04-07-13, 10:16 AM   #1
dtylertx
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
How Far: Battle Pet XP to Go

Found Here

While grinding pet battles to level pets I got tired of having to look for the xp remaining
and determining how much more/how much longer it was going to take.. and so this addon idea
was born.

This addon adds to the output after a successful pet battle.
It will tell you how much xp that pet has to level, the % of level completed and
how many more of the last battle will level the pet.

it hooks the event that fires for each pet in your battle group gains xp after the battle.

I have some things i'm adding that i don't think will appeal to everyone so I am also working on
adding configuation options under interface/addons off the the Game Menu.

Known Issue as of 1.0.1 - there is a bug in the calculation where it will show (for example)
"0 (0.16) more of the last battle." - this has been fixed but was such a minor thing I didn't feel
it required a push just for that FIXED IN 1.1.0

Feel free to post questions, suggestions or concerns. Be as descriptive as you can.

Last edited by dtylertx : 04-08-13 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Bugfix
04-08-13, 01:29 PM   #2
dtylertx
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Version 1.1.0

2013.4.7 1.1.0
Implemented a first draft a configuration pane. Can be found in game under interface/addons/How Far. Not Pretty but the Functionality is tested.
- allows you to optionally show: % Complete, How Many More Battles, HMM- the real value (decimal as in 2.42) - all default to yes

Implemented Saved Variables for said configurations; Since Pet Battles are per account, so are the saved variables
Implemented an option version (of the saved variales) (Currently 1.0.0) so I can force a reset when needed.
Implemented slash commands '/howfar /hwfr' - currently just reminds you to go to the interface/addons/how far panel.
ToDo: plan /howfar config to force show the interface/addons/how far panel.

Implemented correct handling of a special situation that occurs when a pet levels.
Implemented correct handling of small fracional HMMB mentioned in my prevous post.
Implemented optional replacement of the blizzard message rather than an additional message (1 message rather than 2)
Implemented 'more fights with <level of opponent>.' unless it is a pvp battle, then it will be 'more of the last battle.'

FYI: Untested in pvp so if you get odd behavior let me know with as much detail as possible.

Last edited by dtylertx : 04-08-13 at 01:32 PM. Reason: clarity
04-08-13, 05:02 PM   #3
Phanx
Cat.

Not related to your addon, but your thread title reminds me of "Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?".
04-09-13, 08:31 AM   #4
dtylertx
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Not related to your addon, but your thread title reminds me of "Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?".
lol. huh? perhaps some punctuation would help. I feel like i almost get it :-p
04-09-13, 03:56 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
According to Google... http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/has-an...look-more-like
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-10-13, 09:49 PM   #6
dtylertx
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
thank you! so i join a long line of the confused
04-14-13, 11:25 AM   #7
wolftech
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
You need to redo your zip file as you have your addon's folder nested in another folder named How Far. I thought your addon was broke until I realized it wasn't showing up in my addon list. After checking the interface folder I found the problem then reopened the zip file and found the issue was there.
04-14-13, 01:20 PM   #8
dtylertx
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Red face

Originally Posted by wolftech View Post
You need to redo your zip file as you have your addon's folder nested in another folder named How Far. I thought your addon was broke until I realized it wasn't showing up in my addon list. After checking the interface folder I found the problem then reopened the zip file and found the issue was there.
Thanks for the feedback! - I thought it was something just something vista was doing in displaying the compressed folder. Re-uploading now.
02-15-14, 02:33 PM   #9
nickyjean
Premium Member
Premium Member
Post Request for Feature

would you be willing to add a splash on screen or raid warning when Pet is 1 Battle from Level 25? Thank you for the addon it works perfectly. Can't Pet Battle without it sometimes.
04-02-14, 09:07 AM   #10
dtylertx
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by nickyjean View Post
would you be willing to add a splash on screen or raid warning when Pet is 1 Battle from Level 25? Thank you for the addon it works perfectly. Can't Pet Battle without it sometimes.
I'll look into it

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » How Far: Battle Pet XP to Go