01-29-09, 10:08 PM   #1
BokTheGolem
A Defias Bandit

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
How do i make a minimap button

So i looked around, and im a fairly new addon writer, but i was wondering exactly how to make a minimap button. Now i read up but almost everything was written a while ago and is incomplete.
I know the basics but was wondering if anyone knew a could tutorial, or would take the time to post a short one on how to make the button.
Now im not a complete noob, im fairly sure i can make the button my self, my main problems would be getting it to stick to the minimap, but making it call a function and designing it seems easy enough ( although some specifics on the dimensions for the button and whatnot would be nice)

Also on a side note im trying to get one of my secure buttons hide another secure button when out of combat. Its set up now where i have one main button that never disappears, and has one child secure button anchored to it, along with a separate secure button anchored to it. I tried hooking the onclick function but this broke it. I know their are restrictions but all i want it to do is hide the two buttons out of combat. What would i need to do so when i click it out of combat it hides the other secure frames.

I have a good general idea on both these subjects, but i cannot pull it together and make it work.
01-30-09, 03:50 AM   #2
Ravendwyr
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

The easiest way I feel is to use LibDataBroker-1.1 in conjunction with LibDBIcon-1.0 in your addon.

There is also a now outdated library called MyMinimapButton which you could look through (or use) for ideas.

Hope this helps.
01-30-09, 04:14 AM   #3
twobits
An Aku'mai Servant
You can only use LibDBIcon if you will GPL your code though since it is under the GPL.
01-30-09, 04:40 AM   #4
Slakah
A Molten Giant

Have a look at this http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...hlight=minimap

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » How do i make a minimap button