01-08-13, 01:19 PM   #1
WoWLiving
A Defias Bandit
FPS Issue when running carbonite

I have a Dell XPS8300 .. quad core I5 (2nd gen) processor. 4gig ram .. radon R6770.

when ever I am roaming around my fps fluxuates badly ... if I have Carbonite running when I am in a raid I get LUA error msgs to Disable all addons.

For example : Sha world raid I will drop down to 12 fps if I leave carbonite running. If I disable carbonite my FPS stays at 60 (I keep game with sync on so max is 60 - without sync I sometimes get a little bit of tearing .. annoying but not serious so I chose to leave sync on) .... but the point is that with carbonite running a difference of 50 fps is a big deal. (48 for all you picky ppl :P )

Anyone else having this issue ?????

01-08-13, 01:44 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The only way to really tell if Carbonite is causing the problem is to disable ALL addons EXCEPT Carbonite. Leave Carbonite enabled, and do whatever you do that would cause your framerate issues. If the problem persists, then the cause is definitely with Carbonite. However, if the problem does NOT persist, then the problem is most likely an issue with another addon interfering with Carbonite.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

01-08-13, 02:17 PM   #3
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Did you also try updating the video card drivers?

01-28-13, 01:00 AM   #4
matronedea
A Defias Bandit

I've had a similar problem; if I disconnect and reconnect (which happens semi-regularly, my internet is terrible) and I'm in a fight, WoW won't go higher than 2 FPS. I'll get 4 or 5 error messages about Carbonite, and the Carbonite logo won't leave the top center until I'm done with combat. I'll post this in another thread since it's not quite the same, too.

01-28-13, 10:39 AM   #5
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Disable the logo from the options menu.

You need to post the LUA errors you are getting. Also keep in mind that if the LUA errors are coming in too fast, your FPS is gonna take a nose dive.

Be sure your NIC card drivers, motherboard drivers, and video card drivers are all up to date. Clean the inside of the comp to get rid of dust bunnies as you don't want anything overheating.

01-28-13, 10:59 AM   #6
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

The d/c issue is probably WoW hitting the 5.1.x script execution time limit if it happens in combat.

The issue is exacerbated by the fact that not all methods of checking for combat status are reliable during a reconnect (or reload) even if the addon was actually trying to detect combat and defer costly operations.
In particular events (like PLAYER_REGEN_DISABLED) and InCombatLockdown() are not trustworthy in that situation.
UnitAffectingCombat(unit) seems to work better in that situation, or you can code in a way that you always assume In Combat status until such time as you can trust the client to return good information whence you perform the actual test.

If the client hits the script execution time limit (whether you have lua errors enabled to see the "script ran too long" error or not) it is typical that your FPS will crash and probably not recover until a /reload out of combat.

Last edited by Dridzt : 01-28-13 at 11:04 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » FPS Issue when running carbonite