10-18-13, 11:52 AM   #1
Kreelor
A Firelord

Saving Map Scale

I'm hoping someone can tell me if there is a setting in 'options' that will prevent this issue from happening. I'm using the latest Beta/Alpha version 2.

After right-clicking on either the Carbonite small map or large map and then choosing to "Save map scale," Carbonite ignores the scale I chose. As soon as I move my char, the map zooms way out immediately, and therefore, I can no longer see the details I zoomed-in to see. It must be related to the "goto" waypoint function? If I 'clear goto,' then the map displays properly. But, with the waypoint arrow, I cannot see where I'm going because the image is extremely small. heh heh.

Two images attached: A before-and-after "saving map scale and then moving char a little bit".

Any help will be appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	save-map-scale-1.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	176.4 KB
ID:	7901  Click image for larger version

Name:	save-map-scale-2.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	204.9 KB
ID:	7902  

10-19-13, 12:16 PM   #2
Kreelor
A Firelord

Well, as of right now, there has been 61 views of this topic, but nobody has replied.

Do the maps work for everyone else, or am I the only one having the issue I reported and asked about?

10-19-13, 01:26 PM   #3
JWMcQuire
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

It works the same way for me. I assumed that is how it is set up to work to show the full path being tracked.

10-19-13, 02:23 PM   #4
Kreelor
A Firelord

Thank you for replying!

While waiting for a reply, I experimented until I found a solution which works for me. I modified several of the values in the default "Scale" dialog (a right-click pop-up on the map -- not in the "Options" settings). Now, even when I have a goto point and then try to take a step or two, it no longer zooms out to the entire Zone!

Here are my current (modified) settings:
(Note: I also added a screenshot of my Transparency settings, although they are unrelated the the issue. I thought I'd add it here for an historical record in case it's needed, since there is no easy way to restore default settings).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Carbonite-Scale-modified-settings-that-work.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	160.4 KB
ID:	7903  Click image for larger version

Name:	Carbonite-Transparency-settings.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	7904  

10-19-13, 02:42 PM   #5
JWMcQuire
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Thanks for posting the screenshot. I have played with those settings a bit and have found that to help get the scale to my liking except for zooming out when a goto point is set. ... much appreciated.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Saving Map Scale