09-24-10, 09:40 PM   #1
chrobry
A Defias Bandit
Tracking annoyance

Hey everyone. I hope someone can help me. I am using Carbonite, and in the mini map where a yellow dot appears it "floats" i.e. it moves with me as I am moving, making it very hard to actually see where the node or whatever is.

When I turn on the minimap to full size (effectively using build in minimap) everything is working great. As soon as I turn it, the tracking dot starts to free float.

I can't seem to be able to find any options to turn that off.

I hope someone can help me, thank you!

09-25-10, 10:25 AM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
When you have the Blizzard minimap and the Carbonite minimized maps merged, this type of behavior is usually seen when the Blizzard minimap is set to "rotate" with the player. IE: An active node appears on the map, you turn towards it, and the node indicator ("gold BB") moves with you. This is because the Carbonite minimized map is not designed to "rotate" with the player, and it doesn't.

To solve it, open Blizzards options window and on the "Game" tab open the "Display" page. UNcheck the "Rotate Minimap" option.

09-25-10, 01:36 PM   #3
chrobry
A Defias Bandit
Thank you!

Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
When you have the Blizzard minimap and the Carbonite minimized maps merged, this type of behavior is usually seen when the Blizzard minimap is set to "rotate" with the player. IE: An active node appears on the map, you turn towards it, and the node indicator ("gold BB") moves with you. This is because the Carbonite minimized map is not designed to "rotate" with the player, and it doesn't.

To solve it, open Blizzards options window and on the "Game" tab open the "Display" page. UNcheck the "Rotate Minimap" option.
This worked perfectly! Thank you. It was one thing that was driving me nuts about Carbonite, and was making me consider switching (except I really like futures).

THANK YOU!

09-25-10, 07:40 PM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You're welcome. I'm glad I could help.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Tracking annoyance