09-03-12, 03:28 PM   #21
cdh555
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
For Ultra / Madness, you are just supposed to get the extra button as a seperate frame on the screen and it doesn't touch your cast bars as you still need them.
For DMF etc then yes replace the bar as those actions need to be the ones pressed.

On Madness when green platform is dead the button disappears and the castbars return, then on the final one to kill deathwing the cast bars vanish again.

09-03-12, 03:36 PM   #22
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hmm, okay for extraactionbar we obviously have to do something different.

Its a pity there isn't a quest I can play with to test it out. grr dang it.

Im sorry guys but for the moment it looks like you may have to disable nUI for those specific fights until we can figure out how to get it working.

But at least we can get it to show as a replacement action bar so the next step is to turn it into a new action bar. I'll have to look into how Scott does that if he does that is. If not, I might need his help in figuring out how to do that stuff.

09-03-12, 05:49 PM   #23
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
okay looks like my theory of using the possessbar file as a basis of the extraaction bar is useless. The possessbar isn't appearing as Im expecting. So maybe that needs to be fixed too.

More testing to be done but at least I can test that .. oh wait .. unless the possess bar only appears if YOU are possessed rather than the one doing the posessing.

Oh well, too late to do anything else tonight.

09-05-12, 02:34 PM   #24
Whattamattau
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

yup same problem here... but i'm thinking this is also linked to the vehicle bar. out of boredom i'm leveling toons from level1. any time i get to a quest with a vehicle or one that switches your action bar. i have had to disable nui (thank god for the addon control panel addon) and reload to get to see the action bars needed. not a big deal to do while questing or at the DMF, but getting into 5mans like the occulus where you have to mount and dismount drakes contantly, makes for 4 cranky people waiting on me esp as a tank.

also this is for nui5.x (haven't gotten around to 6.x yet)

09-05-12, 02:40 PM   #25
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Hmm, my changes to get the extraactionbar to appear (failed 50%) and the overridebar to appear (seems to work fine so far) made the vehiclebar stop appearing ?

09-06-12, 08:18 AM   #26
Devie
A Defias Bandit

Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
Hmm, that seems to be the way it was supposed to work.

what happens when you do that run without nUI loaded, with just the standard UI ? does it have the extra action bar as literally an extra one alongside the main action bar ?

I thought the idea was that during the phase the extra action bar was on screen you only used that ability. is that not so ?
I think to understand the extraactionbutton you need to see it in action. Try googling ultraxion button pictures and you will get a variety of screenshots, some plain blizzard and some with replacement ui's. It is not a bar in the sense that you are picturing it. It's just a big pretty button. Once it's keybound you don't ever need to see it again. The small addon BetterExtraActionButton not only shows the button but makes it movable on screen. It still works correctly in 5.0.4 and looking at it seems to just deal with uiparenting although I know nothing about coding.

The usage of the button is different than you are thinking. You have this big dragon in front of you. Your screen is normal other than the addition of this pretty victorian looking purply pink button sitting over there. The idea is that at some unknown point in the fight this dragon is going to cast something terrible that will kill you and that the only way to survive is to click that button which will phase you out for a few moments. The button is available at all times during the ultraxion fight but the trick is to click it at just the right time.

This mechanic is completely different from the issues with DMF and your current fix is resulting in a total loss of control during the ultraxion fight. This button should not replace the cast bar.

Some additional spots to test these cast bar switches would be the argent tournament jousting, including the dungeon there as well as the singing sunflower questline in hillsbrad, the flowers vs. ghouls minigame. I believe I've read that all of these use the vehiclebar?

09-06-12, 12:07 PM   #27
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Yes, I think the changes I made for the override bar and what I hoped was the extra bar has messed up the vehicle bar stuff.

I'll do some more tests over the next few days and try and correct the issue so things are a little less dangerous.

09-06-12, 05:40 PM   #28
Devie
A Defias Bandit

Today I reapplied your patch from this thread and did my DMF dailies. Everything worked as expected.

Then I removed [extrabar] 13; from your patch, crossed my fingers, and queued for LFR. Worked fine! I had my cast bar throughout the fight and the button in the default location. Nui movers was able to move the button and I quickly set a keybind for it.

I am using the addon BetterExtraActionButton though since earlier in the week I found out the button wasn't showing up. Silly that I want to see the button even though I always press my keybind lol.

09-06-12, 09:31 PM   #29
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
cool, good to know that my idea of removing that during my tests works kinda .. but I think we will have to create a special extra action bar but hard to test without running a raid haha.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » extra action butons not appear