Spell Proc 1 100.00%
Other (Posted Idea/Feature) 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

04-18-12, 06:57 PM   #1
Fox536
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
FoxSmoothUI

Alright I would like some feedback, I would like to know what everyone thinks would be a more useful feature. I'm about to start working on adding 2 features to the addon FoxSmoothUI, and I would like to know what everyone would like more, that way I can prioritize that feature first.
  • Custom Bars - This would allow users to create custom bars, that could be used to store more spells, items, macros, ect.
  • Positioning System - This would allow users to not only change the current frames of the addon, but also to position frames created outside of the addon. (Say if you have another addon, and you would like one of it's frames to be anchored to a FoxSmoothUI frame, ect.)
  • Spell Proc - Shows the Animations when a Spell Procs, ex. Eclipse for Druids, Art of War for Paladin, ect.

I'm trying to make the addon as useful as possible to everyone. And so that's why I'm asking for some feedback. Also if you don't use it but have some constructive Feedback, a suggestion, problem, bug, ect. about the addon then please post. If it's something doable then I'll probably add it.
Thanks

Link to Addon

Last edited by Fox536 : 04-18-12 at 07:04 PM.
04-19-12, 12:53 PM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

I don't use the UI, but after looking at the screenshots, I think there are already more than enough action buttons, so I'd say displaying procs should be your top priority, though not critical unless you've hidden the default UI's spell alert frame.

You might also consider a way to bind keys directly to spells and macros without having to put them on an action button which takes up screen space; see Macaroon Spell/Macro Binder for an example.
04-19-12, 01:03 PM   #3
Fox536
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
I don't use the UI, but after looking at the screenshots, I think there are already more than enough action buttons, so I'd say displaying procs should be your top priority, though not critical unless you've hidden the default UI's spell alert frame.

You might also consider a way to bind keys directly to spells and macros without having to put them on an action button which takes up screen space; see Macaroon Spell/Macro Binder for an example.
ya I was thinking that too. but what do you mean by the default UI spell proc frame, because the buttons are completely from scratch except for the SecureActionButton template. so no proc animation plays on the spell itself but the animation in the center screen still plays. Also I hadn't thought about a spell/item key binding interface but I bet alot of people use it though so I'll probably add it in as a module or something.

thanks for the tips and feedback.
04-19-12, 01:24 PM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by Fox536 View Post
... the animation in the center screen still plays.
Yes, that's what I meant. I don't really see any point in displaying procs on the action buttons when there is a gigantic glowing, pulsing thing right in the middle of your screen telling you about it, so if that's still there, I'd say duplicating it on the action buttons doesn't need to be a high priority.
04-19-12, 01:29 PM   #5
Fox536
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Yes, that's what I meant. I don't really see any point in displaying procs on the action buttons when there is a gigantic glowing, pulsing thing right in the middle of your screen telling you about it, so if that's still there, I'd say duplicating it on the action buttons doesn't need to be a high priority.
oh alright cool I don't really like them much either they just drain fps and in raids you need all the fps you can get lol, but I'll still add them as a option eventually. I also want a working page system but for the life of me I can figure out how to react to the player switching modes (stealth, bear form, ect)
04-20-12, 01:29 AM   #6
Phanx
Cat.

I'd suggest taking a look through the code of some other actionbar addons that implement custom paging, such as Macaroon, Bartender4, or Button Forge.
04-26-12, 03:35 PM   #7
ArcticNewb
A Kobold Labourer
I really like this addon but sadly I can not use it. As a druid I can not use spell procs, kind of annoying. So I would say to work on the spell procs. Overall its great. Just wish I could use it. Let me know when there is an update.
04-26-12, 04:59 PM   #8
Fox536
An Aku'mai Servant
ya I realized that yesterday when I jumped on my Druid that it didn't work for that and the shapeshifts didn't affect the first bar so I was working on it for 6 hours instead of gettin to play I was sad but as soon as I have a fix I'll post it and let u know I will also have paging done as well. hopefully soon

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » FoxSmoothUI