05-09-11, 12:10 AM   #1
Moxie
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Custom Loot String + Addon Conflict

I've been using Damn Craft Spam for a long time now, but it doesn't work alongside my loot string edits.

I wonder if anyone could point me in the right direction as to what I need to do to get the two working alongside one another? If necessary, I can live without it -- but I'd rather not, as I'm leveling a bunch of crafters.

(From what I gather in various comments, Shadowed either doesn't play WoW anymore / doesn't work on his add-ons anymore, otherwise I'd ask him directly.)

Here are the strings mentioned in the lua file, which I've just dropped into the bottom of any old file:

Code:
LOOT_ITEM_CREATED_SELF_MULTIPLE = "|cffffffff+|r  %s x%d"
LOOT_ITEM_CREATED_SELF = "|cffffffff+|r  %s"
Thanks!

"The truth is like sunlight: people used to think it was good for you."
05-09-11, 04:34 AM   #2
Vlad
A Molten Giant

I suspect the addon loads first (using the original strings) then you load yours that changes them, hence suddenly the addon can't match anything as the strings are changed for all future events.

Does the addon bug if you put the loot string edits on top of the addon file? Just check if it works, if not then it's something with the addon.
05-09-11, 12:33 PM   #3
Moxie
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Putting the string edits at the top of the file doesn't seem to do anything, it still prints as + [Inferno Ink] in succession 45 times instead of one line of + [Inferno Ink] x45.

There are no errors or anything, either.

05-09-11, 02:13 PM   #4
thebigmunch
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Well, it's most likely that your new loot strings don't match up with the gsubs in the deformat function from Damn Craft Spam. AND GSUB IS FUN. I remember being too lazy to mess with it way back and just dropping Damn Craft Spam. I might take a look at it again, though.
05-09-11, 02:22 PM   #5
Moxie
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Yeah, I can't figure out what I need to change in the gsub to get it to work alongside my edits. I'm hoping someone has a clue, because I look at it and my eyes instantly cross.

05-09-11, 11:54 PM   #6
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Shadowed's AddOn may very well be working off of the exact string as oresented by GlobalStrings.lua, in which case you're depriving it of the data it needs to work.

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.
05-10-11, 12:02 AM   #7
Moxie
A Cobalt Mageweaver

I'm assuming it is, or something similar, but I'm hoping someone knows a way to work around it by taking a gander at the code for me. I wouldn't know where to begin.

If not, I can live without it and just filter out crafted items entirely.

05-10-11, 12:30 AM   #8
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Hmm, the color tags might be the problem, if the addon is searching for particular strings based on other strings.

LOOT_ITEM_CREATED_SELF_MULTIPLE = "+ %s x%d"
LOOT_ITEM_CREATED_SELF = "+ %s"

Might work.
05-10-11, 10:09 AM   #9
Fodaro
A Cyclonian

Shameless plug, I know , but my addon Consolid8 (http://www.wowinterface.com/download...Consolid8.html) does the same thing as Damn Craft Spam. As far as I know, it should work with custom loot strings.
05-10-11, 11:46 AM   #10
Moxie
A Cobalt Mageweaver

I think you and I had a conversation ages ago trying to make custom loot strings work alongside your addon. I'll try Nibelheim's suggestion first as soon as the servers come up and, if it doesn't work, then give Consolid8 a try.

05-10-11, 12:36 PM   #11
Moxie
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Nibelheim's suggestion didn't work, unfortunately.

Consolid8 published the LOOT_ITEM_CREATED_SELF same as usual as well as the LOOT_ITEM_CREATED_SELF_MULTIPLE at the end of the crafting process. I tried making LOOT_ITEM_CREATED_SELF an empty string, and then LOOT_ITEM_CREATED_SELF_MULTIPLE didn't print at all.

Back to the drawing board.

05-10-11, 02:53 PM   #12
Moxie
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Scratch that! Nibelheim's suggestion worked like a charm, after I stopped being a spaz and remembered to drop the color code-less edits into the damn craft spam lua itself and not my edits file.

Thanks so much!

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Custom Loot String + Addon Conflict