01-07-10, 01:01 AM   #1
mjumnito
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Timed quest

when using carbonite the timed quest do not display the remaining time, http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=3519 is one in particular. With the minimap in the carbonite map and using the quest tracker in carbonite. the timer dosent display but if you remove the minimap from carbonite and use the standard minimap while not using the quest tracker the timer displays.

i have read other post stating that the timer still shows in the quest log but i didnt see that till after i completed the quest.

if you need more info let me know and ill try to get it.

01-07-10, 07:37 AM   #2
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Just a thought. This may be related to the changes Blizz made to starter zone quests. Some people have reported that very low level quests are not being tracked, even though they are in the database.

Seeing as the quest you posted is a lvl 4 Nelf starter quest, Carb may not be watching it because Blizz basically auto accepted it immediately.

If you accept that quest, then tell Carb specifically to "Watch All" does the timer show up then?

01-07-10, 12:41 PM   #3
mjumnito
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I thought about this as well but the horde quest picked up from crossroads that sends you to thunderbluff, http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=853 , has the same problem with not showing the quest timer. this is a level 15 quest (requires level 10) but is, from what i understand, beyond the changes recently made by blizz

01-07-10, 12:43 PM   #4
mjumnito
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Vis View Post
If you accept that quest, then tell Carb specifically to "Watch All" does the timer show up then?
I thought about this as well and tried it, but to no, this does nothing but show the quest in the tracker not the timer

01-07-10, 01:12 PM   #5
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I don't think that's a behavior that is just for "starter" quests. If you are coming towards the front gates of Orgrimmar, turn left towards the zep tower and near there is a troll standing by a large boulder. Usually with the "Quest-ion Mark" hovering over his head. This troll begins a timed quest called "Need for a Cure" (Need for a Cure). I did this quest a couple of weeks ago (with a level 23 warrior), and was a bit surprised that it wasn't on a timer any more, having done it with several characters before this. I was about half done when, for some reason, I opened the Blizzard quest log. BAM! There was the timer, merrily counting down to zero and the failure for this quest. Now, I didn't have to worry about it as I'd done this quest before and did it right away, but.......... What about someone that is new to WoW? They might not know it's timed even though there is a reference to it being a timed quest in the dialog when you pick it up.

I haven't, as far as I know, done any timed quests since then so I don't know if this is just for "low-level" quests or not.

Also, as I understand it, the problem with Carbonite's quest log not picking up quests is for "starter" area's. I'm pretty sure Orgrimmar is out of that area. But, then again, when (or where?) does the "starter area" end? The above mentioned quest is level 9 with a level 7 minimum, and I always thought you were done as a "starter" when you hit level 5.

Last edited by jeffy162 : 01-07-10 at 10:24 PM.

01-09-10, 12:39 PM   #6
mjumnito
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

can we get a conformation that this is a bug from the carbonite team please?

01-25-10, 02:09 PM   #7
CyborgCop
A Murloc Raider
Yea

Yea I'd really like to know if there is a fix in progress. Quest timers are very important to quests.

01-27-10, 12:05 AM   #8
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

The Blizzard timer is shown at the top of the new Blizzard watch list, which is hidden by Carbonite.

Added Time Remaining line to quests in Watch List that have a timer. Timed quests set to high watch priority (they appear at top of list).
Fixed Watch List not auto watching low level quests which were auto accepted.

These will be in the next version.

01-28-10, 01:02 PM   #9
CyborgCop
A Murloc Raider
Cool Beans

How long till the release date for that?

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Timed quest