06-26-12, 02:23 PM   #1
Murdabenne
A Defias Bandit

Exclamation nUI+ downgraded itself somehow?

All my toons are today showing me as having the nUI Lite, not nUI+. This just happened after I logged in when the servers came back up. I checked on all my toons, and all of them got the splash screen notice that I had been "ugraded" to the "Lite" version. Also I cannot post to the Supporters forum, although I can read there.

My profile here shows

nUI+ User Group:
nUI+ download access for newsletter subscribers

I've been running nUI+ for a long time, and find it indispensable, its the best UI out there.

Also, I can still get to the DL page and DL the 12-13-11 06:52 PM Version: 5.07.24 (Plus)by: spiel2001

Please fix my access and let me know what I need to do - do I need to reinstall the nUI+ version again?

What's up with this going dead on me all of a sudden?

06-26-12, 02:57 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I don't recall that happening before but yes, I would imagine reinstalling might be the best bet. The only thing I can think of is if you had an auto updater running as it may think that nUI Lite is an upgrade of nUI+ and not a different product so to speak.

As to access, until Scott gets back from wherever he is you may have to stick where you are for the moment.

06-26-12, 05:12 PM   #3
Murdabenne
A Defias Bandit

Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
I don't recall that happening before but yes, I would imagine reinstalling might be the best bet. The only thing I can think of is if you had an auto updater running as it may think that nUI Lite is an upgrade of nUI+ and not a different product so to speak.

As to access, until Scott gets back from wherever he is you may have to stick where you are for the moment.
Reinstall did it - I think the Curse Updater got me. I marked it to IGNORE nUI now, so I manually update it.

Still have the access problem with the forums. And I havent seen a newsletter in forever.

06-27-12, 12:56 AM   #4
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yeah, I'm getting a might bit worried myself. But he may have been called away on work business or taken ill and not had the opportunity to give people a heads up about it. I've sent him an email so hopefully I'll get a reply sooner rather than later giving a hint as to whats up and when he expects to be back on form. It looks like version 5 will be a patch job unless he gets back in time to to get it up to MotP fitness or with version 6 running but will have to see.

06-29-12, 02:34 PM   #5
reddrumjay
A Black Drake
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
I've sent him an email so hopefully I'll get a reply sooner rather than later giving a hint as to whats up and when he expects to be back on form.
Let us know if you hear from him.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » nUI+ downgraded itself somehow?