01-19-06, 08:53 AM   #21
Hellslayer
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hmm this mod needs a mob database, so you can save the camera adjusting for every mob.
01-19-06, 10:49 AM   #22
RobTheBob
A Defias Bandit
The bugfixes you have made really make this great great mod usable now! Now I am just waiting for the fixed cameras option. I know that it wont make the mod as versatile but until you can figure out the scaling issues I think fixed cameras is the way to go. And if you are doing an options frame anyway it would be great to have a lock button that locks everything in place. When locked it would be even greater if the mouse functioned normaly when over the models (you understand what I mean with function normally?)

Anyway, great work!
01-19-06, 11:59 AM   #23
aceracer24
A Theradrim Guardian
So am I the only one having the target model problem? With the latest version the target model is gone. As i said the box is there but no model. No matter how I move the cam around I can't find it. I've put the 9.22b back on and model is there again. Deleing saved variables seems to not help either. Is there a way to snap back the default model?
01-19-06, 12:19 PM   #24
Xageroth
An Aku'mai Servant
Sometimes when I "/console reloadui" or first log in, models are gone, but after a minute or two they appear when I change targets around and such. So maybe that is the problem you're having.

If you use the latest update, and delete your
"WTF/Account/(Account_Name)/(Server_Name)/(Character_Name)/SavedVariables/ZuxanaModelCitizen.lua"
everything should work fine.
01-19-06, 12:22 PM   #25
aceracer24
A Theradrim Guardian
I considered the problem that it might have just needed time to update but it didn't help after 30 min I also tried reloading UI but again didn't work. Is your mod saving under character name instead of in the global savedvariables folder? If so then maybe thats the problem and i didn't delete the right save file. I'll test when i get home.

EDIT: btw, have you gotten around to making a target of target model yet? Obviously you ahve other things your trying to get fixed so it's not a big deal but was just curious. Thanks!

Last edited by aceracer24 : 01-19-06 at 12:24 PM.
01-19-06, 12:32 PM   #26
Xageroth
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by RobTheBob
The bugfixes you have made really make this great great mod usable now! Now I am just waiting for the fixed cameras option.
Thanks! The camera issues really only effect the target camera. I've had my player and party models zoomed in to waist up and they've worked out great. Personally, I like messing around with the target model before I charge in. Yesterday I targetted one of the dragons in Tanaris and had a good look at Blizzards great art before I charged in and slaughtered it. >

(you understand what I mean with function normally?)
Yes, I do. If you don't want to wait for that, take out lines 132 through 135 in ZuxanaModelCitizen.lua. Each of the ModelCitizen_CursorControl_SetButton function is what makes the bounding box mouse enabled.
01-20-06, 02:04 AM   #27
Xageroth
An Aku'mai Servant
Just giving a heads up, playing several hours today I noticed some general quirkiness with the cameras. Models disappearing momentarily, models zooming in far past the camera, etc.

It's difficult nailing some of these issues down so if you're experiencing them know that you're not going crazy. It's not just you.

With that said I think these issues are infrequent enough to begin working towards a 1.0 release. Here is what I have planned for a 1.0 release:

Configuration Menu which will:
  • Allow adding/removing cameras.
  • Changing the unit type (player, target, pet)
  • Changing the mouse bindings (or unbinding the mouse completely for click-thru)
  • Force refresh or reset a camera.
  • Set a camera to be fixed rather than free-movement.

Profile Management which will:
  • Let you save all bounding boxes to an account-wide profile
  • Copy settings from one character to another
  • Save camera settings and share them across multiple bounding boxes

As anyone who has looked at the code can tell, much of that is already in place it's just being hacked out at the moment.

I am toying with the idea of having a seperate add-on which will catalogue your camera settings for each model. This way those who have the memory to devote towards such a thing can have the mod remember their camera settings for each model, while those that don't care for that level of detail can disable the secondary add-on and it will function as it has. I'm not commited to this idea yet, tho. I'll revisit it at some point.
01-20-06, 05:37 AM   #28
Hellslayer
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Very nice i love this mod!
01-20-06, 09:08 AM   #29
aceracer24
A Theradrim Guardian
Originally Posted by Xageroth
Just giving a heads up, playing several hours today I noticed some general quirkiness with the cameras. Models disappearing momentarily, models zooming in far past the camera, etc.

