04-20-12, 12:56 AM   #1
StAiRcAsE
A Kobold Labourer
Question Can't hide my original UI to show new one from addon.

Okay, so i downloaded oUF to change my UI and its working... Kinda... Its there but its UNDER my original UI and i don't know how to change it,. Please help?!?

04-20-12, 01:07 AM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
1. Please go easy on the animated emoticons.

2. If you are seeing something that looks wrong on your screen, posting a screenshot is very helpful.

3. oUF is a framework. It does nothing by itself. You need a layout. If you already have a layout, you need to specify which one, as there are dozens (if not hundreds) of different layouts written by dozens of different authors, and it is impossible for anyone to tell you what is wrong without knowing which layout you are using.

4. If you are using any plugins (such as oUF_boring_totembar) try disabling them to see if the problem is being caused by a plugin or by your layout.

5. If you're using more than one layout at the same time, that's probably the problem. oUF layouts are not generally designed to work together, unless you're using one layout that only provides raid frames along with one that does not provide raid frames, or something like that.

6. Check when the layout and/or plugins you're using were last updated. If they're very old, they might not be compatible with the current version of oUF, or the current version of WoW.

7. Finally, try installing the addon BugSack, and see if it reports any errors related to oUF. If it does, post them here.
06-05-12, 05:44 PM   #3
scoobz1234
A Kobold Labourer
Hello, i think he might be having the same problem that i am, here is a SS of the issue.
06-05-12, 07:08 PM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

Your post adds absolutely zero information to this thread. Did you try any of the troubleshooting steps outlined in my previous post? Did you try any more general addon troubleshooting steps, such as logging in with all other addons disabled (to see if the problem is an addon conflict), or deleting the addons you're having trouble with, downloading new copies by hand, and unzipping them into your AddOns folder by hand? Have you tried posting on the download page for oUF_Diablo?
06-05-12, 08:44 PM   #5
Ekaterina
A Theradrim Guardian
scoobz,
oUF_Diablo only provides the artwork for the button background, not the addon to allow you to move and size your action bars. You will need and addon like bartender4 or dominoes to remove the blizzard art and allow you to resize and move the bars.

Ekat.
06-05-12, 09:56 PM   #6
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Your post adds absolutely zero information to this thread. Did you try any of the troubleshooting steps outlined in my previous post? Did you try any more general addon troubleshooting steps, such as logging in with all other addons disabled (to see if the problem is an addon conflict), or deleting the addons you're having trouble with, downloading new copies by hand, and unzipping them into your AddOns folder by hand? Have you tried posting on the download page for oUF_Diablo?
Jesus Phanx, go easy on him. He posted a screenshot of his issue and it's clearly visible. The poster below you got it right. oUF_Diablo is working fine, but he's not using an action bar addon.
06-05-12, 10:41 PM   #7
Phanx
Cat.

I have no sympathy for people who cannot follow basic instructions, and I'm tired of people who can't be bothered to spend 30 seconds trying to help themselves, instead of expecting everyone else to read their mind and spoonfeed them.

Also, if you already know which addon you're having a problem with, why on earth would you think that digging up an old forum thread and posting a screenshot there is in any way a better idea than posting on the addon's download page? Not only will most addon authors never see anything posted on the forums about their addons, but when you don't even post the name of the addon, or what you've already tried to fix the problem, you're just wasting the time of 99% of the people who will see your post.

Last edited by Phanx : 06-05-12 at 10:46 PM.
06-06-12, 12:24 AM   #8
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

I have no sympathy for people who cannot follow basic instructions, and I'm tired of people who can't be bothered to spend 30 seconds trying to help themselves, instead of expecting everyone else to read their mind and spoonfeed them.
You could just ignore the post and go on with your day instead of crucifying the OP, wasting even more of your own time and everyone else's time who end up reading your post.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Can't hide my original UI to show new one from addon.