06-09-12, 04:25 AM   #1
justin.hou
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Exclamation Not work at all...

After install nUI+ and enter the game I can't click anything...but keyboard is working...I check everything is right....HELP ME!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-06-09 at 6.17.44 PM.png
Views:	605
Size:	735.6 KB
ID:	6952  Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-06-09 at 6.23.09 PM.jpg
Views:	548
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	6953  Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-06-09 at 6.23.04 PM.png
Views:	545
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	6954  

06-09-12, 08:03 AM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Your problem is that you installed nUI to the wrong folder. It needs to be installed into the AddOns folder not the World of Warcraft folder.

The screenshot attached shows you how the folders should be set up.

You will have to move the wrongly installed nUI folders and files from the World of Warcraft folder to the AddOns folder inside it.

Edit: Wait a sec, I see you are using a Mac, the folder screenshot isn't what I thought it was, perhaps a Mac user can confirm that things are set up all right as it looks to be a loading problem.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	nUIFolder.png
Views:	564
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	6955  

06-09-12, 11:00 AM   #3
justin.hou
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Can you tell me how to fix this LODING problem??

06-09-12, 01:07 PM   #4
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
On the character Loading screen, disable all addons except for nUI. Get in game and see if nUI works at that point. If it does then one of your other addons is interfering with what nUI is doing. Without knowing what other addons you have I can't tell you which ones are causing the problem or likely to be causing it.

Once you have confirmed that nUI is now loading properly go back to the character loading screen and enable ( a few at a time ) your other addons. Get back in game and see if nUI is still looking okay. If it doesn't work now then one of the addons you just enabled is affecting nUI in some way. Go back and disable them one at a time and retest.

Keep doing this until you have all the addons you wanted enabled running okay in game without nUI going crazy. The ones you have left listed as disabled are most likely not compatible with nUI. List them here and hopefully we can see why that would be.

Hopefully this helps you in some way.

06-09-12, 01:41 PM   #5
Chmee
A Molten Giant
That second shot looks like a path (bottom to top): /Macintosh HD/Users/Justin/Applications/World of Warcraft (Win)/Interface/Addons/nui/Layouts/Default/Unit Panels/

Which version of MacOS are you running? Older versions used this structure, but in the newest versions, certainly in Lion (OSX version 7) and Snow Leopard (OSX version 6), all applications should be installed in /Macintosh HD/Applications/ That shouldn't make any difference to WoW, though. If it runs at all, the path to nui looks okay. Is there a nui/nui.toc file and an nui/nui.lua file in the nui folder?

I don't understand the (Win) in the Wow folder name. Is this a Windows version of the client? Is there a Mac version in /Macintosh HD/Applications?

06-09-12, 02:43 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Just because it bears to be asked... What version of World of Warcraft are you running?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-10-12, 12:25 AM   #7
justin.hou
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
On the character Loading screen, disable all addons except for nUI. Get in game and see if nUI works at that point. If it does then one of your other addons is interfering with what nUI is doing. Without knowing what other addons you have I can't tell you which ones are causing the problem or likely to be causing it.

Once you have confirmed that nUI is now loading properly go back to the character loading screen and enable ( a few at a time ) your other addons. Get back in game and see if nUI is still looking okay. If it doesn't work now then one of the addons you just enabled is affecting nUI in some way. Go back and disable them one at a time and retest.

Keep doing this until you have all the addons you wanted enabled running okay in game without nUI going crazy. The ones you have left listed as disabled are most likely not compatible with nUI. List them here and hopefully we can see why that would be.

Hopefully this helps you in some way.
I delete all my plug-in, still not work....

06-10-12, 12:32 AM   #8
justin.hou
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Just because it bears to be asked... What version of World of Warcraft are you running?
World of Warcraft 4.3.4...

06-10-12, 12:54 AM   #9
justin.hou
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Chmee View Post
That second shot looks like a path (bottom to top): /Macintosh HD/Users/Justin/Applications/World of Warcraft (Win)/Interface/Addons/nui/Layouts/Default/Unit Panels/

Which version of MacOS are you running? Older versions used this structure, but in the newest versions, certainly in Lion (OSX version 7) and Snow Leopard (OSX version 6), all applications should be installed in /Macintosh HD/Applications/ That shouldn't make any difference to WoW, though. If it runs at all, the path to nui looks okay. Is there a nui/nui.toc file and an nui/nui.lua file in the nui folder?

I don't understand the (Win) in the Wow folder name. Is this a Windows version of the client? Is there a Mac version in /Macintosh HD/Applications?
I copy I'm game folder to /Macintosh HD/Applications/, my OS is newest versions (Lion).

