04-16-12, 11:09 PM   #1
Phaux
A Murloc Raider

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
WIP a new FoxeUI

Hello all, working on a new UI I wanted to get some feedback and help. I have created this UI with addons such as bagnon, kgpanels and many more. I want to code it myself so its more solid and easier to install can anyone give me any links to sites that might help or even give me some direct tips. Anything helps thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_041612_215721.jpg
Views:	904
Size:	294.4 KB
ID:	6898  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_041612_215846.jpg
Views:	822
Size:	425.7 KB
ID:	6899  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_110611_051146.jpg
Views:	874
Size:	422.8 KB
ID:	6900  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_101511_142403.jpg
Views:	826
Size:	261.8 KB
ID:	6901  

04-17-12, 04:48 AM   #2
Landrell
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Phaux View Post
Hello all, working on a new UI I wanted to get some feedback and help. I have created this UI with addons such as bagnon, kgpanels and many more. I want to code it myself so its more solid and easier to install can anyone give me any links to sites that might help or even give me some direct tips. Anything helps thanks.
I like it! The only thing I'm seeing is that the bottom UF's and Bars may be a misaligned from center. I'm also really curious, but do the icons like the eye, the gem and etc. actually work? Are they actual shortcuts or just there to look pretty? Other than that, nicely done!

Fear my Aim, for it be True, Swfit, and Deadly!
04-17-12, 03:07 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I moved your post (and Landrell's) into your own thread. The Screenshot Gallery thread is a gallery for complete UIs, no feedback or comments. When finished with your UI, you can put up some screenshots there if you like.

-----------------

I like your UI, its art, and the shortcut(?) icons. However, the very light panels make the white text difficult to read and strains my eyes. Have you tried with an outline around the text, rather than just the shadow?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-17-12, 04:58 PM   #4
Phaux
A Murloc Raider

WIP a new FoxeUI

Thanks for the feedback, Yes the buttons are all functional and pretty ;], the buttons open, main menu, friends, guild, talent tree, Q for lfg, Q for pvp, dungeon journal, and the achievements window, the dice button when pushed will do a random roll 1-100 so you don't have to type it every time. The text at the bottom where it says primary is letting you know what talent spec you are in and when pushed will switch you to your secondary spec and the word will change to secondary and you can hit it again to go back to primary. The unit frames such as the player and target are off center slighty but it was intentional, and moveable if one wanted to ;]. I am very curious about the outline around the text now, thanks guys.
04-17-12, 08:59 PM   #5
Epiphany17
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I'm not usually a fan of white UIs, but that is nice!

I must suggest that the button skin go Dx It ruins it for me.
04-18-12, 06:57 PM   #6
Phaux
A Murloc Raider

WIP a new FoxeUI

Thanks. Its still a work in progress, if you have a good button skin, please link.

Last edited by Phaux : 02-03-13 at 09:22 PM.
04-18-12, 10:58 PM   #7
lerb
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Phaux View Post
Thanks, I am not familiar with Dx, can you link?
I think Epiphany17 was referring to your skin used on buttons, items in your bags and your buffs, and that "Dx" is a some kind of reversed smiley And I can agree, the UI looks really cool IMO but the button skin doesn't really follow the theme of your UI. I think a thin white border should look better
04-20-12, 12:30 AM   #8
Saintvallen
An Aku'mai Servant
Reminds me of one of Dukes old UI's. Sadly can't find a picture of it, only place I knew it was available has been shut down.

All in all it is something like this I would like to create for my self.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » WIP a new FoxeUI