08-15-07, 11:15 PM   #1
WaldoJeffers
A Molten Giant

To many AddOns!

I'm not a happy lil' man with the high(for me) memory my UI is slaving away on. I can't shorten the list, It's too hard I am simultaneously leveling four Undead's which currently are only around level 10, These will be the only character's I'll be touching. Pick an Addon (or 5 , but I cant delete that much ) you think is unneeded and I'll see if i can work up the courage to delete it

08-15-07, 11:32 PM   #2
robthedude
Don't Panic

Well, for starters you can get rid of the Black Temple, Hyjal and Karazhan bits of BigWigs, you won't be needing them for a while! Ditto for ArenaMaster. Ditto for oRA.

Baggins - try using the default bags again! I used bag mods for aaaages, but the last 2 months I've gone back to the old bags and I love being able to organise my stuff myself.

Lightheaded is a big one, sure you need it?

Throw out any bits of Quartz that you don't need/use.

other than that, nice selection

08-15-07, 11:45 PM   #3
WaldoJeffers
A Molten Giant

Thanks rob, That makes sense I just wanted all the raid stuff ready for when all my charcters are 70 in a few days Baggins- Can't..... delete... Baggins..! I'm heavily in love with baggins, I can't do it ! Lightheaded- Is exactly the same Way to hard to delete. Quartz- Thanks I'll check out what bits of it i don't need, I thought it may of broken It's functionality if I tampered with the default package it came as. On a sidenot though, I will encounter the same problem when I am 70 and raiding with the lineup of addons i have waiting (which im deleting now, and using later)

Last edited by WaldoJeffers : 08-15-07 at 11:51 PM.
08-16-07, 12:34 AM   #4
Siz
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by robthedude
Well, for starters you can get rid of the Black Temple, Hyjal and Karazhan bits of BigWigs, you won't be needing them for a while! Ditto for ArenaMaster. Ditto for oRA.
Individual BigWigs modules are often LoadOnDemand, so they are not loaded at all until they're needed. It would be better to just disable all of BigWigs.
08-16-07, 03:59 AM   #5
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Any data tracking mod like Violation will eat memory.
08-16-07, 04:08 AM   #6
WaldoJeffers
A Molten Giant

I can switch to DamageMeter no probs If it uses less memory than Violation. Which I don't know
08-16-07, 04:18 AM   #7
malcite
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Qynova
I can switch to DamageMeter no probs If it uses less memory than Violation. Which I don't know
Get Swstats, its the better one of all so far (although still not good enough) Its a bit trickier to set up but you will have a better end result memory wise.

As for baggins, well i dont know how it is, but try baudbags for a while. It offers a very flexible bag interface and is easily set up.
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/details/5420/

Also go through your Fubar additions. Fubar is by far the biggest memory sucker i have (during normal runs anyway)

Other than that, try to ACE your mods if you haven't. Acemods are usually better coded (not all the time but in most cases) which would reduce your memory alot if you havent used that many to begin with.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Class Discussions » To many AddOns!