Yes, I am having that problem but figured it was mostly because of the older b release. I still can't get the .3 release to work because the model is either not there or out of range. I've tried everything but gave up until you made some more changes. Great mod though all teh same and looking forward to the menu. TOTALLY love the idea of the seperate addon to save per model settings. That would be fantastic.
01-20-06, 05:46 PM   #30
waxpants
A Defias Bandit
I've switched to Zuxana's portraits from Neebler's just recently and I got to thinking about the problem Zuxnana's has with different size models in the target frame.

Neebler's does not have this problem (though it has a host of it's own) and i was thinking the answer might lie in the code that Neebler uses. I haven't looked at it of course, because I don't understand such things but Neebler's always gives you a nice insert of the head and shoulders of the target no matter what size it is.

Maybe it's because Neebler somehow targets the face of the model instead of the overall midpoint of the model. If you were able to do that it would solve the model size problem, at least for those who just want to use a head and shoulders type insert for their target frames.

Anyways, I'm enjoying your mod Xageroth. Keep up the great work!
01-20-06, 10:19 PM   #31
Xageroth
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by waxpants
I've switched to Zuxana's portraits from Neebler's just recently and I got to thinking about the problem Zuxnana's has with different size models in the target frame.

Neebler's does not have this problem (though it has a host of it's own) and i was thinking the answer might lie in the code that Neebler uses. I haven't looked at it of course, because I don't understand such things but Neebler's always gives you a nice insert of the head and shoulders of the target no matter what size it is.

Maybe it's because Neebler somehow targets the face of the model instead of the overall midpoint of the model. If you were able to do that it would solve the model size problem, at least for those who just want to use a head and shoulders type insert for their target frames.

You are describing the fixed camera code which the WoW API provides. The plus side is that it is more reliable (except for some models such as boss mobs). The negative is that you can not manipulate the model as you can with this mod.

As I mentioned, fixed camera positioning will be available as an option later down the road.
01-21-06, 04:00 AM   #32
Hellslayer
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by waxpants

neebler use a pre saved camera option so you cant have other camera positions, this pre saved camera dont works with all units.
01-21-06, 08:30 AM   #33
RobTheBob
A Defias Bandit
Neebler is using fixed camera angles, it doesn't allow you to change the zoom, angle or position of the camera. He is using camera angle 0 (looks like this in the code myModelFrame_Model:SetCamera(0)).

Xageroth, really looking forward to the 1.0 release. If I would like to set a fixed angle for the target model already now where in the code shouls I stick the :SetCamera(0) call?

Edit: Haha, 3 people answer Waxpants question all at the same time
01-21-06, 11:32 AM   #34
Xageroth
An Aku'mai Servant
If I would like to set a fixed angle for the target model already now where in the code shouls I stick the :SetCamera(0) call?
When I tested SetCamera it seemed that once it was called on a Model frame, not even a ClearModel() would unset the camera. So it probably doesn't matter where you put it, but I would suggest Avatar.lua line 14:

Replace: ModelCitizen_Settings_RefreshCamera(avatar);
With: avatar:SetCamera(0);

By the way, it looks like after the next WoW patch Model Citizen can be made to have unlimited cameras. So if you want 50 or 60 copies of yourself from every angle, I guess that's useful. :P
01-23-06, 01:03 PM   #35
aceracer24
A Theradrim Guardian
Any new progress on this X? FOund a way yet to solve the target won't save problem?
01-23-06, 10:10 PM   #36
juno
A Murloc Raider
It seems that the models are flickering sometimes. Anyone know why? Anyone else have this problem?
01-24-06, 12:38 AM   #37
Arlan
A Defias Bandit
Great mod!

One request: Target of Target Model

Thanks!
01-24-06, 11:20 AM   #38
aceracer24
A Theradrim Guardian
Originally Posted by juno
It seems that the models are flickering sometimes. Anyone know why? Anyone else have this problem?
Yes i get this sometimes. A bit annoying but not breaking.
01-24-06, 02:57 PM   #39
juno
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by aceracer24
Yes i get this sometimes. A bit annoying but not breaking.
It only happens in combat. Probably has something to do with updating though it seems random timewise.
01-25-06, 02:14 AM   #40
Xageroth
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by aceracer24
Any new progress on this X? FOund a way yet to solve the target won't save problem?
Been busy getting to 60 for the first time. (yay!!) =)
I've been patient with plans for the mod because when I work on it next I want to hammer out some major improvements. It works well enough for now, tho, right? No major issues?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Zuxana's Model Citizen