10-14-12, 02:10 AM   #1
Ither
A Firelord

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Transmog-beautification

It's late, I'm bored -- dailies are done, JP/VP capped, nothing to do.

Left is my tanking (Turalyon's) transmog set and right is my healing (Judgement) transmog set.
10-14-12, 11:48 AM   #2
Steeveholt
A Murloc Raider
The only transmog I have now on my paladin is the PvP Holy chest transmog'd to look like the Ret version (the robes) because I hate pants and I don't have any tabard that looks good with it. I need to get Tier 2 though, it looks amazing.
10-14-12, 11:49 AM   #3
Ither
A Firelord

Tier 2 is my favorite for my holy set.

It took me about 3 months to farm the dang thing--lonng time.

My protection set is complete except I need the belt from TOC10; still farming that. It's easy now, two of my DPS buddies and I solo TOC10 to the end.
10-14-12, 12:05 PM   #4
karmamuscle
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Nice, I use the T6 shoulders with T2. Except the head.What shield is that on your healing set?

Last edited by karmamuscle : 10-14-12 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Specification
10-14-12, 12:25 PM   #5
Ither
A Firelord

Originally Posted by ckramme View Post
Nice, I use the T6 shoulders with T2. Except the head.What shield is that on your healing set?
http://www.wowhead.com/item=43085
10-15-12, 10:21 AM   #6
Kendian
A Molten Giant

I'm addicted to transmog, it's actually what brought me back to the game, and all that I DID in game, til panda-land launched. I like that you went with crest of lordaeron instead of the bulwark of azzinoth. That thing (bulwark) is like a pestilence on my server (azuremyst) I see it everywhere. If I could figure out how to show you my mogs like that I would, I drive my guild crazy talking about it, lol~

TL;DR
Style counts, baby~

Last edited by Kendian : 10-15-12 at 10:24 AM.
10-15-12, 11:01 AM   #7
Ither
A Firelord

Originally Posted by Kendian View Post
I'm addicted to transmog, it's actually what brought me back to the game, and all that I DID in game, til panda-land launched. I like that you went with crest of lordaeron instead of the bulwark of azzinoth. That thing (bulwark) is like a pestilence on my server (azuremyst) I see it everywhere. If I could figure out how to show you my mogs like that I would, I drive my guild crazy talking about it, lol~

TL;DR
Style counts, baby~
LOL; yeah that Bulwark is ugly.

I use WOW Model Viewer for the images; lets me extract them for Photoshop or loading into 3DS Max (been playing around with some modeling here and there.)
10-15-12, 05:13 PM   #8
Digital_Utopia
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by TheGeek View Post
LOL; yeah that Bulwark is ugly.

I use WOW Model Viewer for the images; lets me extract them for Photoshop or loading into 3DS Max (been playing around with some modeling here and there.)
Yeah, I've played with that a bit myself - I wish WMV was a little better with exporting to FBX, so that I could get all the pieces, with the rigging. But, with a little bit of work, I managed to get it close enough

Since that render, my Rogue traded in the Bombadier's Blades for Heartrazor - with the exception of an all too brief period of time, where he was "stuck" with the unmoggable Fangs. Also - there was a brief period of time where he traded in his Opportunist's set for T1 - complete with the two daggers that drop in MC. I refuse to wear T2 or T5 - as those are just plain overdone - besides, I like the low-key/realistic look of Opportunist's too much.
10-15-12, 05:58 PM   #9
Ither
A Firelord

Originally Posted by Digital_Utopia View Post
Yeah, I've played with that a bit myself - I wish WMV was a little better with exporting to FBX, so that I could get all the pieces, with the rigging. But, with a little bit of work, I managed to get it close enough

Since that render, my Rogue traded in the Bombadier's Blades for Heartrazor - with the exception of an all too brief period of time, where he was "stuck" with the unmoggable Fangs. Also - there was a brief period of time where he traded in his Opportunist's set for T1 - complete with the two daggers that drop in MC. I refuse to wear T2 or T5 - as those are just plain overdone - besides, I like the low-key/realistic look of Opportunist's too much.
That looks amazing!

Checkout Topaz Labs, they have some really great filters that help clean up the textures--I use them from time to time when I want a more cartoon look.

I like the shot; I wanted to do something similar when I had multiple toons; now I only have my one Paladin.

As for rigging--it would be awesome if we could, but like you said after a little work it's not difficult.

I am working on a little video; nothing big, just a little Public Service Announcement--it's been about a year long project, might be done with it this year.
10-15-12, 07:12 PM   #10
Digital_Utopia
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by TheGeek View Post
That looks amazing!

Checkout Topaz Labs, they have some really great filters that help clean up the textures--I use them from time to time when I want a more cartoon look.

I like the shot; I wanted to do something similar when I had multiple toons; now I only have my one Paladin.

As for rigging--it would be awesome if we could, but like you said after a little work it's not difficult.

I am working on a little video; nothing big, just a little Public Service Announcement--it's been about a year long project, might be done with it this year.
Thanks!

Believe it or not - the textures came out pretty well, although I did have to adjust the normals on the lower half of my priest's robe. Most of the trouble came down to attaching (and scaling) the shoulders, helms, and weapons - as the existing FBX exporter doesn't export those "separate" pieces.

Eventually I'd like to take some time to read up more on the m2 and wmo formats - and try my hand at making a viewer. I know there's quite a few different versions - including an m2 import script for 3ds max, but nothing seemless or accurate enough to really work with.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » General WoW Chat » Transmog-beautification