I drog the game from my friends Mac, he name game folder with (Win).
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-06-10 at 2.43.23 PM.png
Views:	542
Size:	629.0 KB
ID:	6956  Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-06-10 at 2.45.10 PM.png
Views:	548
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	6957  Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-06-10 at 2.52.24 PM.jpg
Views:	550
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	6958  

06-10-12, 12:57 AM   #10
justin.hou
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Is there a nui/nui.toc file and an nui/nui.lua file in the nui folder?
I can find nUI.toc file but can't find nUI.lua file.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-06-10 at 2.55.35 PM.jpg
Views:	553
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	6959  

06-10-12, 03:34 AM   #11
Seer
A Molten Giant
Seems similar to this

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...highlight=font

06-10-12, 06:40 AM   #12
justin.hou
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Seer View Post
Bad luck, I tried to reinstall the nUI+ and add font, but still not work...

06-10-12, 11:21 AM   #13
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Ah, right, the nui.lua file is in the "Main" folder.

This does look like a font or other localization problem. Does your friend from whom you copied the folder use nui? Does it work for him? Do you have a Blizzard account? If you're on a private server, we can't help you.

06-10-12, 02:12 PM   #14
justin.hou
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Ah, right, the nui.lua file is in the "Main" folder.

This does look like a font or other localization problem. Does your friend from whom you copied the folder use nui? Does it work for him? Do you have a Blizzard account? If you're on a private server, we can't help you.
No, he don't use nUI, of cause I have Blizzard account.

06-11-12, 05:24 AM   #15
justin.hou
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Anyone????help Me!!!!

06-11-12, 11:50 AM   #16
Seer
A Molten Giant
Can you turn on "lua errors" in the interface settings and/or install a bug grabbing program like "bugsack" with "!bugGrabber" and post the results?

Perhaps that will give some insight (Well... as long as the errors are in english, don't think people here understand your language as good as you write English..)

Other then that, try installing the game with the blizzard installer instead of copying it from another mac.

Last edited by Seer : 06-11-12 at 11:56 AM.

06-11-12, 01:26 PM   #17
justin.hou
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Seer View Post
Can you turn on "lua errors" in the interface settings and/or install a bug grabbing program like "bugsack" with "!bugGrabber" and post the results?

Perhaps that will give some insight (Well... as long as the errors are in english, don't think people here understand your language as good as you write English..)

Other then that, try installing the game with the blizzard installer instead of copying it from another mac.
Hope this can help...

p.s: the last line <(*temporary)="小地图按钮"> 小地图按钮 means mini map button.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-06-12 at 3.22.42 AM.png
Views:	507
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	6962  

06-11-12, 02:27 PM   #18
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Aha, that does help indeed, I hope.

That refers to a font Scott has labelled as nUI_L["font2"] which you sent in one of the files... let me check.

Ah there we go .. in the nUI/Main folder there are a bunch of localization files. Open up the one that is relevant to you and you should see a font name that is listed under.

For example:

zhTW localisation file has the following listed as it's font files. You need to make sure that those files are in the Fonts folder of your
nUI_L["font1"] = "Fonts\\FZLBJW.TTF";
nUI_L["font2"] = "Fonts\\FZLBJW.TTF";

if you do not have a Fonts folder in your World of Warcraft folder then that could well explain the problem. Have you got one ? And if so have you got any TTF files in there ? And finally what are they ?

Hopefully this will get us that little bit nearer to solving the problem. But this is pretty much what that previous post link was telling you to do so unless you missed a step out somewhere I can't think why it isn't working.

06-11-12, 09:25 PM   #19
justin.hou
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
Aha, that does help indeed, I hope.

That refers to a font Scott has labelled as nUI_L["font2"] which you sent in one of the files... let me check.

Ah there we go .. in the nUI/Main folder there are a bunch of localization files. Open up the one that is relevant to you and you should see a font name that is listed under.

For example:

zhTW localisation file has the following listed as it's font files. You need to make sure that those files are in the Fonts folder of your
nUI_L["font1"] = "Fonts\\FZLBJW.TTF";
nUI_L["font2"] = "Fonts\\FZLBJW.TTF";

if you do not have a Fonts folder in your World of Warcraft folder then that could well explain the problem. Have you got one ? And if so have you got any TTF files in there ? And finally what are they ?

Hopefully this will get us that little bit nearer to solving the problem. But this is pretty much what that previous post link was telling you to do so unless you missed a step out somewhere I can't think why it isn't working.
It is right? If so still not work...cry....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-06-12 at 11.22.59 AM.png
Views:	497
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	6963  Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-06-12 at 11.23.02 AM.jpg
Views:	491
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	6964  

06-12-12, 12:40 AM   #20
Seer
A Molten Giant
Tho not sure since I don't have a mac, but under windows the font folder needs to be inside the World of warcraft folder.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » Not work at all...