07-20-07, 06:25 PM   #1
Siku
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Addon Lag checks...

Well recently, i have been having major lag, but really MAJOR lag compared to say, a month ago in some places and all, i also happens to sometimes have Chain Disconnects. For example, the other day i requested a guildmate to summon me in Shattrah, i disconnected 5 times in a row before i was finally able to MOVE in the city. The same as happen one time i made Teleport: Stormwind. I thought it was because there was major amount of data since they are big capital cities but 3 days ago, i got 3 DC in a row, logging on my Warlock in ANVILMAR -.-;;

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...lux/Addons.jpg

Here's the list. A few notes about them here:

- I have Ephemeral Disabled at all times, unless i want to actually use it, as i cannot see my whispers correctly, or my buff/debuffs either while its on.
- I use the Ace2 folder, which to what i heard is the external Ace libs, but i still have the libs in every of my ace2 addons. I wonder if i should delete the embedded aces...
- I have heard that Cartographers Instances Maps/Loots are still glitchy, reason i still have my Atlas.

Also, here's my comp specs in case you need them:
Intel Pentium 4 1.80 ghz
256 MB Ram
Video: NVidia GeForce FX 5200

So, any addons should i get rid of, replace, or other reasons why i would get such lag as of lately.
Oh and before i forget, does SavedVariable take an amount of memory? For example, my Cellular's logging, or my recently downloaded Mining/Herbing Databases?
07-20-07, 11:01 PM   #2
amz370
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Ram Get Ram
07-20-07, 11:05 PM   #3
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by amz370
Ram Get Ram
Yes. BUT, you could at least help.

Con't have stuff on in Cart your not using. That helped me A LOT. And I have 256MB of RAM and a really, really bad graphics card.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
07-20-07, 11:14 PM   #4
tintingurl
A Frostmaul Preserver

ram and a new video card maybe , i had 1gig and the same video card as you and could not raid in kara so i changed video cards to a RADEON X800 PRO nort the best in the world but helped out big time. for the addons thing prob will not help big time of taking them off or keeping them on since BC things are more needed for your com like ram and stuff.

edit:maybe try using ace addons best thing i can think of.
07-20-07, 11:17 PM   #5
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by tintingurl
ram and a new video card maybe , i had 1gig and the same video card as you and could not raid in kara so i changed video cards to a RADEON X800 PRO nort the best in the world but helped out big time. for the addons thing prob will not help big time of taking them off or keeping them on since BC things are more needed for your com like ram and stuff.

edit:maybe try using ace addons best thing i can think of.
An addon being ace has nothing to do with how much it makes you lag. Bartender uses MORE memory, and creats MORe lag than bongos does.

Turning off addons you don't need on at a moment will reduce lag.

07-20-07, 11:21 PM   #6
tintingurl
A Frostmaul Preserver

true maybe just not use addons till you can update your computer. like me though i have a ton of addons hehe im an addon freak cant live without them so is why i updated my computer.

but yeah use only what you need to use.
07-20-07, 11:53 PM   #7
Siku
A Fallenroot Satyr

Yeah, im thinking about gettng a bit more ram soon, whenever i have money for it =/
I did hear about the Ace lagging less, in the case that the scripter is competent into making something optimized ;p
I also, checked around and deleted every of my addons i dont really use... those includes:
Ora2
a few Fubars (OutfitterFu, TinytipFu)
ArchHUD
Cartographers Mining, Fishing, Herb, Trainers. I dont really use them, quite easy to see, and i believe it surely does adds up a pretty sum of memory whenever i check my map (which is ten thousands times per hour)

PS: Dread, your new avatar is just weird o_O;;

Last edited by Siku : 07-21-07 at 08:41 AM.
07-21-07, 12:15 AM   #8
Hellarion
A Black Drake

new vc and ram..i have 2gb ram and 256 mb nvidia and i rarely lag..auctioneer is heavy on mem and ace 2 while low on mem usage ..the more ace 2 stuff u add the higher it goes..piles on alot...make sure all ur shaders r disabled and triliner is on..might help some ..turn down all stuff in video to lowest will help i promise
07-21-07, 10:27 PM   #9
Tekkub
A Molten Giant

RAM RAM RAM!

