01-03-09, 09:58 AM   #2221
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Silenia View Post
Scott,

Wasn't sure if you had been following this sticky thread in tech support or not, and if not, it may be of interest to you.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...68277969&sid=1
Sil - yeah...Blizz is real good at blaming everyone but them first The thing that sucks is that for most folks, their systems haven't changed, but these behaviours in game have just recently started.

Makes absolutely no sense that Windows update, etc, would do it.

And on most modern systems you wouldn't be bothered - simply because if you have multiple cores, SVCHOST.EXE (which also gets hooked by the Vista driver host), can be running on a separate core from WoW.
<shakes head at Blizzard>

Wonder when they are going to fix the random crashing in Dalaran

Marth

01-03-09, 10:33 AM   #2222
fred
A Cobalt Mageweaver
I find this too coincidental that everyone started having this at the same time.Even other operating systems, which points to something OTHER than a microsoft update.And the fact that it's been going on for almost 2 months???

I heard someone mention a possible bug in a higher zone where if you abandon it , it stops the problem too.I just find it odd that it didn't start for the 'masses' until WotLK.

01-03-09, 10:39 AM   #2223
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by fred View Post
I find this too coincidental that everyone started having this at the same time.Even other operating systems, which points to something OTHER than a microsoft update.And the fact that it's been going on for almost 2 months???

I heard someone mention a possible bug in a higher zone where if you abandon it , it stops the problem too.I just find it odd that it didn't start for the 'masses' until WotLK.
Google the issue. You will find it dates a good ways back and is not limited to WoW.

01-03-09, 12:53 PM   #2224
fred
A Cobalt Mageweaver
I usually only see these kind of issues around holidays when Blizz is working in background and when a patch is coming.

01-03-09, 03:20 PM   #2225
Twest
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Action Bar Lock/Unlock

Spiel I was wondering if there was a way to unlock the Action Bars, to move/remove old buttons, other than by way of DL'n Bartender.x?

01-03-09, 03:33 PM   #2226
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by Twest View Post
Spiel I was wondering if there was a way to unlock the Action Bars, to move/remove old buttons, other than by way of DL'n Bartender.x?
It uses the standard Bliz interface for setting spells on the action buttons... if you have the "Lock Action Bars" option set in the interface then you have to either unlock them or use shift-click to drag them around the bar

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

01-03-09, 03:58 PM   #2227
Twest
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
It uses the standard Bliz interface for setting spells on the action buttons... if you have the "Lock Action Bars" option set in the interface then you have to either unlock them or use shift-click to drag them around the bar
Thanks Spiel

BTW Kick Ass UI, I have gotten a few friends and guildies to start using.

01-04-09, 01:10 AM   #2228
jwolfley
A Murloc Raider
minimap size

a suggestion:

as an option to enlarge the minimap in its default location in the center of ui. i use it for navigating and its size (and my eyesight) is an hindrance.

the left/right edges are wasted space. and the bottom time/coords etc. info pane can be moved. my suggestion is to place the info pane above it replacing 6 buttons. there are plenty of buttons and they are accessed with hot keys anyway. maybe even make it movable and i can put it wherever.

i tried moving it to the right utility pane but that's awkward to switch back and forth.

ty,
jlw.

01-04-09, 01:19 AM   #2229
spiel2001
nUI's Author

The left/right edges are wasted space only when you are in solo mode... there's no extra space when you are in group/raid mode. In addition, that map is actually larger than the Bliz map.

Moving the map down is, imo, also a poor choice as it moves it even that much further away from the center of the screen which is where we're trying to keep the eye at or near.

You are, of course, welcome to tweak it if you want... just edit the Interface\AddOns\Integration\nUI_Minimap.lua file and you can change size/location/etc to your heart's content.

Originally Posted by jwolfley View Post
a suggestion:

as an option to enlarge the minimap in its default location in the center of ui. i use it for navigating and its size (and my eyesight) is an hindrance.

the left/right edges are wasted space. and the bottom time/coords etc. info pane can be moved. my suggestion is to place the info pane above it replacing 6 buttons. there are plenty of buttons and they are accessed with hot keys anyway. maybe even make it movable and i can put it wherever.

i tried moving it to the right utility pane but that's awkward to switch back and forth.

ty,
jlw.

01-04-09, 04:27 AM   #2230
neuralassassin
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Thumbs up Nice

Hey kodewolf new GUI seems awesome so far cant wait till all the bells and whistles start getting added then hopefully I can do away with the rest of these damn mods

01-04-09, 07:15 AM   #2231
iljott
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Originally Posted by neuralassassin View Post
Hey kodewolf new GUI seems awesome so far cant wait till all the bells and whistles start getting added then hopefully I can do away with the rest of these damn mods
Yup - seems to be working beautifully!

01-04-09, 09:31 AM   #2232
fred
A Cobalt Mageweaver
I only had one problem when I first loaded both of the new modules from kodewolf. On first logging in when I opened the button bag it placed all minimap icons around the map , it hid the minimap bag and the icons around the map were un clickable, no tooltips either.But that went away and the minimap bag came back.
Thanks kodewolf.

01-04-09, 07:01 PM   #2233
Jungleanimal
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
I noticed a problem with the stats rotating in 25 main Malygos. After I would die and resurrect it was stuck on Omen and wouldn't go back to Recount. The only way to get it to go back was to /nui rl.

Thought I would report it.

