10-23-07, 03:13 PM   #1
brunis
A Defias Bandit
up-to-date documentation?

Where will i find up-to-date information on blizzard lua functions and events.. ?

I'm trying to use stuff like the QUEST_GREETING event, with GetGossipAvailableQuests(), which should return a list of the quests an npc offers.. the event is triggered, but the GetGossip..() methods always return nil.. I feel blindfolded..

very frustrated regards,
Brunis - WoWPeek.com author
10-23-07, 03:54 PM   #2
jonathon
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
wowwiki.com

one of the best places to look, blizzard even mentioned them at blizzcon in the UI panel
10-23-07, 04:10 PM   #3
brunis
A Defias Bandit
Yes, it seems i forgot to mention that's where i get my (outdated?) information from.. i might be using it incorrectly though..

an NPC greeting you with >1 quest triggers event "QUEST_GREETING" .. according to wowwiki it's GOSSIP_SHOW.. so that's directly wrong.. i'm gonna assume the associated methods to extract Quest information is equally wrong.. and that's where i run my head against the wall.. where will i find something that is correct (and actual / up-to-date) ?

hope someone can help me..
11-22-07, 09:12 AM   #4
Malreth
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The wiki is only as good as the people who use it and it's the only centralized compendium of information that we have about the UI API. If you find something that is incorrect, you should figure it out on your own (either by brute-force hacking away at it or reading the Blizzard supplied Lua files) and then edit the relevant wowwiki pages.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » up-to-date documentation?