button for your UI?

Would appreaciate that if i can get a reply thx.. coz i had been looking for this for few days d..

Thanks
03-09-13, 10:53 AM   #18
Platstreepje
A Kobold Labourer
Hi,

Really nice UI as far as i can see.
I only had one question. When i follow the install guide. Backup my old WTF and interface folders.
extract the zip file and change the account name in the WTF folder. But when i start my WoW and want to login it comes with a battle.net error #107.

If i copy back my backup it login with no errors.

Does someone know how i can fix this?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT:

Found the solution. Had to do with the config.wtf the standard one with the UI had no Locale defined.
After copy all the lines from the original one it worked.

Last edited by Platstreepje : 03-09-13 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Fixed
11-15-13, 07:06 AM   #19
Mayron
A Frostmaul Preserver

I've just updated this thread to show the new changes coming in my new update (MayronUI Gen2 - v3.0)

Here is the video demonstrating my UI in general and showing the new changes. Hope you guys like it!:

http://youtu.be/kHeD1CFC_SM
This video is not available for download yet but will be soon!

Last edited by Mayron : 11-15-13 at 07:11 AM.
11-16-13, 05:56 AM   #20
Marcel1887
A Kobold Labourer
Cant wait for it, looks great so far!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released Compilations » MayronUI Gen2