01-05-06, 01:09 PM   #1
Marleena
A Murloc Raider
Discord Lite

Hi ! I am very thankful that the Discord mods exist, and ive used them ever since i first found them!

What im constantly annoyed by is the INSANE amounts of selections you ALWAYS include in EVERY mod you create, just to move my "CastingBar" i have to do 6 different things.

What i would love, is for you to release a "Lite" version of your addons, for us that arent elite haxors that like to input numbers in 6 categories to make one thing work ;(

I like the simplicity of other addons and i love the result i get from your addons, but i mean, in discordbars all i do is put the buttons into the different bars, connect them to eachother, put vertical and horizontal spacing, and hide the buttons that are not used, and to do this i spent over an hour, trying to figure out all the new thingies and stuffies that is on "Bar1" tab, i mean there's a hundred options that i have NO idea how to operate, im afraid to even touch some of the stuff in your mods, and i have no count of how many times ive had to delete and reinstall your mods just because i accidently pressed the wrong button.

I love your Bars but i hate the complicity of it, especially when i cant even come up with a reason to use it, in any situation.

In Discord Frame Mover i was only going to move the map and the casting bar, and i seriously used over an hour to figure it out, i wished it was just like a.... "Casterbar Move" X that i could mark and just move the bar to where i wanted it, to then release it again, same for the map, i loved the simplicity of MoveAnything, and i have confidence in your products!

Pleaaaaasse make easier versions of your mods, with less things that only one in a thousand find useful =)

<3 to you !
01-05-06, 01:21 PM   #2
guice
A Cobalt Mageweaver
just to move my "CastingBar" i have to do 6 different things.
I know, another option in his already bazillion options, but this is where frame attachment come into play. You link 5 of them 6 different things to 1 and then just move that 1.
01-05-06, 01:27 PM   #3
Marleena
A Murloc Raider
ammagad how
01-05-06, 01:37 PM   #4
guice
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Unfortunately, I can't tell you in detail as I'm not at a PC with WoW nor will I be at one until later this evening.

But it if you look for "Attach to Frame" or something of that nature, it'll give you a dropdown list of frames you can attack said element to. "Attach point" is where to "attach" from on the current object you're dealing with "Attach to" (or something like that) is there to attach the object to. IE: Attach from "Top right", Attach to "Bottom Left" will attach the Top right corner of your current object to the Bottom Left corner of the frame you're attaching to.

Look around for it and play around with it. It's quite useful, it just adds, yet another, layer of complexity into the mix.
01-05-06, 01:40 PM   #5
Lozareth
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Or use the Nudge buttons. Or drag the frame. As for lite versions, no. I've got enough on my hands supporting just 1 version of each mod. Which means that one version always has to be capable of everything.
01-05-06, 01:50 PM   #6
Marleena
A Murloc Raider
I can understand your busy enough though! I just wished there was a simpler way to do stuff and at the same time get the confidence i get from your mods. I loved MoveAnything but it seems its not getting updated.

If i try to drag the frame, it only drags part of it and its all screwed up, and when i try to "drag em on eachother" it just weirds out, same goes for nudging. gaargh. Cant see the "frame" im trying to drag either so i have to use my mount while dragging, heh.

I just clicked my way down to Minimap and seriously, that stuff is scary, there's.....over 20 different frames? I just wished i could like, click the "Header" and move the whole thing =P

cry in your general direction!

Last edited by Marleena : 01-05-06 at 01:54 PM.
01-11-06, 01:47 AM   #7
Falkonn00
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Marleena
If i try to drag the frame, it only drags part of it and its all screwed up, and when i try to "drag em on eachother" it just weirds out, same goes for nudging. gaargh. Cant see the "frame" im trying to drag either so i have to use my mount while dragging, heh.
Make sure you are Unlocking FRAMES ... not elements. Elements will allow you to move each part of a frame, and Frames allows you to move the entire Frame group of elements.
Also make sure if you unlock frames that you lock elements, or you will grab the elements over the frames (if the elements are a higher strata than the frame).

Originally Posted by Marleena
I just clicked my way down to Minimap and seriously, that stuff is scary, there's.....over 20 different frames? I just wished i could like, click the "Header" and move the whole thing =P
I assume you are using Discord Frame Modifier to move Minimap stuff?

if you move only the MinimapCluster, that takes everything associated with the Minimap with it. I guess you could call it your "header" for the minimap, as you stated above.

hope that helps

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Discord Lite