08-23-11, 11:21 PM   #1
Aryae
A Fallenroot Satyr
Unhappy Sexymap... Gone? *Sigh* Now what?

As I said, I believe sexymap has alas, been abandoned.
It seems the last post of the author on curse.com was over a year ago in May of 2010.
I'm not going to hold my breath praying that it will magically update, and with every new patch the bugs will only get worse. Time to move on.

But to what?

I'm a lover of "pretty" UI's and Sexymap was a important part of my UI.
(Who doesn't like shinny moving textures! ) Now its gone I'm stuck wondering what I should use. I've used Chincilla, works great but I miss the animated textures. Is it possible to for someone (Such as myself) create animated textures using KGpanels? And how would I "extract" the Sexymap textures or find duplicates?
(Another addon I use in my pretty-UI Arsenal.) Or perhaps some other Mod able to do so without having to delve into LUA for the LUA-Challenged, such as myself. In short, is there anything I can do to somewhat copy Sexymaps effect? Or perhaps someone kind enough to perhaps take up to project and/or create a new spin off version. Any help/tips/advice is greatly appreciated.
08-24-11, 12:30 AM   #2
Coote
A Scalebane Royal Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Aryae View Post
It seems the last post of the author on curse.com was over a year ago in May of 2010.
It was last updated in June over at WoWAce.

"This is the fifteen-thousandth four hundredth and ninety-eighth occurence".
08-24-11, 09:56 AM   #3
litesung
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

If you're looking into modifying other addons to replicate sexymap via the lua, you could always try attacking the problem at source and modify sexymap's lua to try to fix those errors. You can always ask for help from other loyal sexymap users.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Sexymap... Gone? *Sigh* Now what?