10-09-12, 07:09 AM   #1
jktz122
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
got a question

does wowinterface have a client or program that can automaticly update and install add ons that we d/l from this site? similar to what curse does?
10-09-12, 11:00 AM   #2
Ither
A Firelord

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
http://minion.mmoui.com/
10-09-12, 12:22 PM   #3
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I didn't have a link, but MMO Minion was abandoned by the person that was to develop it. It should still work, but if it doesn't, don't expect an update until someone else decides to pick it up again.
10-09-12, 01:07 PM   #4
Ither
A Firelord

Oh bummer.

I update manually because I have certain changes in some of my addons to particular to my desires.

It's just easier than trusting an application that could essentially wipe your addons.
10-09-12, 01:28 PM   #5
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Minion is still useable, it just isn't being actively developed any longer. Make sure you have Java 6 and it should work fine.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
10-09-12, 10:42 PM   #6
Phanx
Cat.

Personally, I use the Curse Client to update most of my addons, since most addons are published both here and on Curse. For the few addons that aren't on Curse, I add them to my WoWI favorites list so I can see when they are updated. If you don't visit the site often, you can enable email notifications when anything on your favorites list is updated (click the Preferences link on the left on your favorites list), or subscribe to the RSS feed for your favorites list (click the RSS button at the top of your favorites list). If you don't know what RSS feeds are, just use the email option.
10-10-12, 06:40 AM   #7
jktz122
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Personally, I use the Curse Client to update most of my addons, since most addons are published both here and on Curse. For the few addons that aren't on Curse, I add them to my WoWI favorites list so I can see when they are updated. If you don't visit the site often, you can enable email notifications when anything on your favorites list is updated (click the Preferences link on the left on your favorites list), or subscribe to the RSS feed for your favorites list (click the RSS button at the top of your favorites list). If you don't know what RSS feeds are, just use the email option.
i see so if i add whatever add on i d/l from here to my favorites everytime the author updates me it would give me a notice .. thats a good idea

it took me a while to trust the curse client .. dunno if i would trust the wow matrix client so fast
10-10-12, 07:40 AM   #8
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by jktz122 View Post
*snip*dunno if i would trust the wow matrix client so fast
I wouldn't trust that particular client at all in any way shape or form.

The only updater's I would use and trust are the Curse Client from curse.com or Minion here at WoWinterface.
10-10-12, 12:20 PM   #9
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
i see so if i add whatever add on i d/l from here to my favorites everytime the author updates me it would give me a notice .. thats a good idea
Yep! Just make sure you remember to enable the email notice like Phanx said.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-10-12, 01:40 PM   #10
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by TheGeek View Post
I update manually because I have certain changes in some of my addons to particular to my desires.
I update and install manually too. It's honestly very simple to do so and ever since Curse had a keylogger sneak through the ads on their client several years ago, I'm wary on letting another program do what I can do in 10 seconds anyway.
10-10-12, 03:21 PM   #11
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by SDPhantom View Post
... Curse had a keylogger sneak through the ads on their client several years ago ...
Any halfway-decent security software should be able to catch that kind of thing, or you can just block the ad servers in your Windows hosts file.

Also, if you're an addon author, you get free Curse Premium, so you don't get served any ads. That may not be relevant to the OP, but it should apply to you.
10-10-12, 05:06 PM   #12
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Well, only if he hosts his addons on Curse.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-10-12, 07:35 PM   #13
jktz122
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
i dont have ads and wouldnt click on ads either but you are saying wowinterface has a client called minion? and does it have ads or use keyloggers? I tried d/l minioin i installed it followed the instruction but it isnt working doesnt even open up

Last edited by jktz122 : 10-10-12 at 07:52 PM.
10-10-12, 07:58 PM   #14
Phanx
Cat.

I tried d/l minioin i installed it followed the instruction but it isnt working doesnt even open up
You should probably read the rest of the thread, specifically:

Originally Posted by SDPhantom View Post
MMO Minion was abandoned by the person that was to develop it. It should still work, but if it doesn't, don't expect an update until someone else decides to pick it up again.
10-10-12, 08:09 PM   #15
jktz122
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
how do i uninstall it
10-10-12, 08:14 PM   #16
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Minion just requires Java 6 instead of 7, you can download the latest version of java 6 from here: http://www.java.com/en/download/manual_v6.jsp. They will continue to update Java 6 until Feb 2013 and I hope we have something else in place by then.

If minion really installed it self it should show under add/remove programs under control panel. Just remove it.
10-10-12, 08:40 PM   #17
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
You should probably read the rest of the thread, specifically:
*ahem*

Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
Minion is still useable, it just isn't being actively developed any longer. Make sure you have Java 6 and it should work fine.

10-11-12, 07:02 AM   #18
jktz122
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Minion just requires Java 6 instead of 7, you can download the latest version of java 6 from here: http://www.java.com/en/download/manual_v6.jsp. They will continue to update Java 6 until Feb 2013 and I hope we have something else in place by then.

If minion really installed it self it should show under add/remove programs under control panel. Just remove it.
i see the folder where minion is but i dont see it in the control panel
10-12-12, 06:53 AM   #19
jktz122
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
in any case somehow by some miracle it works now ..lol

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » got a question