10-22-13, 03:42 PM   #2981
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by HiiQueue View Post
In reference to my original question, I have looked around and seen people ask the same thing to be done with Shadow Orbs. Whether it has been done for that or not, I am not sure. So, I poked around in the .lua files and found what I THINK I am looking for related to the resource displays (Holy Power, Shadows Orbs, etc) in the nibRealUI\HuD\UnitFrames\oUF\elements folder.
RealUI doesn't use oUF to display such things, and trying to use them will require editing the oUF layout files. Things like Holy Power are tracked with the /realadv > HuD > Point Display (nibRealUI\HuD\PointTracking\) module. There's no easy way to add your own custom tracking without modifying files.

Originally Posted by Chicken View Post
hello! really nice ui btw

i was wondering is there a way just to get your DBM skin i really like it
Not that I know of.

Originally Posted by tresser View Post
request #2
Are you holding down ctrl and alt when right clicking?

10-24-13, 05:45 AM   #2982
tresser
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post

Are you holding down ctrl and alt when right clicking?
nope. Any reason why that was changed?

10-24-13, 09:52 AM   #2983
Heroic
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by tresser View Post
nope. Any reason why that was changed?
Because many in-game add-ons used the default RealUI used and it was conflicted.

Many in-game auction house add-ons use alt-right click by default and when doing this with in-game bags while trying to stock fast items on the auction page it became conflicting.

10-25-13, 08:04 AM   #2984
wrymslayer
A Kobold Labourer
Hey Nib, love the UI. Thanks for the update. I've been having a problem the last little while with my gold not showing up for all my toons. Everything else works on the info line just the currency isn't showing up for the toons on the server. Any ideas as to why? Thanks!

EDIT: Did a complete reinstall and its working again. Seems I must have updated an addon that I shouldn't have.

Last edited by wrymslayer : 10-25-13 at 08:33 AM.

10-26-13, 11:50 AM   #2985
Shockattackr
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I maybe blind, but, Is there a way i can turn on the Hots feature for say, renewing mists on grid2 so i know who has it and who doesnt?

-Edit--

or if someone can help me out either through a Raven Tracking Bar or Weak aura that will help out

I love Grid2 too much to change, and i just need to see one measly HoT

Last edited by Shockattackr : 10-26-13 at 11:21 PM.

10-27-13, 12:03 AM   #2986
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Shockattackr View Post
I maybe blind, but, Is there a way i can turn on the Hots feature for say, renewing mists on grid2 so i know who has it and who doesnt?

-Edit--

or if someone can help me out either through a Raven Tracking Bar or Weak aura that will help out

I love Grid2 too much to change, and i just need to see one measly HoT
Renewing Mist should already be tracked.

To add a buff: /gr2 > Statuses > Buffs
To show it: /gr2 > Indicators > icon-left

10-27-13, 01:11 AM   #2987
Shockattackr
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Renewing Mist should already be tracked.

To add a buff: /gr2 > Statuses > Buffs
To show it: /gr2 > Indicators > icon-left
Does it matter which layout im using, Im currently using the dps/tank layout mainly because i have no offspec

level 90 with no offspec

10-27-13, 11:13 AM   #2988
HiiQueue
A Fallenroot Satyr
Since the new update, I have been getting an error every time at login so it isn't started from some specific event I guess. It didn't happen with the prior version. I even tried uninstalling ALL addons, deleting my WTF folder and doing it all from scratch. Here's the error:

Code:
7x nibRealUI-8.0 r19\Modules\FrameMover.lua:730: hooksecurefunc(): Nest_SetAnchorPoint is not a function
<in C code>
nibRealUI-8.0 r19\Modules\FrameMover.lua:730: in function <nibRealUI\Modules\FrameMover.lua:715>
nibRealUI-8.0 r19\Modules\FrameMover.lua:761: in function "?"
Ace3-Release-r1098\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0-6.lua:147: in function <Ace3\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:147>
<string>:"safecall Dispatcher[1]":4: in function <string>:"safecall Dispatcher[1]":4
<in C code>
<string>:"safecall Dispatcher[1]":13: in function "?"
Ace3-Release-r1098\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0-6.lua:92: in function "Fire"
Ace3-Release-r1098\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0-3.lua:120: in function <Ace3\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0.lua:119>

Locals:
nil

10-27-13, 12:20 PM   #2989
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Shockattackr View Post
Does it matter which layout im using, Im currently using the dps/tank layout mainly because i have no offspec

level 90 with no offspec
It's currently only set to show in Healing layout, so you will have to add it for DPS/Tank.

Since the new update, I have been getting an error every time at login so it isn't started from some specific event I guess. It didn't happen with the prior version. I even tried uninstalling ALL addons, deleting my WTF folder and doing it all from scratch. Here's the error:
Will look into it. Did you happen to update Raven by chance? I think in his latest update he's removed a lot of his global functions, which might cause this error.

Try this version of RealUI with the latest Raven and see if the error continues.