The game is hardly playable on default UI and 512. 1GB BARE MINIMUM! 2GB is even better.
07-21-07, 11:47 PM   #10
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
minimum recommended ram for this game is 512.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-22-07, 12:56 AM   #11
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by Chaoslux
- I use the Ace2 folder, which to what i heard is the external Ace libs, but i still have the libs in every of my ace2 addons. I wonder if i should delete the embedded aces...
- I have heard that Cartographers Instances Maps/Loots are still glitchy, reason i still have my Atlas.

Also, here's my comp specs in case you need them:
Intel Pentium 4 1.80 ghz
256 MB Ram
Video: NVidia GeForce FX 5200
1. If you use the standalone Ace2 library, you can delete any Ace* library folders inside your addons. For instance, if your addon has a "libs" folder that contains the folders "AceAddon-2.0", "AceEvent-2.0", "Dewdrop-2.0", and "Parser-3.0", you can delete "AceAddon-2.0" and "AceEvent-2.0" but not the other two, unless you also go get standalone copies of those.

2. Personally I use Atlas because it's more aesthetically pleasing and I find it easier to use. Cartograhper's instance map/note/loot modules use less memory (so if you're low on memory you might want to stick with them), but I like the nice clickable list of bosses, rather than having to mouseover however many notes to locate the boss or object I'm interested in.

3. Your system specs are below the minimum recommended by Blizzard, which in turn is below the minimum many players would suggest. With only 256 MB of RAM, you're going to have trouble even without running any addons. While switching to more memory efficient addons may help a little bit, buying more RAM is probably the only way you'll see much difference. Try logging in and playing for a bit with no addons and see if you notice a significant difference.
07-22-07, 01:09 AM   #12
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Tekkub
RAM RAM RAM!

The game is hardly playable on default UI and 512. 1GB BARE MINIMUM! 2GB is even better.
Hands down that's the biggest issue.

As for Atlas/Cartographer, I would suggest Cart for many reasons but performance is about 300+% better than Atlas.

For your Ace mods, checkout the WoWAceUpdater (WAU). You'll want to read that page and either get the libs that you need, or the !!!StandAloneLibraries and then Update Addons WITHOUT Externals. That will make sure you only have one copy of the libraries.

07-22-07, 10:03 AM   #13
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Tekkub
RAM RAM RAM!

I have 256mb of RAM, and I don't really get much more lag than the default UI. You just need to know what mods to pick.

07-22-07, 02:59 PM   #14
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Dreadlorde
I have 256mb of RAM, and I don't really get much more lag than the default UI. You just need to know what mods to pick.
With all due respect, Dreadlorde, you're not in Outlands yet. When TBC came out, Blizz raised the minimum system requirements from 256 to 512. Outlands and the TBC areas a lot more detailed and memory intensive. Then again, the OP is having problems without Outlands...
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-22-07, 03:27 PM   #15
tintingurl
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Seerah
minimum recommended ram for this game is 512.
yes they say that but they seriously need to update the recommended stuff.
07-23-07, 12:59 AM   #16
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by tintingurl
yes they say that but they seriously need to update the recommended stuff.
Remember when a company states their MINIMUM, they mean the minimum that they will give you support for. Anything less, then the company is absolved of supporting you. "Recommended" requirements are also rather vague and iffy on many occasions. Good rule of thumb is to double the "recommended" for great performance. Your mileage may vary depending on many factors such as addons and graphic/sound settings.

Checkout Windows XP and Vista minimum and recommended for an example, rofl.

07-23-07, 09:42 AM   #17
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I need to buy more RAM..soon..I'm getting closer and closer to level 58

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Addon Lag checks...