10-15-12, 08:45 PM   #1
Belechannas
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
LFR loot "roll" - trying to track down issue

I did LFR today for the first time, and when the boss died, I received a message that I had won a bag of mogu riches or something like that.

What I understood was supposed to happen was that I should have been able to use an Elder Charm of Good Fortune to make a second loot roll.

I didn't get an option to click or decide anything, however. The message about completing the encounter and receiving the bag of mogu riches popped up just like a notification would appear when completing a heroic dungeon (i.e. nothing to click on, and it just disappeared after a few seconds).

Now, there's no particular to reason to suspect this is a nUI problem, but if not I'd like to rule it out.

Anyone else have issues with looting in LFR using nUI, or know of any other addon that might cause the issue I described?

Edit: Apart from nUI, the only other addons I can think of that might somehow interfere with the process of looting are AtlasLoot and Pawn.

Last edited by Belechannas : 10-15-12 at 08:51 PM.

10-16-12, 12:28 AM   #2
Seer
A Molten Giant
Strange, I got the extra loot roll without a problem. It's a yellowish box that appears somewhere around the minimap. It only lasts a minute or so. I also use pawn, not atlas loot.

Just to make sure, you do have Elder Charms?

10-16-12, 02:03 AM   #3
Belechannas
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Yes, I had 3 Elder Charms on my currency page at the time. I had never looted that boss before, or been inside any LFR instance, ever, so being locked out was not the issue either.

I do appreciate any explanation of what is supposed to happen.

This is what did happen:

1) The boss died.

2) At that exact moment, I got an "Instance Complete" pop-up center screen, very much like the one when you complete a heroic dungeon, but maybe a bit bigger (since it showed the icon for the loot bag). It said I had won a Mogu Riches (or something) loot bag, and that I had received Valor points. There was nothing to click on that pop-up, and it faded out after 5-10 seconds.

3) As it was the first time I had run the MV LFR, I also got an Achievement pop-up at the same time, which faded out together with the "Instance Complete" pop-up after a few seconds.

4) I immediately started looking for something on the screen that would allow me to use the Elder Charm, because I was told something would pop up. But there just wasn't anything there. I looked all over the screen, which was clear at the time, apart from the nUI HUD.

I joined the group while the last boss fight was just starting. But I was in the zone, healing people, taking damage, etc, for 5 minutes or more. And obviously it recognized that I participated. The LFR interface says I looted the boss.

The only reason I suspect nUI is that (as far as I understand) it takes control over all the Blizzard UI elements, and there was the issue of the ExtraActionButton not being displayed for a long time, which could plausibly be a similar issue.

On the other hand, LFR is widely used, and nobody else seems to have reported any problem with nUI (or any other addon, for that matter) blocking the use of Elder Charms. So I am really puzzled.

Since I had only looted one boss, I tried disabling all addons except the bare minimum (nUI + VuhDo) that I need to function in a raid and re-queueing, hoping to eliminate most of my addons as a possible cause, but I never got a full group before it got too late and the player population dwindled. So I'll have to try again.

I also opened a ticket, but I doubt anything will come of that (Blizz will say they're sorry and/or blame my addons).

When you say "it's a yellowish box that appears somewhere around the minimap", do you mean the nUI minimap (which is at the bottom center of the screen, between the unit frame areas)? I find it nearly impossible to believe I could have missed something there; my attention was focused just to either side of that area of the screen (I rezzed somebody who was dead, using Vuhdo in the nUI info panel just to the right, and was looking carefully through my chat window, which is just to the left).

10-16-12, 11:44 AM   #4
Seer
A Molten Giant
Originally Posted by Belechannas View Post
When you say "it's a yellowish box that appears somewhere around the minimap", do you mean the nUI minimap (which is at the bottom center of the screen, between the unit frame areas)? I find it nearly impossible to believe I could have missed something there; my attention was focused just to either side of that area of the screen (I rezzed somebody who was dead, using Vuhdo in the nUI info panel just to the right, and was looking carefully through my chat window, which is just to the left).
Actually I almost missed it myself the first time, I only noticed it because someone mentioned he won gold from the extra loot roll. The window itself is rather unimpressive looking.

I'll try to screenshot it, tho I won't be able to do so unless we down Elegon tonight. If we don't I won't be able to raid untill thursday.

What happens is kinda what you described.

The boss dies, somebody loots it and you either get a "You've won" message or none and the "extra loot roll". Might be that you get the loot as soon as the boss dies in LFR, didn't pay to much attention to that when I tried lfr.

It may have been bugged since you joined when the fight was allready in progress. Your best bet is hoping to join a full run, at least you get 3 bosses (Unless in the US? I think the rest op the raid opens today there?) to enable/disable mods.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » LFR loot "roll" - trying to track down issue