06-18-10, 09:44 PM   #1
marvin61
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Shammy Totems

Ok I feel kinda dumb asking this but I cant figure it out. Started leveling a shammy and for the life of me I cant figure out how to dismiss the totems...which has lead to some untimely deaths lol. Any help I would appreciate it. Thanks.
06-18-10, 10:40 PM   #2
DesertDwarf
Largely Short

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You're unable to dismiss (or recall) the totems until level 30 when you can learn Totemic Recall from a Shaman Trainer. This spell returns all of your totems that are currently in use and gives you back 25% of the mana used to cast them.

Before level 30, you destroy one totem by either running out of range of your summoned totem or by summoning another of the same type. An earth will replace an earth but not a water. For instance, a Stoneskin Totem would replace (and destroy) an Earthbind Totem because they are both earth totems, but not a Healing Stream Totem because it's a water totem.

This means you have to plan ahead and try to have "situational awareness". If your totem could aggro a mob, then plan on attacking that mob, too. If you don't want to have to fight that mob, then try to place it in a different location so you can be more selective about who you might have to fight. (And watch out for patrols, especially in instances. )
06-19-10, 12:15 AM   #3
marvin61
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thanks for the info. I definately leaned situational awareness after a couple deaths lol. I got bad info someone told me I could click on them to remove them but their higher level and I guess forgot they trained for it. Thanks again for your time it was helpful.
06-19-10, 12:27 AM   #4
DesertDwarf
Largely Short

Premium Member
Even after you get the Totemic Recall, you can't click on them to remove them (like right-clicking on a buff that's on you would remove it). Totemic Recall is a spell in its own right and has to be cast like any other spell. I guess they forgot more than they realized.
06-19-10, 01:19 AM   #5
Jzar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Actually, I'm pretty sure you *CAN* in fact right-click on the totem button to destroy it. Personally, I recommend every Shaman get Totem Timers for managing their totems -- it has a lot of functionality that Blizzard's Totem caddy lacks, including the ability to right click tots to recall them individually. But I loaded up WoW without any addons, and found that you can right-click the icons under your unit portrait in the top left corner of the default interface to be able to cancel individual totems.
06-19-10, 04:32 PM   #6
DesertDwarf
Largely Short

Premium Member
D'oh! I sit corrected. I forgot they appeared as a kind of buff icon by your unit frame. I'm not sure where it is in nUI. I've been playing with nUI6 lately and it doesn't yet have all the features turned on and I've only played brand-new toons with it.

I apologize, Marvin. I really do use the style I described in my first reply where I don't bother with destroying totems (until I reach level 30) and instead rely on my play-style to mitigate the negative effects of having totems out.

Thanks, Jzar, for correcting me. I appreciate it.
06-23-10, 11:06 PM   #7
Barlow94
A Murloc Raider
Just a suggestion, but when you get to level 30, map "Totemic Recall" to one of the keyboard keys. Personally, I use "F" to put all my totems out and "G" to recall them. It really helps in keeping your battling fluid. Haha.
08-10-10, 10:34 AM   #8
XXXmahakalaXXX
A Murloc Raider
*push*

i have the same problem^^ where is the standard-wow-interface totem thing gone to?

where is this found in nui??????

thanks
08-10-10, 10:41 AM   #9
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
If you can't see the blizzard bar type /nui bar totems and it will toggle them to appear. They're not perfect as if I remember correctly you can't change the set up while in combat but you can drop and redrop the current selection of totems as and when needed.

I personally use totemtimers as do some others so beyond that I haven't done much with the blizzard totem bar.
08-10-10, 07:01 PM   #10
XXXmahakalaXXX
A Murloc Raider
hi,

thanks for the reply

i tryed it with the nui totem-bars, but no-rightmouseclick (disapear) works
i fixed it yet with a macro, but this isn't the cleanest solution.

totemtimer - thanks for the hint ) works fine )

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » General » nUI: Community Chat » Shammy Totems