06-11-07, 01:53 PM   #1
SenseiLoki
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Looking for a new UI

OK I am a warrior and so far I have been using EdgeUI BUT it it getting old and becoming an eyesore. SO I am looking for a new one. If anyone can suggest one i would be happy or tell me a good place to go and look at UI's that would work as well. I am a warrior so dont lead me to a mage ui lol.
06-11-07, 03:16 PM   #2
Debz
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
try making your own?

Some popular addons like:

Actionbars - bongos, bartender
Unitframes - xperl, pitbull, aguf
Damage meters - SwStats
bank/bags - ark inventory, myinventory
buffs - elkanos
Maps - atlas, cartographer
Info - titan, fubar

All should be available here, personally I think designing your own is the only way to get your UI the way you want it (no offence or disrespect to those who put in all the effort of comp ui's, its just not my thing)
06-11-07, 03:17 PM   #3
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
check out on of mine

or seerah's, there really good too!

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
06-11-07, 03:18 PM   #4
flaska
A Theradrim Guardian
Why don't you create your own UI? It's really simple to learn to configure the addons...
I followed these steps:

1. Get the basic UI addons from WowAceUpdater
( For an example I took Bartender3, ag_unitframes(with plugins), skinner, squeenix, tinytip, sct, autobar, fubar, grid, prat)

2. From that I started configure the addons to be like I wanted them.. I started by placing the chat frames where I wanted them, adjusted Skinner bottom panel to fit them, placed out action bars and sized them, placed the minimap, changed around some icons, configured agUF and grid. Then I added the top skinner board and changed agUF party frames to be there, placed out my buffbars and KTM/SWS. I removed some addons and got some new.

3. Alternatively more tweaking.

I came up with this

It may not be the best, but I am really satisfied with it.
06-11-07, 03:29 PM   #5
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

mine, you can download it here.

06-11-07, 04:10 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Thanks for the recommendation, Dreadlorde. I need to push out an update for mine tomorrow.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-11-07, 04:12 PM   #7
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

1k posts seerah!

I hate UI comments by people who are just dicks who don't offer CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISM (check my newest UI).

06-11-07, 04:33 PM   #8
Sinkara
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by flaska

It may not be the best, but I am really satisfied with it.
Flaska anyway you could upload that UI...I really love the layout of it =D. Also to not get off topic you could either make my own, or browse through

http://wow-en.curse-gaming.com or here at Wowinterface for anything that may catch your eye =) I don't really know a specific one to try cause there are so many out there. Hope you find one you like =D...also give Seerah and Dreadlorde's UI's a try I love them both...but I constantly change my UI =P

Last edited by Sinkara : 06-11-07 at 04:36 PM.
06-11-07, 04:34 PM   #9
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
If they don't like it then they don't need to download it. I think the font is fine and having chat frames skinned with the bottom frame behind them is fine, too, though when I did it for myself, I only made the gradient go down about 20ish pixels instead of halfway. And I'm a neat freak, so I'd even out the unit frames a bit.

Put in a little bit more of an explanation about the UI - why is it called leveling warlock UI? Is it because they're mods useful to those leveling and not so much for raiding? Are they warlock specific? etc.

Sometimes people can be rude on the internet with the anonymity it provides, but at the same time they were at least telling you things that could be better. But I think that your first comment opened the door, I'm afraid. Instead of calling names, you need to just ask politely why someone gave you a 1/5 or if people had suggestions to improve it.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-11-07, 05:36 PM   #10
Vynista
An Aku'mai Servant
He he have to post mine to since everyone else is .

06-11-07, 07:49 PM   #11
Nechckn
Premium Member

Premium Member
Featured
Second that one Sinkara, Flaska that is one smooth UI, very clean.

Personally have used many UIs and, especially addons, but try to consistently use most of the default stuff simply to ward against the authors who drop their addons.

As for the "hosted" compilations:
Think that Dread's is awesome for a Warlock, undead, or troll, as is.
Seerah's seems to be a tad bit more generally applicable, much like Flaska's.

That said, both are very nice and obviously alot of effort has gone into the creation of both of them. On a side note, obviously, no matter what a person creates, there will be those who like and those who do not like the creation.

Best of luck finding or making the best UI for you,

Nikk
06-12-07, 12:33 AM   #12
SenseiLoki
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Thanks for the replies. But after I posted this I found out on here where to look. I just seemed to miss the link for the UI section LOL. I may try and make my own but IDK how hard it would be LOL. But once again thanks for the replies.

This here is what I have been working with. NOT MY UI it is EdgeUI
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uisetup.JPG
Views:	758
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	1190  
06-12-07, 11:25 AM   #13
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

I had the same issue as you when i finally decided to try a ui. I had been playing a long time tried numerous ones and found that i had certain habits that were not always easily adjusted for in other creators compliations.

In the end creating your own will always suit you best. just expect it to take time and plenty of it depending on how complex your set up is. With most mods these days its pretty straight forward to make your own. Probably the hardest part is finding ones for your personal quirks so to speak.

I'd post a shot of mine but it would defeat the purpose of what im saying here

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
11-01-07, 10:05 PM   #14
aahal743
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by SenseiLoki
Thanks for the replies. But after I posted this I found out on here where to look. I just seemed to miss the link for the UI section LOL. I may try and make my own but IDK how hard it would be LOL. But once again thanks for the replies.

This here is what I have been working with. NOT MY UI it is EdgeUI

If you read his original post for this thread he said he was using Edge UI and that's y he is looking for a new UI...
11-01-07, 10:51 PM   #15
GrissomXIX
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by aahal743
If you read his original post for this thread he said he was using Edge UI and that's y he is looking for a new UI...
That is the original poster...just thanking everyone and showing what he's using.
11-01-07, 11:30 PM   #16
naeem151287
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Thumbs up

well i personally feel its better to make ur own UI...something u are comfortable with....i have tried many UIs in the past...but some had a lot of stuff and some lacked a lot of stuff...so i went ahead to make one of my own....played arnd with a lot of stuff...tried a lot of different combinations and finally came up with this....now i am one satisfied WoW gamer

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...IWoW2.2.3.html

GL HF

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Looking for a new UI