Jungle

01-04-09, 07:13 PM   #2234
Dramber
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Jungleanimal View Post
I noticed a problem with the stats rotating in 25 main Malygos. After I would die and resurrect it was stuck on Omen and wouldn't go back to Recount. The only way to get it to go back was to /nui rl.

Thought I would report it.

Jungle
I ran into the same problem. /nui rl or zoning out fixed it.

01-04-09, 08:26 PM   #2235
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Is there a way to get the fonts in the right side chat box to remember my font size setting? I keep having to set it to 12 each time I log in... and it's only the right side chat box that it's happening on.

I'm also having an issue with the unit frame animation setting. They keep turning off, and most times the pictures of the characters and my pet refuse to show up.

Edit: Sleepy, forgot to add this; I 've tried resetting my entire UI.... deleted Cache, moved Interface and WTF folders to desktop and only installed nUI with no other mods. I get the same results as above each time (running on WinXP).

Thanks!

Last edited by Petrah : 01-04-09 at 08:32 PM.

01-04-09, 08:54 PM   #2236
spiel2001
nUI's Author

It's not your install Selenia -- appears to be a new bug.

Originally Posted by Silenia View Post
Is there a way to get the fonts in the right side chat box to remember my font size setting? I keep having to set it to 12 each time I log in... and it's only the right side chat box that it's happening on.

I'm also having an issue with the unit frame animation setting. They keep turning off, and most times the pictures of the characters and my pet refuse to show up.

Edit: Sleepy, forgot to add this; I 've tried resetting my entire UI.... deleted Cache, moved Interface and WTF folders to desktop and only installed nUI with no other mods. I get the same results as above each time (running on WinXP).

Thanks!

01-04-09, 09:20 PM   #2237
Warderbrad
Premium Member
Premium Member
I realize I am probably not like others but I don't really care to see who my target is targeting. The middle of the UI seems to have a lot of space waiting to be used. Is there a way we could have more options to control this area? I realize when we get into groups and raids that it will look different.

About how it will look in a group or raid is there a way to have a "test" setting so that you don't have to get a bunch of guildies grouped up so you can see what YOUR screen will look like when in one?

Also how do I access the GUI? I downloaded it and put it into the Addons folder. Should it have gone into the subfolder for NUI? I don't see a button and there are no slash commands listed.

01-04-09, 10:13 PM   #2238
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
Originally Posted by Warderbrad View Post
I realize I am probably not like others but I don't really care to see who my target is targeting. The middle of the UI seems to have a lot of space waiting to be used. Is there a way we could have more options to control this area? I realize when we get into groups and raids that it will look different.

About how it will look in a group or raid is there a way to have a "test" setting so that you don't have to get a bunch of guildies grouped up so you can see what YOUR screen will look like when in one?

Also how do I access the GUI? I downloaded it and put it into the Addons folder. Should it have gone into the subfolder for NUI? I don't see a button and there are no slash commands listed.
1) If you don't like it, don't use it. Or write your own. Or write a plugin to change the behaviour. Or change the code yourself to your liking.

2) If you read the docs, there's currently no 15/25/40 person raid layouts in the UI. you'd need to use Grid, etc, to get those. They're coming eventually, but not in currently.

3) Accessing the GUI, assuming you have Kodewulf's beta plugin installed, is as easy as hitting ESCAPE, Interface, Click the AddOns tab, and expand out the NUI section. If you don't have the plugin installed, you get no GUI - you do everything via slash commands, as the documentation states on the download page.

Marth

01-04-09, 10:31 PM   #2239
Warderbrad
Premium Member
Premium Member
Originally Posted by Marthisdil View Post
1) If you don't like it, don't use it. Or write your own. Or write a plugin to change the behaviour. Or change the code yourself to your liking.

2) If you read the docs, there's currently no 15/25/40 person raid layouts in the UI. you'd need to use Grid, etc, to get those. They're coming eventually, but not in currently.

3) Accessing the GUI, assuming you have Kodewulf's beta plugin installed, is as easy as hitting ESCAPE, Interface, Click the AddOns tab, and expand out the NUI section. If you don't have the plugin installed, you get no GUI - you do everything via slash commands, as the documentation states on the download page.
I didn't mean to insult anyone just asking about options. I am sorry if you were offended which precipitated such a strong reaction for #1, in my experience an addon or mod is improved by users asking questions and making suggestions. I understand VB and am trying to get into making mods but it is not something I am getting a firm grip on quickly like I am used to.

I did read the docs, I realize not many do. Even after reading the documentation I am confused about the placement of some things and the layout. I am still fuzzy about many of the bars on the HUD and would welcome a screen capture with numbers on the bars and a corresponding document that would explain each bar. As it is I feel I know what some are but don't feel I am getting the full benefit from the tool as I don't know what some of it means.

As for the GUI. I have downloaded it, and unzipped it into the Addons folder as I stated in my post. I do not see it in my Interface section of the WOW GUI. Before using NUI I renamed my Addons and WTF folders so there is no lingering addon corrupting the works.

I realize many people come here to post without ever trying to figure something out. I am not one of those people.

01-04-09, 11:26 PM   #2240
fred
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Meh, your fine.

escape, the interface, addons...I believe that's how it goes.

Maybe kodewulf could give you a few pointers...alot has been coming from that author.I know from experience Scott doesn't mind people coding extra addons....I think that he intended for that from the beginning.

nUI does have a slash command, I can't see alot you would need. I personally use onebag and I like the 2 clock settings.

And if you ever feel like you need a real flaming...go to WoWAce forums...they will cut you down and shred you over there

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » nUI -- A full feature standalone UI replacement