Last edited by Nibelheim : 10-27-13 at 12:40 PM.

10-27-13, 01:20 PM   #2990
Jerrythewhale
A Kobold Labourer
Action bars issue

So I have everything correctly installed and what not, but there are no action bars on my screen unless i press ctrl and hold it to keep them up.

I'm sure there's something im doing wrong, but its rather annoying not having action bars lol.

Any help is greatly appreciated, I cant really play until I fix this. Thanks.

10-27-13, 01:26 PM   #2991
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Jerrythewhale View Post
So I have everything correctly installed and what not, but there are no action bars on my screen unless i press ctrl and hold it to keep them up.

I'm sure there's something im doing wrong, but its rather annoying not having action bars lol.

Any help is greatly appreciated, I cant really play until I fix this. Thanks.
Primary Action Bars (the ones in the center/bottom) will appear when:
  • You are in combat
  • You have a focus target set
  • You have an attackable target
  • You are in a group

For all other times you need to see these action bars (which shouldn't be too often), you can just press Ctrl.

For non-combat abilities, the side action bars are the best bet as they appear on mouse-over.

10-27-13, 04:39 PM   #2992
Disconnecktiex
A Defias Bandit
Getting really fustrated with this UI. The UI looks good and if would actually save the settings I input, probably be a good UI.

It just keeps resetting itself (mainly raid frames) then it starts to show blizzard raid frames. Could you please shed some light on this problem?

or please look into it

10-27-13, 04:43 PM   #2993
Hakamaori
A Cliff Giant

There's a new update out that fixed the issue that I had with unit frames. Try updating first. As far as not saving "profiles", I only use one profile, so I don't know about that particular issue.

Hakamaori - Tauren Protection Warrior: Wyrmrest Accord - US

10-27-13, 04:47 PM   #2994
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Disconnecktiex View Post
Getting really fustrated with this UI. The UI looks good and if would actually save the settings I input, probably be a good UI.

It just keeps resetting itself (mainly raid frames) then it starts to show blizzard raid frames. Could you please shed some light on this problem?

or please look into it
What settings are you trying to change?

It's possible you're trying to change settings controlled by RealUI without disabling RealUI's control over those settings, or there's issue with your WoW folder (WTF folder is read-only or WoW located in Program Files).

10-27-13, 04:54 PM   #2995
HiiQueue
A Fallenroot Satyr
Will look into it. Did you happen to update Raven by chance? I think in his latest update he's removed a lot of his global functions, which might cause this error.

Try this version of RealUI with the latest Raven and see if the error continues.
Yeah, I am running the updated Raven. I like to keep all my addons up to date, except the ones explicitly told not to. Thanks for the info on how to fix it, will be trying it and letting you know my results.

Originally Posted by Disconnecktiex View Post

or please look into it
I had this problem when I first used the UI. However, I soon realized that because all the addons have custom configuration to use RealUI settings over their own individual ones, you must use RealUI to configure them. Either get the menu to appear and use the RealUI config button at the bottom, or use /realui and then navigate the menus of that to find the options you like.

10-27-13, 05:01 PM   #2996
HiiQueue
A Fallenroot Satyr

Gah! Skada. LOL Don't mind it and have used it in the past but currently use Recount for the extra graphs and such. ANYWAYS! Yes, using the master file does seem to have removed the errors. Good. So, is it good or bad that some of his global functions were removed? Must be somewhat of a nightmare keeping track of any changes to other addons to make sure that compatibility with RealUI remains unbroken. Thanks for the quick response to the problem.

10-27-13, 05:38 PM   #2997
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

So, is it good or bad that some of his global functions were removed? Must be somewhat of a nightmare keeping track of any changes to other addons to make sure that compatibility with RealUI remains unbroken. Thanks for the quick response to the problem.
It's a good thing. Usually it's not too much of a pain as most addons change very little over time and usually only have major changes when WoW has a major patch.

10-27-13, 07:03 PM   #2998
Doonga
Premium Member
Premium Member
Is the aura tracker limited to 6 per side or will it expand as needed? I noticed you could set a static aura to slots 1 through 12, but I wanted to check.
Thanks!

10-27-13, 07:04 PM   #2999
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Doonga View Post
Is the aura tracker limited to 6 per side or will it expand as needed? I noticed you could set a static aura to slots 1 through 12, but I wanted to check.
Thanks!
Max of 24 per side. I just show 6 to help in configuring.

10-27-13, 07:21 PM   #3000
Disconnecktiex
A Defias Bandit
Looked into it, can't sort it out. I've configured everything correct to my knowledge. Tried it in a raid it decided then to put all my raid frame in a big line and not sort anything out. Looked through realui config & also through the add on's themselves. Can't figure out the problem.

EDIT:: It no longer shows blizzard UI but makes tiny frames. I've removed all "control" Real UI has over the frames etc. Still not working. Tried everything.
(This is applied the same problem to both 10 & 25m)

Last edited by Disconnecktiex : 10-27-13 at 07:26 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » RealUI