10-26-14, 11:20 PM   #1
Digital_Utopia
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Author Portal Suggestions

I like the idea of the Author Portal - it's a great way of providing news; but there is one small little shortcoming. There's next to no information given for them in the admin section or elsewhere. Most notably, there doesn't seem to be a way to tell how many people - if any, are actually viewing these posts.

In addition, although the titles themselves are links - clicking on them results in a "No Thread Specified" error. Even if they're not meant to be viewed singularly, it should be replaced with a navigation anchor.

Finally, the usability is a little cumbersome. While the "Manage Portal" link is nice, there should also be a "Post News" link as well. While two-clicks/page loads isn't horrible, the news section is the primary focus, and most frequently updated part of the portal. From the other side (i.e. Portal admin areal), the List News section should have links for the titles in the list.
10-28-14, 02:54 PM   #2
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Thanks for the feedback! I agree we need to impr... well add analytics. I'd also like to move the admin controls out of the control panel and onto the author portal page it self.

BTW the news title issue is a bug. It should link to the specific news post like this http://www.wowinterface.com/portal.p...88&newsid=2685. It should be fixed. Thanks for letting me know!

Last edited by Dolby : 10-28-14 at 03:05 PM.
10-29-14, 05:34 PM   #3
Digital_Utopia
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Thanks for the feedback! I agree we need to impr... well add analytics. I'd also like to move the admin controls out of the control panel and onto the author portal page it self.

BTW the news title issue is a bug. It should link to the specific news post like this http://www.wowinterface.com/portal.p...88&newsid=2685. It should be fixed. Thanks for letting me know!
Anytime!

But, uh - for whatever reason, clicking on a news item link, whether it be the one you linked, or even my own, loads up the news archive for Tercio. Methinks there's an id that's misbehaving
10-29-14, 05:42 PM   #4
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Ugh I'm an idiot, I hard coded the siteid in the url in the template. Fixed.
10-29-14, 05:45 PM   #5
Digital_Utopia
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Ugh I'm an idiot, I hard coded the siteid in the url in the template. Fixed.
I'm all too familiar with that feeling

It works fine now, thanks!

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » Author Portal Suggestions