09-29-10, 08:19 PM   #1
Premium Plus
A Murloc Raider
Problem With Nodes on Minimap

I recently re-did my entire UI. I reloaded Carbonite into my UI, and now when I'm mining and doing my "Route - Current gather locations" active/present nodes don't blink on my minimap like they used to.

Before the nodes kind of faded when I got near them, but if an actual node was present at that spot, it would blink on my minimap.

I can't find the option in the Carbonite configuration to turn that back on. Or was that maybe another add-on?

Thanks.

09-30-10, 02:34 AM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The Carbonite minimized map and Blizzard minimap have to be merged to see the "blinking dots" on Carbonites' maps. Those dots only show on the default minimap, as the API for that hasn't been released to addon authors.

To merge the maps, open Carbonites' options (type "/carb options" in chat, right click the Carbonite minimap button and choose "Options" in the menu, right click a non-icon area of any Carbonite map and choose "Options" in the menu) and go to the "Map Minimap" page. Choose the first option on the page (also the second if you want to use the Carbonite Button Window for your minimap addon buttons), and reload the UI when prompted.

----------------
Now playing: AC/DC - Hells Bells
via FoxyTunes

09-30-10, 07:03 AM   #3
Premium Plus
A Murloc Raider
You mean like this?

I already use the Carb minimap, and I imported all the nodes. The nodes are there, and kinda of fade/flash when I get near them, but they aren't blinking when a node for me to mine is actually present.

...or did I misunderstand your reply?

09-30-10, 09:03 AM   #4
Jigain
A Molten Giant

You're tracking the right stuff via the Blizzard tracking system, right?

Do you see static (non-blinking) yellow blips, or do you not see any blips at all?

09-30-10, 10:12 AM   #5
Premium Plus
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
You're tracking the right stuff via the Blizzard tracking system, right?

Do you see static (non-blinking) yellow blips, or do you not see any blips at all?
I just uploaded a screenie so you can see what I see on my minimap...

You can see the potential node right in front of my arrow, is kind of fading in and out. Before if there was an actual node for me to mine there, it would blink yellow. Now the yellow blinking is gone.

09-30-10, 04:52 PM   #6
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Premium Plus View Post
I just uploaded a screenie so you can see what I see on my minimap...

You can see the potential node right in front of my arrow, is kind of fading in and out. Before if there was an actual node for me to mine there, it would blink yellow. Now the yellow blinking is gone.
Yeah, that still doesn't answer either of my two questions.

One, are you tracking minerals through Blizzard's tracking system?

Two, are you seeing non-blinking blips or are you not seeing any blips at all?

09-30-10, 09:04 PM   #7
Premium Plus
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
Yeah, that still doesn't answer either of my two questions.

One, are you tracking minerals through Blizzard's tracking system?

Two, are you seeing non-blinking blips or are you not seeing any blips at all?
lol, my bad.

I don't think I'm tracking minerals through Blizzard's tracking system...I'm not sure how to check for that, or set it.

Also I'm not sure I know what you mean by non-blinking blips? I'm not seeing any yellow blips on my minimap when a node is present, but I am seeing the node kind of flash like in my screenshot when I get near it.

09-30-10, 10:47 PM   #8
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If you are not tracking your nodes through the Blizzard tracking interface, you simply are not going to see any blinking dots on the map.

Wherever your minimap buttons are, there should be one that looks like a magnifying glass. If you click it (might have to right click it. It's been a while since I changed it on any of my characters) you should get a list of things you can track. I think you should also have a "Track Minerals" icon on the first page of your spell book which you can click on to .... ummm .... track minerals.

09-30-10, 11:43 PM   #9
Premium Plus
A Murloc Raider
That did it. Thank you, sir.

10-01-10, 04:22 AM   #10
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Yeah, that's what I was guessing was the problem.

Carb's node images automatically fade when you get close to a potential spawn point, to more easily show the blips (yellow round thingies) if there is a node there, but if you're not actually tracking minerals there won't be any blips to show. Remember to change it back if you track repairs / reagents / whatever!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Problem With Nodes on Minimap